Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Today's random factoid: Hyperspace Mountain is considered canon

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanitorofSHIELD View Post
    I have been watching Clone Wars, and the existence of Star Tours is canon, since there are Star Tours travel posters in the back of some episodes (albeit in Aurebesh). Just the events of the original Star Tours are now considered Legends (anyone know why?) and I never considered the current Star Tours canon even before the buyout. Regardless of additions from TFA, it's hard to justify it as canon since the ride's whole gimmick is different scenes about the same story (which is why I think the current ride fails).
    The existence of Star Tours as a "fictional Airline" in the Star Wars Universe is canon, it's just the present iteration of the attraction isn't. I mean logically speaking how can you call it "canon" when you're going from Naboo to Jakku, basically from Darth Vader's alive to he's dead and somehow resurrected again. It's almost like the Imagineers are mourning the loss of another motion simulator attraction up in at Universal Studios and decided to make the Starspeeder 1000 have "magical" time traveling capabilities....hmm
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by TFN5459 View Post

The existence of Star Tours as a "fictional Airline" in the Star Wars Universe is canon, it's just the present iteration of the attraction isn't. I mean logically speaking how can you call it "canon" when you're going from Naboo to Jakku, basically from Darth Vader's alive to he's dead and somehow resurrected again. It's almost like the Imagineers are mourning the loss of another motion simulator attraction up in at Universal Studios and decided to make the Starspeeder 1000 have "magical" time traveling capabilities....hmm
      It will likely be gone in a few years anyway along with all the other "Legends" Material.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Optimist View Post

I wish, though it would certainly make for a perfect excuse to keep SOTF around.
        Watch in the next film they blatantly have a main character say "one galactic season, which is 4 years on earth (whatever that is), is how long we need to keep hyperspace mountain going to save the galaxy!" Nod to Chapek and Iger
        KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post

ST:TOR (The Original Ride) had a 3rd Death Star not accounted for in the movies, but the Death Star in ST:TAC (The Adventures Continue) is the first Death Star under construction.
          It's a bit strange that the Starspeeder flies into the core of the Death Star during the ride, which we never see as part of the first Death Star but do see in the second Death Star. Maybe it's the second Death Star already under construction since they take a long time to build...

Comment

Originally posted by Gregmh48 View Post
            It's a bit strange that the Starspeeder flies into the core of the Death Star during the ride, which we never see as part of the first Death Star but do see in the second Death Star. Maybe it's the second Death Star already under construction since they take a long time to build...
            Anything I've read has identified it as the first Death Star.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregmh48 View Post

Well, the first Death Star is also complete when we see it as well.
              "Have I gone mad?"
              "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post

Well, the first Death Star is also complete when we see it as well.
                At the end scene of The Revenge of the Sith (I believe), Vader and Tarken are standing on the bridge of a star destroyer, looking upon the incomplete, original Death Star.
                Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

It really doesn't matter, Star Tours Versions 1 and 2 are not canon and thus don't count and within a few years both will be gone and the new rides that actually count will be in Star Wars Land.

Comment

Originally posted by TFN5459 View Post

This is exactly what I mean. We are definitely time traveling. Jakku w/ Finn can't exist if we get the Yoda transmission... Yoda passed away long before Finn took the helm of the Falcon. We can't be stopped by Vader either if we get the Jakku scene as he's supposed to be dead per Return of the Jedi. Hoth and Naboo's scenes can't exist in the same ride either as AT-AT's didn't look like that back with the Star Fighters. etc etc etc.

Do I wish they would have paid more attention to the storylines? Yes. Does it mean I'll never ride? No... I just accept that it's not canon and just a fun ride and would have limited the randomness.

Comment

I just want a Starspeeder 3000 to show up in a movie down the line. We've already had the RX droid made canon thanks to Star Wars Rebels.
                      "Shills and mommy bloggers are ruining my park." - Walt Disney

Comment

The title of this thread is misleading. The factoid has been the same for quite a few days, now. I feel robbed.
                        Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by biggestdisneyfan View Post
                          the title of this thread is misleading. The factoid has been the same for quite a few days, now. I feel robbed.
                          i am the lord of misrule.
                          "Have I gone mad?"
                          "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X