Any current reports on how Pirates is looking now?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YeaDZNY
    Banned User
    • Apr 2016

Any current reports on how Pirates is looking now?

Just trying to get a sense of how Disney treated Pirates for its 50th. Thanks
  • Hank McCoy
    MiceChatter
    • Apr 2009

My brother and his family are there, have not been able to get in since it is currently down. Waiting to hear updates from them once it re-opens.

Comment

• YeaDZNY
      Banned User
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Hank McCoy View Post
      My brother and his family are there, have not been able to get in since it is currently down. Waiting to hear updates from them once it re-opens.
      bummer ok...isnt that typical for a ride to be down the day it comes back from refurb. Thanks anyways...

Comment

• Hank McCoy
        MiceChatter
        • Apr 2009

Just saw that it is back open, and they are boarding now, so hopefully I will get some kind of update soon

Comment

• Hank McCoy
          MiceChatter
          • Apr 2009

They said it seemed like cannon sounds were louder in the ship vs fort scene, but nothing new popped out at them.

Comment

• Donald1980
            Disney is home
            • Aug 2006

Lots of threads on Pirates re-opening. In case anyone wanted to see the other threads and information, here they are:

I haven't heard a word about it, but I assume one of the greatest rides in the park will have some kinda celebration for it's 50th birthday? The refurb will be done by then... maybe a surprise?

Comment

• YeaDZNY
              Banned User
              • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Hank McCoy View Post
              They said it seemed like cannon sounds were louder in the ship vs fort scene, but nothing new popped out at them.
              Not even a noticable difference in the so called new "Auctioneer anamatranic"?

Comment

• Hank McCoy
                MiceChatter
                • Apr 2009

That was my first question, and they didn't notice it, but they (like me) only go once a year or two, so it wasn't noticeable to them.

Comment

• DLHMFAN
                  MiceChatter
                  • Apr 2015

Too bad they didn't replace Barbossa with the original Pirate ship captain. It would have been great to hear Paul Frees shout "Strike yer colors ya bloomin' cockroaches...."

Comment

• DisneySpaceAce
                    Jedi Master
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
                    Too bad they didn't replace Barbossa with the original Pirate ship captain. It would have been great to hear Paul Frees shout "Strike yer colors ya bloomin' cockroaches...."
                    Well... you can hear it during the fireworks at least.
                    "Have I gone mad?"
                    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

• surfrat
                      New MiceChatter
                      • Jan 2014

Got on this afternoon. Nothing major to report really!

Did notice a red feather scarf hanging off the skeleton pirate's ship helm during the storm scene though.. can't remember if that was there before or not.

edit: also the pirate band was out today along with pirate inspired foods.
                      Last edited by surfrat; 03-16-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• HMF
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jun 2008

I didn't know this until I listened to a soundtrack of Barbossas dialouge but at one point you can hear Paul Frees as the original Captain saying "Take em below" if you listen real closely though it is not explained where the voice is coming from.

Comment

• micromind
                          world class bilge rat
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post

Oh how I love that scene!!!

Comment

• DLHMFAN
                            MiceChatter
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post

Well most of the Paul Frees dialogue anyway. But that pirate was one of the most iconic in the ride and he's gone.

Comment

• DLHMFAN
                              MiceChatter
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by HMF View Post

I didn't know this until I listened to a soundtrack of Barbossas dialouge but at one point you can hear Paul Frees as the original Captain saying "Take em below" if you listen real closely though it is not explained where the voice is coming from.
                              I assumed when they redid the scene back in 2006, all the Paul Frees dialogue was removed entirely. But to Geoffrey Rush's credit, he does pay respects to the Paul Frees dialogue like "Strike yer colors you bloomin' cockroaches..."

Comment

• HMF
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jun 2008

I assumed when they redid the scene back in 2006, all the Paul Frees dialogue was removed entirely. But to Geoffrey Rush's credit, he does pay respects to the Paul Frees dialogue like "Strike yer colors you bloomin' cockroaches..."
                                That's more to Michael Sprout's credit but the Where's Captain Jack Sparrow subplot still makes no sense

Comment

• DLHMFAN
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Apr 2015

That's more to Michael Sprout's credit but the Where's Captain Jack Sparrow subplot still makes no sense
                                  Not to mention the name Captain Jack Sparrow mentioned way more often then is necessary. Once in a while they could have called him "Jack" or "Sparrow".

Comment

• HMF
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jun 2008

Not to mention the name Captain Jack Sparrow mentioned way more often then is necessary. Once in a while they could have called him "Jack" or "Sparrow".
                                    Never mind the fact in the movies, only Jack refers to himself as "Captain" Jack Sparrow.

Comment

• DLHMFAN
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Apr 2015

Never mind the fact in the movies, only Jack refers to himself as "Captain" Jack Sparrow.
                                      Barbossa should be called Captain Pegleg. He lost a leg in Pirates 4 and he'll be hopping around again in Pirates 5.

Comment

• DarthBrett78
                                        Sith Lord Extraordinaire
                                        • Aug 2016

How dare you disregard the great Jack Sparrow like that!! JK Yeah, I never thought of that but now that you mention it, they do keep saying it! Multiple times! LOL Just Jack or Sparrow would have sufficed probably.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X