This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio intensive attractions

what do you think is the most "audio intensive attraction", ie, what attraction come across the most through good audio system, ie, "loud!!!". here's one for you: FANTASMIC
    My book on a comprehensive study of the Disneyland Railroad CK Holliday is now available at http://ckhollidayplans.com!

My DLRR CAD Download
    My CK Holliday Project

Re: audio intensive attractions

Your sig.

Seriously. It needs to go.

Comment

All of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        Your sig.

Seriously. It needs to go.
        All of it.

Seriously. Please clear your sig or it will be cleared for you.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Yeah, wow. I felt like I was looking at the world's most annoying myspace page. By the time I got to the first reply, I'd forgotten what the topic AND your post was.

Comment

Just wow.

Loving Disney Since 2006!
            Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

Comment

uuum okay....
              Well I think monsters INC relies on sound too much to tell the story. even if the AA figure's had moving mouths the ride wouldn't be cohesive with out the audio. I think Monsters INC is a classic example of the guests needing to know the movie in order to understand the ride.
              Last edited by Sir.Mouse; 11-10-2007, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Indy used to strike me as WAY too loud. Now it fits just right for me.

Comment

Indy used to strike me as WAY too loud. Now it fits just right for me.
                  Indy gets up to over 120dB. That's nearly as loud as a jet flying over you. The noise floor for the attraction just idling (the hydrolic pumps in the cars, HVAC, etc..) ALONE is 80dB. It's easily the loudest attraction anywhere. T2 3D is a close second though. Captain EO used to be REALLY loud too. That's one reason I wear earplugs whenever I go to the park. Even just walking around. You can still hear everything, including the BGM - it just really takes the edge off.

Comment

Indy gets up to over 120dB. That's nearly as loud as a jet flying over you. The noise floor for the attraction just idling (the hydrolic pumps in the cars, HVAC, etc..) ALONE is 80dB. It's easily the loudest attraction anywhere.
                    Really? I'm sorry, but it doesn't seem that loud to me anymore. Where'd you get these figures, and are you sure they're up-to-date?

Although I suppose Indy really does qualify as the world's most audio intensive attraction. Can you think of any others that use huge subwoofers to create booming noises inside enclosed buildings and manage to be heard from hundreds of feet away?

Comment

Well the 80dB figure was told to me by my boss at WDI, and I can tell it's over 120dB just from 10 plus years as an audio professional.

Comment

I'll tell you something that really surprised me last time I was at DL. I was using the 2nd Showing of Fantasmic to get some rides in. I was standing outside the Haunted Mansion when the part of Fantasmic with the lightning and thunder happened. A speaker for it must be near the mansion cause it was loud. I jumped when it went off.

Comment

Well, first, Fantasmic! is a show, not an attraction, and it's outside, where sound energy has much less to reflect off of, so it dissipates much more rapidly. In terms of pure spl (sound pressure level) it's probably the loudest, but it's not percieved as being as loud as Indy, for instance.

Comment

as measured from in front of b tower, Fantasmic!'s loudest sound is the cannon on the Columbia @ 100db depending on the load, temp and humidity , average for the show is right around 90db.

Disney has a weighted average limit of 95db and a peak limit of 105db for 5 seconds of all shows in the resort.

I don't know about limits in the attractions, but I would think it is similar.

Comment

Best audio, to me, means something different than loud. It means least distortion and highest fidelity. On those terms, the best ride audio in my opinion is probably Space Mountain, which really says something about the audio system that they use. Not to mention the fact that Disney does audio like no one else. It is actually layered. It isn't a single audio track. They actually have individual custom blade servers for each audio element of a ride. The raven on HM has it's on Double-E PROM blade. Any element can be isolated at the press of a button. That's how they can make so many various recordings without having to rerecord it.

As far as loudest goes, Mr. Toad. But it isn't very high quality sound. Though that may be the speakers used. A close second would be Piglet's voice telling Pooh to wake up at the end of the Pooh ride. It is deafeningly loud as you pass the speaker cluster.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X