Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Could modern technology resurrect any long lost rides from Yesterland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could modern technology resurrect any long lost rides from Yesterland?

I was just wondering what others thought about this...

In a world where sequels often seem less risky then original ideas ( sad I know ) would modern technology be able to resurrect any of the long removed classic Disneyland attraction and make them both enjoyable to for older guests while still appealing to younger generations?

Examples:

ATIS could now be done using 3D glasses and an enclosed pod with a transparent screen as the windshield playing off of actual set pieces or Country Bear Jamboree could be done with AA combined with screens framed with curtains to mimic an actual stage etc.

*Note - I am not a fan of screen based rides as you can always tell it is a screen but the reality is they are being more integrated with attractions whether we like it or not so does anyone have ideas on how it could be done successfully?

Even if it's a blue sky pipe dream feel free to share.
    Last edited by Blackness; 03-14-2017, 12:41 PM.
    Disneyland, the greatest escape made by man.

Definitely it could. PeopleMover, ATIS with all of the advances in medicine, MTM now that we have landed a rover on Mars, etc. can certainly be enhanced by technology if they were around today.

What's interesting is that you suggested 3D glasses, but that's already becoming kind of a dated form of technology. If they can get ahead into 4D or something more immersive than just glasses, then they can really do something amazing. It's like the MSEP commercials they had this year with the girl going through the warehouse of retired attractions. Find a way to get into the world and not just a better way to look at it from the outside.

Comment

Maybe the augmented reality glasses like they have at Six Flags could work.

Comment

Evidently it can, though in some cases it doesn't always work out (Luigi's Flying Tires for example)

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Optimist View Post
          Evidently it can, though in some cases it doesn't always work out (Luigi's Flying Tires for example)
          I think that might actually the reverse of what I was getting at. It's interesting now that you bring it up ( old tech new theme ) how it did not work out. Maybe bringing back the saucers but using magnets or wheels underneath that rolled in the direction that the rider leaned giving the impression of flight could work.
          Last edited by Blackness; 03-14-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

What is ATIS? I feel like I should know this..
            KA CHOW

Comment

I think the glasses on even current rides like goofy's sky school would be a plus. Or bringing the people mover run on solar from Mickey and Friends.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post
                What is ATIS? I feel like I should know this..
                Adventure Through Inner Space.

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post

Adventure Through Inner Space.
                  Thank you!! I had a feeling it was about an attraction in Tomorrowland lol
                  KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post

Thank you!! I had a feeling it was about an attraction in Tomorrowland lol
                    I get a feeling it was before your time! No worries, sadly I did go on it quite a bit. It was fun for the time.

Comment

Really, any of the golden yesterland Tomorrowland attractions would fair well with a modern reboot. But the fan favorites are definitely ATIS and the Pringlemuncher.

The more likely ones however, at least in my opinion, might be an electric version of Autopia, since Honda themselves have states the current fixes are only "stage 1." And I get the feeling once SWL opens, they might try to go retro for the carousel showbuilding...Or tear it down.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
                        Really, any of the golden yesterland Tomorrowland attractions would fair well with a modern reboot. But the fan favorites are definitely ATIS and the Pringlemuncher.

The more likely ones however, at least in my opinion, might be an electric version of Autopia, since Honda themselves have states the current fixes are only "stage 1." And I get the feeling once SWL opens, they might try to go retro for the carousel showbuilding...Or tear it down.
                        This makes me wonder if they would ever bring the Autopia layout over and bridge it into the area of the COP building and free up the old area for the rumored FantasyLand expansion? It could start off where it currently is and wrap around up to a bridge that would lead into the COP building (or the area if they take it out) and then they could have a virtual night time area or at least part of the track with more interaction if they go electric going in and out of a building would be doable.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackness View Post

I think that might actually the reverse of what I was getting at. It's interesting now that you bring it up ( old tech new theme ) how it did not work out. Maybe bringing back the saucers but using magnets or wheels underneath that rolled in the direction that the rider leaned giving the impression of flight could work.
                          I didn't actually realize that flying tires was more or less the same system as flying saucers, I was under the impression that they improved the system when they made cars land but that the tires themselves weighed too much to be a practical solution. It would be kind of cool to see a magnetic version though I'm not sure how well that would work out (or how safe it would be for that matter, I'm no scientist but I keep thinking of how magnets will flip over to attract to each other). Wheels would probably be the best modern solution for that type of attraction.

Comment

I'd love to see a resurrection of Nature's Wonderland with the new rockwork techniques seen in Carsland and fully animatronic animals (the original iteration of Nature's Wonderland was created just prior to the introduction of AA's) in grand landscapes and such with new effects such as projection mapping and such that could beef up the already spectacular Rainbow Caverns. Just an example of the effects for a modernized version of the ride could be similar to the newer iterations of the Jungle Cruise and such, from the fact that Nature's Wonderland has been referred to as the Jungle Cruise of Frontierland.
                            "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                            "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

TFN, i hope that's what we're getting in a few months.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X