Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Today's random factoid: Hyperspace Mountain is considered canon

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's random factoid: Hyperspace Mountain is considered canon

"The Imagineers consulted with Lucasfilm Story Group to ensure the attraction would fit into the canon timeline and decided to tell the story of the space battle portion of the Battle of Jakku, which also appeared in the novel Lost Starsand the Star Wars Battlefront video game[5]. New starfighter animation and musical arrangements of John Williams tracks were produced for the overlay and the temporary attraction opened November 15th, 2015"

It's a slow day at work today

Hyperspace Mountain is a Star Wars themed seasonal overlay to the Space Mountain roller coaster...
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Sigh, and yet Star Tours is "Legends".

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
      Sigh, and yet Star Tours is "Legends".
      Well to be fair, the original has a THIRD Death Star, so I can see why they don't consider that canon. It's cool that they put their heads together and wanted to use a ride overlay as a way to fit in with the overall story and the Battle of Jakku.
      "Have I gone mad?"
      "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post

Well to be fair, the original has a THIRD Death Star, so I can see why they don't consider that canon. It's cool that they put their heads together and wanted to use a ride overlay as a way to fit in with the overall story and the Battle of Jakku.
        The new one isn't canon either.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
          "The Imagineers consulted with Lucasfilm Story Group to ensure the attraction would fit into the canon timeline and decided to tell the story of the space battle portion of the Battle of Jakku, which also appeared in the novel Lost Starsand the Star Wars Battlefront video game[5]. New starfighter animation and musical arrangements of John Williams tracks were produced for the overlay and the temporary attraction opened November 15th, 2015"

It's a slow day at work today
          November of 15?? This has been going on for 16 months!?!? wooow. Just..wow.
          KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post

November of 15?? This has been going on for 16 months!?!? wooow. Just..wow.
            It's supposedly going to stay til 2019 with the exception of Halloween Time.

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post

It's supposedly going to stay til 2019 with the exception of Halloween Time.
              They shouldn't have called it season of the force. They should've called it "4 years of the force". Horrible.
              KA CHOW

Comment

Star Tours The Adventures Continue definitely can't be canon since we time travel, and definitely because there's that 3rd Death Star. I mean how else can we see Finn on Jakku and then fight over Naboo with N-1 Starfighters? But in the end, I don't really care since the attraction is one of the most fun for me. I'd rather go for all varieties of time periods rather than limiting the ride.

Personally, I'm kinda tired of Hyperspace Mountain even though they did get the projections better than when this overlay started, it still makes the ride too bright inside.

Comment

They shouldn't have called it season of the force. They should've called it "4 years of the force". Horrible.
                  Plot twist a galactic season is four years...

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Optimist View Post

Why do you think Luke was so pissed off at Uncle Owen for making him stay to work on the farm for another season?

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
                      Star Tours The Adventures Continue definitely can't be canon since we time travel, and definitely because there's that 3rd Death Star. I mean how else can we see Finn on Jakku and then fight over Naboo with N-1 Starfighters?
                      ST:TOR (The Original Ride) had a 3rd Death Star not accounted for in the movies, but the Death Star in ST:TAC (The Adventures Continue) is the first Death Star under construction. Without the Season of the Force additions (and hand-waving from Lucas about an Imperial Walkers/Hoth skirmish prior to Empire) there is no time travel in ST:TAC.

Comment

ha! Is it though? Sources darnit!
                        KA CHOW

Comment

ha! Is it though? Sources darnit!
                          I wish, though it would certainly make for a perfect excuse to keep SOTF around.

Comment

Game of Thrones seasons do last years...

Comment

I have been watching Clone Wars, and the existence of Star Tours is canon, since there are Star Tours travel posters in the back of some episodes (albeit in Aurebesh). Just the events of the original Star Tours are now considered Legends (anyone know why?) and I never considered the current Star Tours canon even before the buyout. Regardless of additions from TFA, it's hard to justify it as canon since the ride's whole gimmick is different scenes about the same story (which is why I think the current ride fails).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X