Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Could modern technology resurrect any long lost rides from Yesterland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackness View Post

This makes me wonder if they would ever bring the Autopia layout over and bridge it into the area of the COP building and free up the old area for the rumored FantasyLand expansion? It could start off where it currently is and wrap around up to a bridge that would lead into the COP building (or the area if they take it out) and then they could have a virtual night time area or at least part of the track with more interaction if they go electric going in and out of a building would be doable.
    I LOVE the idea of the cars going in and out like in Radiator Springs Racers. Goodness. How fun!

Comment

I personally don't think Adventure Thru Inner Space needs stereoscopic glasses in order to be resurrected. I'm not a fan at all of 3D rides. What I *would* like to see is ATIS brought back and to have the omnimover combined with the motion base technology used on the jeeps in Indy.

And I've probably mentioned it so many times on this forum that everyone is going to tell me to shut up, but I think Country Bear Jamboree could have wonderful new life breathed into it through a randomizer algorithm. Record and animate multiple lines of dialogue and songs, then have the computer mix and match with certain things being constant (Blood on the Saddle). Furthermore there could be sensors in the seats to tell the system how many people are in the audience and where they are. That way Henry can declare, "It's a packed house," or say, "Y'all might be a small crowd, but I bet you can make a big holler!" The idea being that it would never be exactly the same show twice.

Comment

Now that I think of it, Rocket to the Moon / Flight to the Moon / Mission to Mars could also be resurrected through advanced technology. Weightlessness could be simulated better. Adding random elements to that attraction could help also.

Comment

I enjoy GRIZZLY RIVER RUN a lot~~~~
          But I just feel it missing AA's type Grizzly Bear's and other Wildlife!

I just not into every attractions having to wear glasses ,nor every rides have projections!

IMO
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Well ... considering "Modern Technology" seems to be projection screens, monitors ... and MORE projection screens and MORE monitors (that try to look more real with 3D glasses)... I say no.

The only believable way to bring back old attractions is - Fully realized sets.
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Fully realized sets could be done much cheaper today they they were back in the day and AA's have come along way. Hydraulic and numeric accuators can be replaced with modern servos that can handle millions of cycles and huge torque while also running much smoother and quicker when needed.

Comment

They most definately can, take HBG for example. Im in the camp of just moving forward with new ideas rather than leaning on ones from the past. Nostalgia can get in the way of progress.

Comment

Projection screens also 3D glasses rides and attractions
                  get be to much......
                  And it something, I can do at homeIMO
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Well, for what it's worth, someone kind of did that w/ ATIS a few years back

"Have I gone mad?"
                    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
                      Well, for what it's worth, someone kind of did that w/ ATIS a few years back
                      This was done really well. I love how they put in the back and forth wobble at the beginning. It does show that if done with todays tech it could be even better as the effects could be better then glitter covered foam and disco lights etc.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post
                        I personally don't think Adventure Thru Inner Space needs stereoscopic glasses in order to be resurrected. I'm not a fan at all of 3D rides. What I *would* like to see is ATIS brought back and to have the omnimover combined with the motion base technology used on the jeeps in Indy.

And I've probably mentioned it so many times on this forum that everyone is going to tell me to shut up, but I think Country Bear Jamboree could have wonderful new life breathed into it through a randomizer algorithm. Record and animate multiple lines of dialogue and songs, then have the computer mix and match with certain things being constant (Blood on the Saddle). Furthermore there could be sensors in the seats to tell the system how many people are in the audience and where they are. That way Henry can declare, "It's a packed house," or say, "Y'all might be a small crowd, but I bet you can make a big holler!" The idea being that it would never be exactly the same show twice.
                        I'd be all for a return of CBJ along these lines.

Comment

Fantasyland Dark Rides.

Mr. Toad, Snow White, Peter Pan, Alice and Pinocchio are largely static sets. Mr. Toad is probably the one that would benefit most, but all 5 could be completely reimagined with modern tech and AAs particularly.

Imagine an AA judge in Mr. Toad, hook in Peter Pan, Monstro in Pinocchio, Queen in Alice, and Queen in Snow White. The dark rides would instantly be better.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X