Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Blunders, black eyes, and ball drops: The Disneyland we wish had never happened

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
    How about some historical blunders for some perspective:

The Mickey Mouse Club Circus: Essentially Disneyland's first seasonal promotion, Walt enthusiastically built a circus in the back of the park. He had grand ideas for that circus - that eventually it would change into a wild west show or wild animal show. It opened for the park's first Christmas season, in November of 1955. Each day there would be a circus parade through the park to advertise the new show. The circus was a separate admission of course, and reserved seating for the circus cost the same as general park admission at $1. Not only did it fail to attract many guests, the operational challenges and financial cost of running that circus hampered the early growth of the park. The operations managers at the park had to beg Walt to admit failure and remove it, and he eventually agreed sometime in January, after only three months. It turned out that kids didn't want to see a circus, they wanted to see Mickey Mouse.

Disneyland had lots of early issues and blunders, but the important thing to remember is that they worked to correct all of them. That is, of course, why it's still here today.
    You got hammer ,and hit the nail on the head about Mickey Mouse Club Circus:
    Walt Disney learn Fast,what the guest want and did not want!

IT was movie
    "Toby Tyler with the Circus " they made after Mickey Mouse Club Circus close staring" Kevin Anthony "Moochie" Corcoran" !
    Last edited by Eagleman; 03-18-2017, 05:41 PM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Love a good Debate Mr. Wiggins and Mr Liver!

I do learn a lot good Disney stuff, from both of them
      matter if, I agreed or not
      Last edited by Eagleman; 03-18-2017, 04:37 PM.
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
        Disneyland's current management has the benefit of 60 years of previous experience, which they often ignore; and ginormously deep-pocket funding, which they are often too cheap to utilize. And it ignores the reality that Disneyland's current management won't take a risk on anything unless it's a per-proven money making brand.
        I agreed
        Today leadership ,does not want to learn from past history,when comes to running Disney Parks
        (specialty Disneyland).
        It's about there
        "Deep-Pocket"
        Innovation isn't in the business model of today's D I $ N E Y !.
        imo
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonCM View Post
          Things I consider misses at Disneyland?

-Bountiful Valley Farm was obvious filler to accommodate the ITTBAB and not much else. If they had done some Epcot-like edutainment pavilion attraction instead, I'd probably would have been more in tune with it. Water play area and tractor climbing? No.
          -Tomorrowland 98 was such a bust - so much hype for a paint job and attraction gutting. Also, I miss the PeopleMover.
          -Probably because I wasn't cool enough, but I was never a fan of Videopolis. I'm sure it'd be a hit if it came back in the Hollywood Backlot.
          -Circus on Parade, cause I seriously hate clowns.
          -The State Fair was another promo I wasn't fond of. Although saying you rode a ferris wheel on the railroad track at Main Street Staion should count as double Disney cred, right?

most , I agreed, except The State Fair

Most people, would not remember, for it did not, last long .....
          Reason for the Ferris Wheel , on the railroad track at Main Street Station
          That when they was building Splash Mountain and the Railroad was close then.

I though the State Fair was Fun during that time.......imo
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by BNSF1995 View Post
            Rocket Rods. That is all.
            This.
            "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post
              I never tried them myself, but I remember Andy Castro reporting back on the black-bun sandwich burger thingies in TLT as being pretty gross.
              Quite the contrary....they are incredible. I and my family are totally addicted to them.
              Originally posted by migo
              I poop with joy!
              Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Rocket Rods - just dumb.
                Unlimited pass for ticket books!
                The Mur

Comment

I realize it has been 20 years now, but I wish Fastpass hadn't happened at all. I get the idea - hold your place in line while you go do something else. But FP was installed before the 2nd park opened, before the AP program was revamped, and before they realized they also had to expand to give the people not waiting in lines somewhere to go. As a CM, it was often a headache trying to pulse both FP and standby lines, and people were always mad at us for not letting them go. As a guest, it sucks when it feels like your line is stuck while you watch people fly by you. Furthermore, FP tickets are treated like doorbusters, and it's insane to know that RSR runs out of FP tickets for the entire day by 10am on busy days.

Looking back, I wish they had never done this and just kept queues as they were.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X