Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

I AM Walt Disney, creator of the Disneyland Resort. Ask Me Anything!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM Walt Disney, creator of the Disneyland Resort. Ask Me Anything!

Can you tell I love Reddit AMA's? If Walt were alive today and did a Reddit AMA, what questions about Disneyland would you ask him?

Do you think the Submarine Voyage would have been a different attraction if they had not destroyed the squid from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?

What would you have done differently with Disneyland if you had an extra 60 days to finish it?

Comment

(I love these) How would you improve the current state of the parks?

Comment

If it was Walt Disney today I would probably have to show him WDW and ask him what he would have done differently with the construction of it. For example would he have built attractions in Orlando that were already in Anaheim? How would EPCOT look if he designed it?
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

I would ask him if he's proud of how crowded the parks are year round. Yes, crowds mean money, but he didn't build Disneyland just to make money. He wanted to make magic. And the magic is gone because of the overcrowding.

Comment

I would ask, "your opening day speech is the perfect explanation of what Disneyland means to people. How did you know before the park even opened that what you created would have this effect on the public ?"

Comment

I would ask him how does he like the surounding area outside of Disneyland compared to how it was in the 55-60's.

Would you be willing create another Disneyland in California? Seeing how insanely popular Disneyland is today.

Comment

I would ask him to get off his ectoplasmic butt and do some major haunting of the uninspired beancounters who are running the place. Grab the ghosts of his Gen-1 Imagineers while he's at it, and scare some creativity into those marketeering stiffs!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                  I would ask him to get off his ectoplasmic butt and do some major haunting of the uninspired beancounters who are running the place. Grab the ghosts of his Gen-1 Imagineers while he's at it, and scare some creativity into those marketeering stiffs!

Would you say please at least?

Comment

Honestly, I don't know what I would ask him. He has been gone for over 50 years, so much has happened and change that I wouldn't know where to begin. I am curious to see if he would be disappointed that too many attractions that were around when he was alive are still here. As in, Disneyland didn't change enough throughout the years.

Comment

How did you feel about Eisner's "Disney Decade"?

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                        Honestly, I don't know what I would ask him. He has been gone for over 50 years, so much has happened and change that I wouldn't know where to begin. I am curious to see if he would be disappointed that too many attractions that were around when he was alive are still here. As in, Disneyland didn't change enough throughout the years.
                        Very interesting thought.

Comment

Fans meet every change with great opposition. Knowing that you didn't want Disneyland to be a museum, what is the right way to balance improvements to the Park with the nostalgia Guests desire.

Comment

I would ask him what changes that he'd like to see made to the park, within the next 5-10 years.
                            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by mr wiggins View Post
                              i would ask him to get off his ectoplasmic butt and do some major haunting of the uninspired beancounters who are running the place. Grab the ghosts of his gen-1 imagineers while he's at it, and scare some creativity into those marketeering stiffs!

:d:d:d:d:d:d
                              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                              My company had a special night at the park
                              WdW trip report with WWoHP
                              NYE 2011 trip report
                              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                              Leap year 24 hour report
                              New DCA trip report
                              NYE 2012
                              HKDL trip report

Comment