Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

UPGRADE

The forums will be upgraded to the latest software version on 9/26/17 at 9:30pm PDT. The upgrade should only take a few minutes. During the upgrade you might experience errors, but they will go away once the upgrade is completed. This is not the upgrade/move we have been discussing for the past few months. This is just normal, minor maintenance. Thank you.
2 of 3 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
3 of 3 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

time to get rid of the esplanade?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Without the Esplanade, where would the line overspill from either park extend?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Here's an interesting unintended but possibly good consequence: If the esplanade was removed (and distinction between both parks), you could use that as an opportunity to link both park's fast pass systems. This could be an interesting walkway bloat solution.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DLR92 View Post

        "But the issue would be when they build additional parking garage, it going to create a temporary loss of parking."
        That why I think it taking so long. I don't think Disney like to create a situation that going to be way worse, even it temporary. Who want to upset the park guest over loss of parking?

        Are they using the lot on harbor and ball for guest parking?
        The parking I was talking about is finding a new place for Cast Members to park at. Finding new parking isn't easy. Because if it were, then Disney would have bought up new property to replace the lost parking for Pumbaa while they did construction. I still don't know how Disney is going to survive having that parking lot closed while they build the new garage.

        Comment


        • #19
          The esplanade could be cut down smaller and used for something else if they merged the two parks into one big park, which they might as well do, as far as I'm concerned, since we park hop so much anyhow. Right now they need it. When we were there a couple weeks ago, the lines for both parks were so long for entry in the morning that the two lines met. The whole esplanade was full of people.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Pips View Post
            The esplanade could be cut down smaller and used for something else if they merged the two parks into one big park, which they might as well do, as far as I'm concerned, since we park hop so much anyhow. Right now they need it. When we were there a couple weeks ago, the lines for both parks were so long for entry in the morning that the two lines met. The whole esplanade was full of people.
            Disney will never merge the two parks, that's lost money. Disney wants it to require two tickets or a park hopper in order to visit the parks.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post

              Disney will never merge the two parks, that's lost money. Disney wants it to require two tickets or a park hopper in order to visit the parks.
              Totally agree.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Pips View Post

                Totally agree.
                I can't quite remember, but I remember someone saying they almost decided before DCA or maybe it was Westcot that only one ticket would be needed. Can't quite remember, I just remember hearing that it was discussed but eventually they went with the plan for a separate ticket being needed for the new park.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post

                  I can't quite remember, but I remember someone saying they almost decided before DCA or maybe it was Westcot that only one ticket would be needed. Can't quite remember, I just remember hearing that it was discussed but eventually they went with the plan for a separate ticket being needed for the new park.
                  Kind of like Universal in Orlando. You can take the train from one Harry Potter land to the other, but you need a ticket to both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios in order to make the trip. It's kind of funny at DLR, when you consider how close the parks are to one another.

                  Oh, well. It is what it is. I guess the upside is that it allows more different ticket pricing variations, which can benefit those who just want to go to DCA. But keeping on topic here, yep, they better keep the esplanade.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by soggyinsnoqualmie View Post
                    On our last trip, every time we entered i wondered why the esplanade still exists? I understand that, although it seems insane to buy tickets at the booths instead of online(where you save money)..
                    A little off topic but, I know that buying tickets online is certainly convenient, but how exactly does it save you money? Don't the seasonal prices apply to all tickets, whether you buy online or at the booths? You might be thinking of Universal's "EZ Rez" system, which does offer a tiered pricing structure, while buying in person does require you to pay the maximum price (which is something like $120 now), but I don't think it works like that with Disney.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Ya not sure how it saves money buying tickets online, perhaps it should, and half of security has been moved and all will when the new garage is done.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                        The esplanade at times can feel too small when the lines from both parks touch each other. Making it any smaller would only create more chaos. After the new gateway is built, a bunch of land will most likely be taken up for additional DCA space. The land I am talking about is where currently the different busses drop guests off, including where the buses from the Toy Story parking lot drop you off. Disney will never eliminate the esplanade because Disney wants guests to have two separate tickets (or a park hopper ticket that costs more) to enter both parks, and not one.
                        Agreed. I don't think the Esplanade will ever completely disappear. But the project mention by Donald above will eat up some of it in 2 phases (bridge/walkway and northern expanson of DCA). DCA has already bitten off a noticeable chunk 5 yrs ago with entrance and BVS.

                        So bit by bit, parts will disappear, but the two parks will never quite touch.
                        As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                        Guardians Of The Galaxy
                        Mission: Breakout
                        ...is abbreviated like this
                        GOTG M:B
                        The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                        That is all. 😉

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
                          And bring back the old parking lot? Wait, that won't work since DCA and Esplanade still exists.

                          No, the Esplanade is fine and it is needed for ticket booths, walk way to both parks and how atmospheric it is.

                          The place is designed to be the main gateway to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Downtown Disney is also included as an entry and exit to the parks.

                          So, no need to get rid of, it is difficult and creates more problems if it is altered. I am really glad to see that the small securiy checkpoints were removed on the Esplanade and it looks much better than before! More open and clear, you can see the place better than before.

                          It is good that one of the security checkpoints had been moved to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure near the entry to the trams.
                          I didn't know the security checkpoints were gone. Where do they search your belongings/bags/etc?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Beavis View Post

                            I didn't know the security checkpoints were gone. Where do they search your belongings/bags/etc?
                            They were removed and replaced to MnF parking and the outskirts of DTD. So they just increased the size of the security bubble.

                            When LagenFox said "removed" I think he/she was emphasizing the fact the western security lines aren't mucking up the view of the esplanade, removing that over clogged area from the esplanade and allowing for freer movement.
                            Last edited by JayRomy; 03-20-2017, 07:44 AM. Reason: Clarification
                            As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                            Guardians Of The Galaxy
                            Mission: Breakout
                            ...is abbreviated like this
                            GOTG M:B
                            The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                            That is all. 😉

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by JayRomy View Post

                              They were removed and replaced to MnF parking and the outskirts of DTD. So they just increased the size of the security bubble.

                              When LagenFox said "removed" I think he/she was emphasizing the fact the western security lines aren't mucking up the view of the esplanade, removing that over clogged area from the esplanade and allowing for freer movement.
                              So there must still be the checkpoints on the Harbor side of the esplanade I'm guessing.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Beavis View Post

                                So there must still be the checkpoints on the Harbor side of the esplanade I'm guessing.
                                Yes, until the new parking garage is built and they will be moved to there. Similar to Mickey and Friends, but with a permanent and better looking solution.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X