Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

What do you miss from DCA 1.0?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you miss from DCA 1.0?

The other day I thought about the Rockin' the Bay concert series they did back in like 2002 or 2003. The bands were clearly hastily booked, but if they had taken more time and invested more money, it could have turned into a fun recurring summer series.

I also miss Eureka and really liked the music.

Call me crazy, but I always kind of enjoyed Golden Dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post
      The other day I thought about the Rockin' the Bay concert series they did back in like 2002 or 2003. The bands were clearly hastily booked, but if they had taken more time and invested more money, it could have turned into a fun recurring summer series.

I also miss Eureka and really liked the music.
      Former parade in Disney's California Adventure Park"Eureka" was GREAT with a good "BEAT"that keep one going!
      It also had many culture's which makes California be love state.
      Just sad it was short run.....it was one the best Disney-parks parade, I enjoy!
      imo
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Optimist View Post
        Call me crazy, but I always kind of enjoyed Golden Dreams.
        .....Golden Dreams was good ,and it was done well, to show California History!
        I enjoy it also.................That because, I am into History.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The only thing I can think of is Avalon Cove Restaurant, which I guess Wolfgang Puck was involved with. It had good food and nice atmosphere. I've never come to embrace Ariel's Grotto, which replaced it. Totally different experience, although I know the kids like the character meals.

And I do have a little soft spot for Season of the Vine. I have no idea why.

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
            The only thing I can think of is Avalon Cove Restaurant, which I guess Wolfgang Puck was involved with. It had good food and nice atmosphere. I've never come to embrace Ariel's Grotto, which replaced it. Totally different experience, although I know the kids like the character meals.

And I do have a little soft spot for Season of the Vine. I have no idea why.
            Avalon Cove Restaurant did had good food when Wolfgang Puck ,was involved also better experience!
            To bad ,it did not work out with DCA 1.0
            (That was Disney big mistake, imo)
            Last edited by Eagleman; 03-14-2017, 09:47 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The swirl flavors in the soft serve.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

.....Golden Dreams was good ,and it was done well, to show California History!
                I enjoy it also.................That because, I am into History.
                It was an entertaining way to learn a little history for sure!

Comment

Golden Dreams.
                  The old look of Paradise Pier
                  Strips Dips and Chips
                  and I guess now Soarin over California.

Comment

I know its not something that was for most but I really miss the Soap Opera Bistro. I know my friend and I will bring it up from time to time. We made sure to always go there for at least one meal each trip and tried to sit in different areas. Those are the soaps we always watched so it was fun for us. The CMs that worked it were always so much fun too. We ate there one last time before it closed and video taped through it all. Which as soon as I came upon a couple of the CMs acting it up they really did it up more and got in front of the camera.
                    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                      Golden Dreams.
                      The old look of Paradise Pier
                      Strips Dips and Chips
                      and I guess now Soarin over California.
                      Geee I forgot Soarin over California !
                      That was Great .....DCA original
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

* Definitely Soarin' Over California. The World seems ... flat.
                        * The huge Candy Corn at Halloween, with Heimlich popping out of the top every now and then.
                        * Hearing the Beach Boys at the Boardwalk. Oddly, that worked for me. Do they still play them? I cannot remember.
                        * Tower of Terror .. not so much the ride as the rich design and atmosphere of the lobby and library. Deliciously shivery. Remember the bats arch one Halloween? That was cool.
                        * Aladdin, the live action production. Such a great way to relax and enjoy a great show with a/c!
                        * I also miss the Muppets, but then I grew up with them.
                        * The Sorcerer Mickey fountain, before it got boarded up and then disappeared (outside what was Super Star Limo).
                        * Being able to get WoC Fast Pass with a box lunch at Seasons of the Vine.

Comment

Puns

jk they were terrible I miss the Phineas and Ferb show (It was my fave show when I was younger) .. and Muppets- But San Andreas Shakes was Pretty good

Comment

I'm going to have to go with what I thought were the two strongest points of early DCA: Soarin' Over California and the Area Music loops. Soarin' Over California was easily the flagship attraction for the park and was well executed in design and construction. It captured the spirit and excitement that I always believed early California Adventure tried to strive for (Golden Dreams also does this too to a certain extent) and was constantly a draw for me to the park even if there was nothing else to do for the most part. Additionally, the area music (Sunshine Plaza, Grizzly Peak, Paradise Pier) around the park was one of the most underrated yet well executed parts of the park in my opinion. For me, going into the park and hearing the Beach Boys, the Mamas and the Papas (California Dreamin') and all the other songs in the loop put me in to mood of California Adventure, to me it was audible theming that worked if you just shut out all the tacky visuals and physical theming.
                            "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                            "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

The non-existent crowds.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X