Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

No or payment plans please

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post

I agree. But sometimes it seems like there's an open disdain and hostility for the entire group as a whole and many generalizations that are unwarranted. And I am not specifically talking about any one member here. Obviously not every AP is rude, entitled or belligerent just like not every tourist is kind, courteous and respectful of others. I think any of those behaviors can come from an AP or a tourist or non-AP.
    Agreed, and when frustrations are taken at vague groups like locals who use iPhones and eat junk food as the bunt of all blame, it just feels uncomfortable. I've never been rude to a cast member but from the post it sure feels like I should feel bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameNBurger View Post

Agreed, and when frustrations are taken at vague groups like locals who use iPhones and eat junk food as the bunt of all blame, it just feels uncomfortable. I've never been rude to a cast member but from the post it sure feels like I should feel bad.
      Don't feel bad. You do you and be kind and courteous around others.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameNBurger View Post

What I can tell ,less ,on the board
        You are very respectful to other's, as well courteous.
        So there, NO reason, for you should feel bad!
        Last edited by Eagleman; 03-19-2017, 06:54 PM.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post
          I tend to lean on the side that believes the payment plan should probably continue and is a good thing. But, I do think it's probably time for Disneyland to get rid of the SoCal Select and SoCal passes. Or at least put them on hiatus for a few years. I'd be curious to see how crowd levels would change if there were only Deluxe, Signature and Signature Plus (aka Premium) passes offered but payment plans still as an option.

I Agreed
          And I do think , by the time Star War Land open ...Disney will !
          But as for payments plans goes,Disney will keep that, for simple fact other's
          Entertainment theme parks and amusement parks ,has them!
          When STAR WAR LAND open ...Admission will be "Game Change "
          IMO
          Last edited by Eagleman; 03-19-2017, 07:01 PM.
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post

I wonder if the number of APs who fall into this group is bigger than we think.

A ton of APs are single, young adults. You look at all the data about average student loan debt, stagnant entry-level job growth, etc. And compare it to the cost of living in SoCal, and I wouldn't be shocked if the under-35s were most reliant on the free payment plans.
            This could very well be true.
            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

• Originally posted by elle317 View Post
              Getting rid of monthly payments = not gonna happen. Disney actively trying to discourage APs = not gonna happen. There are no facts in evidence to support that Disney will do either of those things anytime in the near future. If a large number of AP holders and/or tourists stop going to the park and Disney were to determine the cause to be over crowding, then they might be inclined to look into the issue. So, all of the cards are in the hands of the consumer on this one. You can't have an AP, go to the park all the time and also complain about the crowds. Sorry.
              How many times can you go to the parks per yr with your AP before you can complain?
              As part of a Public Service Announcement...
              Guardians Of The Galaxy
              Mission: Breakout
              ...is abbreviated like this
              GOTG M:B
              The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
              That is all. 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by JayRomy View Post

How many times can you go to the parks per yr with your AP before you can complain?
                I think the point is that you don't have any credibility complaining about a problem you actively contribute to on a regular basis. People do, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by amyuilani View Post

I think the point is that you don't have any credibility complaining about a problem you actively contribute to on a regular basis. People do, though.
                  Mais oui.
                  And I was kinda trying to prove a point too.
                  Anyone who steps inside DL: AP, or day ticket, sign in, or free tickets from your local radio station, imo can't really point too many fingers. A warm body taking up space is doing so no matter the form of ticket media.

Now are some ppl more guilty or less guilty based on the number of times per yr? If that's the case we then need a rationing system... the punchcard therory mentioned hundreds of times or a membership system to allow for X number of visits per year.
                  Guardians Of The Galaxy
                  That is all. 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by JayRomy View Post
                    Mais oui.
                    And I was kinda trying to prove a point too.
                    Anyone who steps inside DL: AP, or day ticket, sign in, or free tickets from your local radio station, imo can't really point too many fingers. A warm body taking up space is doing so no matter the form of ticket media.

