Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Where are your favorite resting spots?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are your favorite resting spots?

I recently decided this year to go ahead and buy a pass; I'd really been missing the days during college when I would mosey on down to the park whenever I wanted, just to take in the atmosphere and sketch. I'm looking forward to getting as much use out of it as I can despite now having a full-time job.

Obviously there have been changes in the past few years. One thing I always keep an eye out for are nice out-of-the-way corners of the park that don't have crowds but also have some nice atmosphere, where I can take a little bit of time to draw. When I went to the park last week I was bummed to see that the little courtyard in New Orleans Square was blocked off - that was one of the spots I really liked. Some of the other places I used to hang that weren't all that crowded before have gotten pretty noisy. And of course Big Thunder Ranch is now gone forever, which is another bummer because I used to draw all them goats and sheeps in the petting zoo. :3

So I wanted to come on here and ask around. What are some nice tucked-away places with character you like to take a rest at when you go to Disneyland? I'm mostly asking about Disneyland proper, since my go-to drawing spot at DCA is the lobby of the Animation building for obvious reasons.

Lately my spot is inbetween the fantasyland theater and the companion restrooms. It's Tucked away from crowds and when the little quick service restaurant is open you can get a loaded baked potato, relax and people watch.

Comment

I'm reallllllly hesitant to give away this spot more but...

If you don't mind standing for what is probably totally the only spot where you could be alone and people watch, pass the rafts to tom saywer and keep hugging the river, and go right of the chowder food stand. Keep going this way, it may look like a cast member only hallway but it's not. You'll find some private table that are seldom filled, if so it's usually with high school couples, and if you go a little farther you'll have a standing spot that can see both splash mountain on one side and the area where riders exit the splash tunnel on the other.

I like to just watch the riders go down the last drop and try to predict how bad a splash they'll get based on how well they were loaded into the log, I think it's my favorite secret spot in the park. Post a sketch of splash if you go!!!

Comment

Most of these quiet spots have been removed or changed. For example, the Hungry Bear Restaurant most likely will no longer be that quiet place in the corner once Star Wars Land opens up. The Jolly Holiday Bakery patio is a good place to sit down and people watch from the distance.

Comment

Disneyland is tough! Mark Twain until the river re-opens, Pizza Port Back Patio, Small world extended queue area, New Orleans train station until the train re-opens, Main Street train station until the train re-opens.
          For DCA, don't undersell Redwood Creek challenge trail.

Comment

Originally posted by GameNBurger View Post

If you don't mind standing for what is probably totally the only spot where you could be alone and people watch, pass the rafts to tom saywer and keep hugging the river, and go right of the chowder food stand. Keep going this way, it may look like a cast member only hallway but it's not. You'll find some private table that are seldom filled, if so it's usually with high school couples, and if you go a little farther you'll have a standing spot that can see both splash mountain on one side and the area where riders exit the splash tunnel on the other.

I like to just watch the riders go down the last drop and try to predict how bad a splash they'll get based on how well they were loaded into the log, I think it's my favorite secret spot in the park. Post a sketch of splash if you go!!!
            Thread winner on second reply, lol. Nice job.

Comment

On the note of small world, the smoker area that's behind to the left of the turkey leg stand is no longer a smoking are, so those make excellent calmer areas when it's not super crowded! A lot of people still think it's a smoking area Simone's your chance before people figure it out!

Comment

These are all great, thanks! I shall scope them out next time I go and see which one I like the best!

The idea of the train stations during construction is a good one too, I didn't think about that.

Comment

I am not a loner, but i do sometimes like being alone and I have found some nice places to do that yet still be able to people watch or take in the amazing atmosphere. Many spots in disneyland allow you to hang out without getting hassled by CM's but only some fit the bill of quiet/relaxing and interesting view or atmosphere.

I have hung out inside the exit to Pirates near the bayou side for quite a while with no one telling me to leave but it is not truly relaxing since you can't sit.

walk down the exit to indy and stop and sit on the rocks just before you go into the cave. People will constantly be flowing out past you but not as many as you would think. There are so many sights and sounds in that area. I have never had anyone tell me to move, they might if there were more than a few people but not many CM's even walk through there.

I also love standing up at the little bumpout at the very top of the stairs on the treehouse. Not really relaxing in the sense that you cannot sit down but i think it is the best view in the park and although lots of people walk past you can stay as long as you want, i have never seen a CM in the entire walkthrough except just before they close it down for a show.

sitting on the rocks between the exit to pooh and entrance to the candy store, very relaxing.

I have never tried staying in the area for more than two pre shows so i don't know if they would eventually ask you to move along, but the entry area to tiki room is so fun and if you go in early and sit in the far right corner you may be by yourself. Nightime is the best due to the lighting and flames of the surrounding torches.

anywhere on tom sawyers island, just bring some food and water with you and you can stay there forever, there are even 2 different restrooms that most people don't know about(probably the lowest per capita bathrooms in DL).

Hang out on the ramp up to the loading dock to the monorail in tomorrow land, awesome views and very few people.

sit on the elevated benches in front of the main street station looking towards the castle. Never anyone there and a lot going on.

Just get on a train and sit at the far end of a row, you can see most of the park. The only ride in the park where you will never be asked to get off until it closes.

on the upper outer concourse of innoventions, I have stood out there taking in the view(very similar to the monorail ramp). There isn't anything to sit on except the ground but you will be basically by yourself for as long as you want.

Comment

Of course, it all depends on just how crowded it is, but I love the fountain right outside the Haunted Mansion. In that same vicinity, is the French Market Cafe with its wonderful outside seating. I love to sit there and hear the train go by (when it's back up again) and the steam whistle of the Mark Twain.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I hope Tom Sawyer's Island will have the calm quiet parts still once it opens. That was my favorite.

I haven't seen some of my favorite Main Street spots mentioned here

1) The lobby of Great Moments with Mr Lincoln. Usually pretty empty (and indoors!) even during the most crowded of days at Disneyland.
                      2) The Main Street fire house - when the fireman band show isn't going on. Usually also only has a couple people in it.

Comment

Just outside the Tomorrowland train station, but you have to get through the crush to get there! the tables and chairs between the Matterhorn and Tomorrowland Terrace. Snow White's Grotto. On the decks of the Mark Twain. Riding up top on the omnibus or riding behind the horse on the street car. I used to enjoy a few minutes on the benches in the shade on the walkway between BTMRR and Fantasyland, before the Ranch and BBQ.

Comment

I love that place too. I'll go and stand watching the riders on Splash Mountain laughing. It's pretty peaceful back there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixtopher View Post
                            Lately my spot is inbetween the fantasyland theater and the companion restrooms. It's Tucked away from crowds and when the little quick service restaurant is open you can get a loaded baked potato, relax and people watch.
                            Can you still get a baked potato in the park? They no longer sell them at the shack by the river
                            Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

I hang out here fairly often actually. Great spot.
                              -Brian - Find me on Facebook

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X