Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No or payment plans please

I have been a passholder for years and as the park has become more and more crowded in the last decade i have always tried to keep a good attitude about the monthly payments or passes. Well, i have finally turned to the dark side and i am saying Disneyland has to cut this out. It doesnt matter if it's Monday or Saturday, the parks are packed.

I know some people can't afford it, believe me i've been there. I had to wait until i could afford a pass and then there were a few years off and on where i didnt get a pass. But the parks now just feel uncomfortable with how many people there are. I had to save for a trip to WDW and it was so nice that it wasnt jam packed. Sure there were some lines but it wasnt like Disneyland. If i was coming out to DLR for a vacation i could imagine the people being furious over the crowds.

So thats my rant. I always had the opinion that Disneyland should be for everyone but have finally changed my mind and say something else besides price increases needs to be done, axe the payments.

It'll be nice to have this conversation without the derailments.

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post
      It'll be nice to have this conversation without the derailments.
      Is that what's going to happen?

Comment

I've long been an advocate of getting rid of the monthly payments. I used them when they first offered them but within a few years went back to just buying the pass outright. The idea that people won't be able to afford APs without it doesn't hold much water. Most people can just throw it on a credit card and continue to pay for it monthly (albeit no longer interest free). At worst, it means going without a pass for a year while setting aside the same amount as a monthly payment. After a year of saving they'll have enough money to buy an AP and can continue setting money aside every month to pay for the following year's renewal. The main problem with the payment plan is that it gets rid of the sticker shock of the high cost of the AP which in turn leads to a lot of impulse buys. It would be an interesting experiment to see how much AP sales would drop by merely advertising the true cost of the passes instead of the monthly payment amount (even if the monthly payments were still available).
        "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier if Disney just said only 22,000 people are allowed in the parks at one time, rather than the whole cut the monthly payments talk? There are so many logistics involved and I am still a firm believer that getting rid of the monthly payments wont solve and honestly wont help the issue that much. Disney will find other ways to keep the parks packed, as long as Disney wants them packed. That is why I say if you want less crowds in the park, then put a smaller limit on how many people can enter at one time. (PS, I do not promote or want such a thing to happen. I am simply stating this is the most effective way to achieve the results people are asking for, less crowds).

Comment

Disneyland Annual Passes on the Monthly Payment Plan, are in my opinion comparable to leasing an expensive Apple iPhone at your local phone store. Not too many people can plop down 600+ for a phone, so they pay by the month instead. It makes more people able to enjoy the features of an iPhone. Perhaps Apple copied Disney who came up with this idea, to get more people into it's California park. However, many people for a long time have thought that Disney created a monster with this idea. Crowds seems to be the biggest complaint here. I don't see Disney axing the payment plan any time soon. As far as the above comment about WDW not being as crowded as Disneyland, I did not find that to be true on my last WDW trip.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
              Wouldn't it be easier if Disney just said only 22,000 people are allowed in the parks at one time, rather than the whole cut the monthly payments talk? There are so many logistics involved and I am still a firm believer that getting rid of the monthly payments wont solve and honestly wont help the issue that much. Disney will find other ways to keep the parks packed, as long as Disney wants them packed. That is why I say if you want less crowds in the park, then put a smaller limit on how many people can enter at one time. (PS, I do not promote or want such a thing to happen. I am simply stating this is the most effective way to achieve the results people are asking for, less crowds).
              I once suggested this idea, and it was pointed out to me that as a tourist, I could get turned away at the turnstile. I never thought of that. I certainly would not like that at all after spending almost $2000 on a trip to California to visit Disneyland.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                Disneyland Annual Passes on the Monthly Payment Plan, are in my opinion comparable to leasing an expensive Apple iPhone at your local phone store. Not too many people can plop down 600+ for a phone, so they pay by the month instead. It makes more people able to enjoy the features of an iPhone. Perhaps Apple copied Disney who came up with this idea, to get more people into it's California park. However, many people for a long time have thought that Disney created a monster with this idea. Crowds seems to be the biggest complaint here. I don't see Disney axing the payment plan any time soon. As far as the above comment about WDW not being as crowded as Disneyland, I did not find that to be true on my last WDW trip.
                I would argue that you need a cell phone these days but if not an annual pass. Its something you can live without if you dont have the money. Like i stated before, i had to do without a pass a couple times. Yeah it sucked not being able to go to the parks but a phone is almost a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by splashmountaineer View Post
                  I have been a passholder for years and as the park has become more and more crowded in the last decade i have always tried to keep a good attitude about the monthly payments or passes. Well, i have finally turned to the dark side and i am saying Disneyland has to cut this out. It doesnt matter if it's Monday or Saturday, the parks are packed.

