Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you miss from DCA 1.0?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you miss from DCA 1.0?

    The other day I thought about the Rockin' the Bay concert series they did back in like 2002 or 2003. The bands were clearly hastily booked, but if they had taken more time and invested more money, it could have turned into a fun recurring summer series.

    I also miss Eureka and really liked the music.

  • #2
    Call me crazy, but I always kind of enjoyed Golden Dreams.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by amyuilani View Post
      The other day I thought about the Rockin' the Bay concert series they did back in like 2002 or 2003. The bands were clearly hastily booked, but if they had taken more time and invested more money, it could have turned into a fun recurring summer series.

      I also miss Eureka and really liked the music.
      Former parade in Disney's California Adventure Park"Eureka" was GREAT with a good "BEAT"that keep one going!
      It also had many culture's which makes California be love state.
      Just sad it was short run.....it was one the best Disney-parks parade, I enjoy!
      imo
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Wandering Optimist View Post
        Call me crazy, but I always kind of enjoyed Golden Dreams.
        .....Golden Dreams was good ,and it was done well, to show California History!
        I enjoy it also.................That because, I am into History.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

        Comment


        • #5
          The only thing I can think of is Avalon Cove Restaurant, which I guess Wolfgang Puck was involved with. It had good food and nice atmosphere. I've never come to embrace Ariel's Grotto, which replaced it. Totally different experience, although I know the kids like the character meals.

          And I do have a little soft spot for Season of the Vine. I have no idea why.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Pips View Post
            The only thing I can think of is Avalon Cove Restaurant, which I guess Wolfgang Puck was involved with. It had good food and nice atmosphere. I've never come to embrace Ariel's Grotto, which replaced it. Totally different experience, although I know the kids like the character meals.

            And I do have a little soft spot for Season of the Vine. I have no idea why.
            Avalon Cove Restaurant did had good food when Wolfgang Puck ,was involved also better experience!
            To bad ,it did not work out with DCA 1.0
            (That was Disney big mistake, imo)
            Last edited by Eagleman; 03-14-2017, 08:47 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

            Comment


            • #7
              The swirl flavors in the soft serve.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

                .....Golden Dreams was good ,and it was done well, to show California History!
                I enjoy it also.................That because, I am into History.
                It was an entertaining way to learn a little history for sure!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Golden Dreams.
                  The old look of Paradise Pier
                  Strips Dips and Chips
                  and I guess now Soarin over California.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I know its not something that was for most but I really miss the Soap Opera Bistro. I know my friend and I will bring it up from time to time. We made sure to always go there for at least one meal each trip and tried to sit in different areas. Those are the soaps we always watched so it was fun for us. The CMs that worked it were always so much fun too. We ate there one last time before it closed and video taped through it all. Which as soon as I came upon a couple of the CMs acting it up they really did it up more and got in front of the camera.
                    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

                    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"


                    etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                      Golden Dreams.
                      The old look of Paradise Pier
                      Strips Dips and Chips
                      and I guess now Soarin over California.
                      Geee I forgot Soarin over California !
                      That was Great .....DCA original
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        * Definitely Soarin' Over California. The World seems ... flat.
                        * The huge Candy Corn at Halloween, with Heimlich popping out of the top every now and then.
                        * Hearing the Beach Boys at the Boardwalk. Oddly, that worked for me. Do they still play them? I cannot remember.
                        * Tower of Terror .. not so much the ride as the rich design and atmosphere of the lobby and library. Deliciously shivery. Remember the bats arch one Halloween? That was cool.
                        * Aladdin, the live action production. Such a great way to relax and enjoy a great show with a/c!
                        * I also miss the Muppets, but then I grew up with them.
                        * The Sorcerer Mickey fountain, before it got boarded up and then disappeared (outside what was Super Star Limo).
                        * Being able to get WoC Fast Pass with a box lunch at Seasons of the Vine.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Puns












                          jk they were terrible I miss the Phineas and Ferb show (It was my fave show when I was younger) .. and Muppets- But San Andreas Shakes was Pretty good

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm going to have to go with what I thought were the two strongest points of early DCA: Soarin' Over California and the Area Music loops. Soarin' Over California was easily the flagship attraction for the park and was well executed in design and construction. It captured the spirit and excitement that I always believed early California Adventure tried to strive for (Golden Dreams also does this too to a certain extent) and was constantly a draw for me to the park even if there was nothing else to do for the most part. Additionally, the area music (Sunshine Plaza, Grizzly Peak, Paradise Pier) around the park was one of the most underrated yet well executed parts of the park in my opinion. For me, going into the park and hearing the Beach Boys, the Mamas and the Papas (California Dreamin') and all the other songs in the loop put me in to mood of California Adventure, to me it was audible theming that worked if you just shut out all the tacky visuals and physical theming.
                            "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                            "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The non-existent crowds.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I also really liked Golden Dreams. I think the film was really well done. Just enough effects in the theater to elevate it above just a standard movie, but not too much to distract. The film was interesting and had heart. The music was great. All parts of this film were a success, IMHO. It's a shame it couldn't have survived DCA 2.0. I always felt a win-win situation would have been if they had included an actual movie theater in the Carthay Theater at their hub, and showed Golden Dreams there, and included the restaurant on the upper floor. But they didn't ask me.

                                An often overlooked attraction I also liked was Seasons of the Vine. Just a small, pleasant attraction, but one that I think was done very well.

                                As restaurants go, I also liked Soap Opera Bistro. I thought the theming was perfect and the actors who interacted with the guests made it very fun, and not your typical restaurant.
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                                No matter where you go, there you are.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  1. Soarin' Over California
                                  2. Catch a Flave Ice Cream in Paradise Pier
                                  3. (I might be alone on this one) Step in Time at the Hyperion

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by javaMom64 View Post
                                    * Aladdin, the live action production. Such a great way to relax and enjoy a great show with a/c!
                                    I think of Aladdin as kind of a 1.2, which is silly because it was only like 3 years after the park opened. I remember Steps in Time and Blast! before Aladdin.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by amyuilani View Post

                                      I think of Aladdin as kind of a 1.2, which is silly because it was only like 3 years after the park opened. I remember Steps in Time and Blast! before Aladdin.
                                      Me, too. I was kind of thinking of things that were there at the very beginning, which isn't quite fair because there were additions made pretty quickly to liven things up. It was pretty bleak right at the very beginning. We spent very little time there.

                                      Some posts mentioned the music in the park. I liked that, too. It was upbeat and lively mood music.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                                        I also really liked Golden Dreams. I think the film was really well done. Just enough effects in the theater to elevate it above just a standard movie, but not too much to distract. The film was interesting and had heart. The music was great. All parts of this film were a success, IMHO. It's a shame it couldn't have survived DCA 2.0. I always felt a win-win situation would have been if they had included an actual movie theater in the Carthay Theater at their hub, and showed Golden Dreams there, and included the restaurant on the upper floor. But they didn't ask me.

                                        An often overlooked attraction I also liked was Seasons of the Vine. Just a small, pleasant attraction, but one that I think was done very well.

                                        As restaurants go, I also liked Soap Opera Bistro. I thought the theming was perfect and the actors who interacted with the guests made it very fun, and not your typical restaurant.
                                        I honestly don't think I ever saw Golden Dreams. For some reason, it was just never on my must-do list. Even when I heard it was going away, I never thought I should see it once before it goes. I'm sure it's on youtube somewhere if I ever feel the pull.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X