Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disappointing trip!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GameNBurger View Post
    The closures are inevitable, but one thing I think makes a huge impact on experience is the cast members. I kind of agree that it feels like those cast members that would make the experience solid or give meaningful interaction are the exception the the rule when I go, when I feel it used to be the opposite. I understand the crowds are tough to deal with and I don't really expect them to bend over backwards, but it's hard to even find smiling cast members any more. I still love Disneyland and that won't really ever change for me, but I do wish that the employees didn't remind so much of just walking into a movie theater, a little soul can go a long way for both guests and cast members.
    It's a different environment for Cast Members these days. It used to be guests were happy, respectful and polite, and the CMs would reflect that feeling back to them. But it's not like that anymore. It's always crowded year round and guests take that frustration out on the nearest person with a name tag on.
    You have to keep in mind that Cast Members are no different than everyone else out in the "real world". Yes, they have a reputation among the public as constantly smiling and whistling "zip-a-dee-do-dah" all day. And having a positive, bubbly personality helps get them hired. But we can ALL turn on the charm in an interview.
    But take that happy, smiling Newbie and subject them to 8 hours of rude, arrogant, inconsiderate guests and it breaks them down. Keep in mind they don't go through any sort of "Psychological Bootcamp" during training. It's all peaches and cream and welcome to the magic. What they need is a day of "torture training" to toughen them up, and prepare them for what lies ahead.
    Perfect example was this afternoon. The "no camping policy" before the parade has been abandoned. There was just no way to enforce it when the guests refused to obey. Unless getting kicked out of the park for not complying becomes policy, they simply refuse. Imagine the frustration of a handful of CMs working Main Street trying to do their job and NO ONE listens to them...respects them. Would you be able to maintain a fake smile under those conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

It's a different environment for Cast Members these days. It used to be guests were happy, respectful and polite, and the CMs would reflect that feeling back to them. But it's not like that anymore. It's always crowded year round and guests take that frustration out on the nearest person with a name tag on.
      You have to keep in mind that Cast Members are no different than everyone else out in the "real world". Yes, they have a reputation among the public as constantly smiling and whistling "zip-a-dee-do-dah" all day. And having a positive, bubbly personality helps get them hired. But we can ALL turn on the charm in an interview.
      But take that happy, smiling Newbie and subject them to 8 hours of rude, arrogant, inconsiderate guests and it breaks them down. Keep in mind they don't go through any sort of "Psychological Bootcamp" during training. It's all peaches and cream and welcome to the magic. What they need is a day of "torture training" to toughen them up, and prepare them for what lies ahead.
      Perfect example was this afternoon. The "no camping policy" before the parade has been abandoned. There was just no way to enforce it when the guests refused to obey. Unless getting kicked out of the park for not complying becomes policy, they simply refuse. Imagine the frustration of a handful of CMs working Main Street trying to do their job and NO ONE listens to them...respects them. Would you be able to maintain a fake smile under those conditions?
      Good point, even the movie theater I've worked at trains you how to deal with "difficult" guests, I absolutely surprised nothing like that is put in place. In that case I completely feel for cast members that have to enforce new policy. Maybe not a bootcamp but geez they should be given SOME warning of what to expect.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X