Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

You wonder why Disneyland is so Busy

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You wonder why Disneyland is so Busy

Beauty and the Beast just hit a record breaking $170 million opening weekend. Making it the 7 most successful opening weekend ever, and the most successfully PG movie opening weekend ever.

That means Disney single handedly has 6 of the top 10 opening weekends ever, from just movies in the last few years.

Disneyland is busier than ever because they dominate the entertainment market. Guests want to experience these characters and rides.

Yes most of us have been huge Disney fans since a tale as old as time. However, there is a coralation with the craziness. Most of it started when Disney Acquired more and more movie studios. Most of these acquisitions happened in the last 10 years.

Disney has proven that they were able to make these acquired properties successful with Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars.

They have developed allot of trust in the consumer market, by allowing adults and their kids to experience what they experience as a kid (marvel and star wars, remaking old disney movies into live action movies).

It’s quite interesting to see this unfold like this to say the least. I'm glad Disney is successful. I honestly felt like they had some not so great moments from 95-2003, crowds are never going to go down at this rate.

I just hope Disney starts to expand their infrastructure, especially if they continue to keep making hit after hit, as the fan base will continue to grow and grow. There is someone in every family who likes Disney classics, Disney animation, Pixar, Marvel or star wars. Its just part of our culture now.
    Last edited by BradleyC; 03-19-2017, 12:10 PM.

Need to start building more parking for guests and employees and need to get started on a 3rd park.

Comment

Oh wow. I didn't hear the numbers for BATB but I'm not surprised.

Comment

Yep and this is why most of us around here wanted Star wars and Marvel in a huge third park for itself.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
          Yep and this is why most of us around here wanted Star wars and Marvel in a huge third park for itself.
          Is that really the answer though? If that were the case then shouldn't the crowds have decreased with the opening of DCA? When I was a kid I remember times even during the high season where you could go to Disneyland on like a Tuesday with barely any crowds. That was in the early 90's so APs had definitely existed for a while, but maybe it wasn't as affordable back then. Some other reasons could be: the population has grown, people spend more money and save less than they did 20 years ago, etc.

Although I do agree that they definitely need to expand at some point, and hopefully Star Wars will relieve some of the crowds when it opens, I do also think it's fair to talk about the local AP holders who treat the park like their second home that they can pop by after work or anytime they feel like it.
          I get it, if I lived in the area I would totally have an AP myself, but maybe a few more restrictions or higher prices wouldn't hurt as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DLcub View Post

Is that really the answer though? If that were the case then shouldn't the crowds have decreased with the opening of DCA? When I was a kid I remember times even during the high season where you could go to Disneyland on like a Tuesday with barely any crowds. That was in the early 90's so APs had definitely existed for a while, but maybe it wasn't as affordable back then. Some other reasons could be: the population has grown, people spend more money and save less than they did 20 years ago, etc.

Although I do agree that they definitely need to expand at some point, and hopefully Star Wars will relieve some of the crowds when it opens, I do also think it's fair to talk about the local AP holders who treat the park like their second home that they can pop by after work or anytime they feel like it.
            I get it, if I lived in the area I would totally have an AP myself, but maybe a few more restrictions or higher prices wouldn't hurt as well.
            The only way the crowds will feel lighter when SWL opens is if they declined to increase daily capacity to account for the space SWL creates. They need a bigger container for the same volume, not to top it off because it looks low.

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post

The only way the crowds will feel lighter when SWL opens is if they declined to increase daily capacity to account for the space SWL creates. They need a bigger container for the same volume, not to top it off because it looks low.
              True, but the park almost never reaches maximum capacity and it still feels overcrowded. So after the initial premiere hype, if (!) the crowds go back down to somewhere around where they are now after SWL has opened it will hopefully feel a little less packed.

Comment

True, but the park almost never reaches maximum capacity and it still feels overcrowded. So after the initial premiere hype, if (!) the crowds go back down to somewhere around where they are now after SWL has opened it will hopefully feel a little less packed.
                That could be years, though. If they aren't greenlighting a third park then they need to create at least one more attraction that will hold 7,500-10,000 people between the line and the ride itself. They could take out the subs and the upper part of the Autopia track, or they could remove FLT and part of Toontown. Either way, people need somewhere to go.

Comment

I thought the whole idea of this new SWL was to bring in a whole new demographic of "guests" who weren't too interested in Disney parks before. No? Not so?

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post

That could be years, though. If they aren't greenlighting a third park then they need to create at least one more attraction that will hold 7,500-10,000 people between the line and the ride itself. They could take out the subs and the upper part of the Autopia track, or they could remove FLT and part of Toontown. Either way, people need somewhere to go.
                    Maybe you're right, but regardless of what happens, if they decide to replace FLT, Toowntown, Autopia or the subs with higher capacity attractions like it has been rumored for years, or if they go with a new park entirely, it's going to be years before construction even begins let alone is finished. I doubt that the average Disneyland attendance will rise to permanently equal the combined daily capacity of the two Star Wars attractions once they've been open for a few months, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post

I thought the whole idea of this new SWL was to bring in a whole new demographic of "guests" who weren't too interested in Disney parks before. No? Not so?
                      That could very well be but those people aren't as likely to buy Annual Passports because of it, and it's the AP holders that seem to be the main cause of the crowds lately.

Comment

That could very well be but those people aren't as likely to buy Annual Passports because of it, and it's the AP holders that seem to be the main cause of the crowds lately.
                        Sounds good to me.
                        I just assumed the SW fan base would need their steady fix like everybody else. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post

Which demographic would include people who 1) like Star Wars, 2) don't care much for Disney parks, despite the fact that they've been the only source of Star Wars themed rides, and 3) would like to go to Disney parks when another couple of Star Wars rides are added? I think that there is a pretty big overlap between people who like Star Wars and people who can appreciate Disneyland.
                          Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Also, imo, FOMO generated by social media took off about a decade ago and has pummeled the resort.
                            The recession hit in 2008-ish. Those affluent families that would have gone, to say, Paris stayed closer to home for vacations and entertainment. Those who had less money may have taken advantage of the AP payment system.
                            There's less "DL is for babies" mentality than in the 90s and early 2000s. Ppl are rediscovering DL.
                            It is fashionable to geek out on something, DL seems to be a HUGE hodgepodge of geekdoms.
                            DCA gets better every year.
                            Ppl visit several times more than they used to for all the reasons mentioned in this thread.
                            In the 5th dimension,
                            Jay

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

Which demographic would include people who 1) like Star Wars, 2) don't care much for Disney parks, despite the fact that they've been the only source of Star Wars themed rides, and 3) would like to go to Disney parks when another couple of Star Wars rides are added? I think that there is a pretty big overlap between people who like Star Wars and people who can appreciate Disneyland.
                              That would be good. A have a twenty-something nephew who won't go to DL for love nor money right now, but he's looking forward to SWL. Thought there might be more like him out there. Maybe he's just an outlier.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X