Now are some ppl more guilty or less guilty based on the number of times per yr? If that's the case we then need a rationing system... the punchcard therory mentioned hundreds of times or a membership system to allow for X number of visits per year.
                    I'm in favor of that - no more APs, punch cards only, paid in full instead of payment plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by amyuilani View Post

I'm in favor of that - no more APs, punch cards only, paid in full instead of payment plans.
                      If I could just get my hands on a hopper that had MUCH longer fuse, I am sure I'd go a bit less. A 4, 5, 6, 8 day hopper that expired 1yr after first use, this would put a dent in the crowd, not a huge dent, but I assume a noticeable one. I say this bc I cant be the only one who wants this. I love my beloved DL, but I dont want to go 10 to 15 times per yr.
                      Last edited by JayRomy; 03-20-2017, 05:54 PM. Reason: Oops.
                      Guardians Of The Galaxy
                      That is all. 😉

Comment

• there is just less sticker shock with payments... sure, save up... LOL... I read an article in a "money" magazine about how the self employed simply do not
                        "save" enough... a simple philosophy for those who don't have a tight budget...

I imagine, discontinuing the payment plan would eliminate some APs, but, you are assuming that cutting the crowds is a goal.. in that case, they could simply limit the number of passes... something they will accomplish by raising the price

at my age... I do payments... just in case...

Comment

• Disney wants the parks busy-crowed!
                          They going get there money regarding payment plans AP's or Admission.
                          That would make sure,that more people will see, Disney brand advertisement and synergy!
                          It just business to them
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• In all of these discussions, nobody has ever provided a clear definition of "over-crowded." It's always just some vague notion tied more to someone's personal comfort than any solid variable or condition we can really discuss. my "crowded" isn't the same as your "crowded." There's no way to reasonably discuss something like this without a proper understanding of the terms in use.

Also, much of this discussion is just pure arrogance. That any of us would know better than the disney company would about this topic. that we can sit here in our armchairs and know what's best to decrease overcrowding with no reliable data and almost total ignorance of what the actual numbers show regarding who spends what and what each demographic's costs and profit potential is.

Honestly, do you REALLY think disneyland hasn't examined this from every angle using carefully collected data? Every purchase made anywhere at the parks besides kiosks comes with poll data about whether the purchase is being made by an AP holder or not. You think they remind APs to use their discounts out of generosity?

They know what's being spent on and where it's being spent. They know who is spending it. They have based their decisions on payment plans and pass levels and acceptable attendance levels on that data.

I'm really not sure any of us have any grounds for discussing this topic with any kind of certainty at all. Y'all don't know. You don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by igomod View Post
                              In all of these discussions, nobody has ever provided a clear definition of "over-crowded." It's always just some vague notion tied more to someone's personal comfort than any solid variable or condition we can really discuss. my "crowded" isn't the same as your "crowded." There's no way to reasonably discuss something like this without a proper understanding of the terms in use.

Also, much of this discussion is just pure arrogance. That any of us would know better than the disney company would about this topic. that we can sit here in our armchairs and know what's best to decrease overcrowding with no reliable data and almost total ignorance of what the actual numbers show regarding who spends what and what each demographic's costs and profit potential is.

Honestly, do you REALLY think disneyland hasn't examined this from every angle using carefully collected data? Every purchase made anywhere at the parks besides kiosks comes with poll data about whether the purchase is being made by an AP holder or not. You think they remind APs to use their discounts out of generosity?

They know what's being spent on and where it's being spent. They know who is spending it. They have based their decisions on payment plans and pass levels and acceptable attendance levels on that data.

I'm really not sure any of us have any grounds for discussing this topic with any kind of certainty at all. Y'all don't know. You don't.
                              The points you bring up have been mentioned in some of the other threads that have covered this topic. I agree with you, and many others do too, that what one considers crowded another will consider manageable. Many of us will agree, though, that when it takes 10 minutes to get up and down Main St. because the crowds are so dense, it's too crowded.

I also agree with you that we are all speculating and don't have actual numbers to back up any of our claims. However, we do have what Disneyland management doesn't, which is real, on-the-ground experience of what it feels like to be in the crowds. Management has the luxury of moving around in backstage areas so that they don't have to deal with the crowds. Even the CMs who need to get to outlying areas to work at their locations for the day can use backstage routes. Guests don't have that luxury. People who solely look and numbers and don't tie in any of the physical or emotional impacts don't have the full picture. Both groups are probably lacking in the information needed to really understand what changes need to be made. Both groups have good information and both should be considered.

Comment

• But they DO know that. Not by walking around, but by looking at that same data we don't have. Are we still showing up and spending money? Has attendance dipped? Boom: emotional impact can be known.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X