I know some people can't afford it, believe me i've been there. I had to wait until i could afford a pass and then there were a few years off and on where i didnt get a pass. But the parks now just feel uncomfortable with how many people there are. I had to save for a trip to WDW and it was so nice that it wasnt jam packed. Sure there were some lines but it wasnt like Disneyland. If i was coming out to DLR for a vacation i could imagine the people being furious over the crowds.

So thats my rant. I always had the opinion that Disneyland should be for everyone but have finally changed my mind and say something else besides price increases needs to be done, axe the payments.
                  its really an optical illusion, the Magic Kingdom at Disney World is the most visited park, more than Disneyland.

Disneyland can't handle that same capacity as the Magic Kingdom, which they could fix. (getting rid of the rockets from the entrance of tomorrowland, moving the dole whip line, moving the entrance of Indiana jones, building a stadium for fantasmic, not doing parades on main street, or removing the curbs, ripping out all the junk around big thunder)

Whenever you park hop, you cn feel how much better it is in DCA.

Really the only one you can blame is Disney for not making wider paths and investing in park infrastructure, to make it feel less crowded than it is. I don't think monthly payments makes it worst.

I just think Disney as an entire brand is just more popular than ever! Face it, Ever family is bound to have someone who is at least a fan of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Marvel, Pixar, or Disney. So its hard not to want to like or goto a Disney park.

Hate to say it, but currently its now cool, and hip to be a fan of Disney! considering all of the properties they own. Years ago, it used to be a thing just for families and young kids. lol if Disney ever became uncool again then you would be able to enjoy the parks
                  Last edited by BradleyC; 03-15-2017, 10:00 PM.
                  Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post
                    . It would be an interesting experiment to see how much AP sales would drop by merely advertising the true cost of the passes instead of the monthly payment amount (even if the monthly payments were still available).
                    I Agreed ,it would be interesting Advertising
                    Show the real cost !!
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Getting rid of monthly payments = not gonna happen. Disney actively trying to discourage APs = not gonna happen. There are no facts in evidence to support that Disney will do either of those things anytime in the near future. If a large number of AP holders and/or tourists stop going to the park and Disney were to determine the cause to be over crowding, then they might be inclined to look into the issue. So, all of the cards are in the hands of the consumer on this one. You can't have an AP, go to the park all the time and also complain about the crowds. Sorry.

Comment

I wish they'd get rid of the low tiered passes and monthly payments. However, it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Maybe when Star Wars land opens?

Comment

If you hate the crowds, there are plenty of other premier vacation destinations to visit. Or demand Disney to build another Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post

I once suggested this idea, and it was pointed out to me that as a tourist, I could get turned away at the turnstile. I never thought of that. I certainly would not like that at all after spending almost $2000 on a trip to California to visit Disneyland.
                            Which is the reason why I wouldn't be in favor of such an idea. I only brought it up because it truly is the only way for people to get what they seek when it comes to the crowd issues. The crowd issues go beyond APs and the monthly payments. Yes, they play a part and might even pay a large part, but I still believe that things would find a way of evening out. As in, the crowds would still be there if Disney wanted them there.

Originally posted by StickyFrenchToast View Post
                            I wish they'd get rid of the low tiered passes and monthly payments. However, it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Maybe when Star Wars land opens?
                            If that were to happen, it won't change the fact that there are still crowds and that parks are jammed pack. Once Star Wars land opens, Disney could block every single pass for months and it would still be beyond busy in the parks.

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a bold limb here and say it's not the payment plans that are making the parks crowded.....it's the So Cal passes that are making the parks crowded. These are the people who are paying the least amount and live the closest. Going to the parks for them is like going to the movies or having a night out. It's not vacation to them. Even if payments plans went away, So Cal Select passes are still pretty affordable to a lot of people, and with payment plans the monthly payment is the cost of 4 Starbucks coffees.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X