Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

You wonder why Disneyland is so Busy

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLcub View Post

That could very well be but those people aren't as likely to buy Annual Passports because of it, and it's the AP holders that seem to be the main cause of the crowds lately.
    I agreed

But when Star War Land open.....IMO..... the over all Park ,will be pack.
    In fact = we will see a new ball game ,with all AP's and Tickets Admission!

Disneyland attendance will rise,long with the price!
    Last edited by Eagleman; 03-20-2017, 06:45 PM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Disney will surely increase the max capacity when SWL opens. My prediction, they will hit that new larger capacity probably for a couple of months solid. Then you will see for years both SWL attractions with 75min waits on a regular basis like RSR in DCA. My biggest concern is now you have a max capacity maybe 10-15% larger being hit and then the Fantasmic the parades, PTN and fireworks happen and well you think people where bent on crowds before, well now it will be like Time Square on New Years.

On a side... I wonder how does Disney get away with keeping the same current Max Capacity with ROA closed?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackness View Post
        Disney will surely increase the max capacity when SWL opens.
        Well you think people where bent on crowds before, well now it will be like Time Square on New Years.

Or Worst !....LoL ....

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Also wanted to mention regarding the OP. You will notice a clear #2 is emerging and that is Universal. This is actually working into Universals favor as they become the alternative to the popular option. This is how Pepsi ate into Coke's lead and many other brands that simply raced to the number two spot to draft in the wake of the #1 allowing them to gain large swaths of marketshare and customer base.

( noticed as I replied this the below banner ad too funny )
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
            Yep and this is why most of us around here wanted Star wars and Marvel in a huge third park for itself.
            You got that right......
            and Disney still have Big Issue for years with PARKING.......(because Disney put off for so long)

So Disney wanted to Cram ,the two (2) Parks with Star Wars and Marvel !
            I find that Sad
            Last edited by Eagleman; 03-20-2017, 07:07 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Disney will surely increase the max capacity when SWL opens. My prediction, they will hit that new larger capacity probably for a couple of months solid. Then you will see for years both SWL attractions with 75min waits on a regular basis like RSR in DCA. My biggest concern is now you have a max capacity maybe 10-15% larger being hit and then the Fantasmic the parades, PTN and fireworks happen and well you think people where bent on crowds before, well now it will be like Time Square on New Years.

On a side... I wonder how does Disney get away with keeping the same current Max Capacity with ROA closed?
              Do they though??
              And I was under the impression that even tho AFD set the cap, Disney still set theirs a slightly smaller percentage of that. And that AFD was very generous. AAAND... that it is based on sq footage of walkable space, so less about attractions. Someone have hard numbers?
              Last edited by JayRomy; 03-20-2017, 07:58 PM. Reason: Oops
              As part of a Public Service Announcement...
              Guardians Of The Galaxy
              Mission: Breakout
              ...is abbreviated like this
              GOTG M:B
              The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
              That is all. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by DLcub View Post

Is that really the answer though? If that were the case then shouldn't the crowds have decreased with the opening of DCA? When I was a kid I remember times even during the high season where you could go to Disneyland on like a Tuesday with barely any crowds. That was in the early 90's so APs had definitely existed for a while, but maybe it wasn't as affordable back then. Some other reasons could be: the population has grown, people spend more money and save less than they did 20 years ago, etc.

Although I do agree that they definitely need to expand at some point, and hopefully Star Wars will relieve some of the crowds when it opens, I do also think it's fair to talk about the local AP holders who treat the park like their second home that they can pop by after work or anytime they feel like it.
                I get it, if I lived in the area I would totally have an AP myself, but maybe a few more restrictions or higher prices wouldn't hurt as well.
                Oh no defiantly tons of things go into why the pars seem to be more crowded than they really are. I say it that way because the capacity for the actual park hasn't changed that I know of for a while. What has changed is the amount of attractions available to guests. This happens a couple was. One Disney closes attractions and doesn't replace them. Another way is closing attractions early in the even to accommodate firework shows or F! This forces more people into the walkways. Also FPs cause people into the walkways as well. On top of that right now there are a lot of refurbs too which gives the guests even less options. I was merely saying that if they built a third park it would help disperse people. With Star Wars going into DL the demand on the park will be worse than it already is. It really should have went into DCA if they were going to want to space people out. Now if they can get a Marvel area with the immersion they are going for with Star Wars that would help too.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by JayRomy View Post
                  Do they though??
                  And I was under the impression that even tho AFD set the cap, Disney still set theirs a slightly smaller percentage of that. And that AFD was very generous. AAAND... that it is based on sq footage of walkable space, so less about attractions. Someone have hard numbers?
                  Pirate island is a fairly large chunk of walkable space as well as the walkway area between BTM and Fantasyland and BTR BBQ and the petting zoo.

Comment

Originally posted by JayRomy View Post
                    Do they though??
                    It doesn't have to do with sq footage but how many bodies areas can handle at one time. For instance, if you can have a lot of bodies on a ride at one time or see a show in Fantasyland, that allows you to have a higher capacity. This is why I hate fastpass, because if you allowed people to wait in line in the queues, then that means less bodies walking around. Of course Disney does not want this, because they want guests to wander into shops instead. The Indiana Jones queue is the perfect example. It is one of the longest queues in the park, but a good amount of it isn't used.

Comment

But Disney thinks they still need to sell cheap local passes (the 3 day socal park hopper) to fill the parks... Marketing and Operations need to have a pow-wow to understand things. This week is INSANE, and a lot of the issues are an overload of locals on a heavy (spring break) week.

Comment

Pirate island is a fairly large chunk of walkable space as well as the walkway area between BTM and Fantasyland and BTR BBQ and the petting zoo.
                        I agree that's walkable space, but it has always closed at dusk. So I assumed it was never counted by Disney nor AFD.
                        Guardians Of The Galaxy
                        That is all. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post

It doesn't have to do with sq footage but how many bodies areas can handle at one time. For instance, if you can have a lot of bodies on a ride at one time or see a show in Fantasyland, that allows you to have a higher capacity. This is why I hate fastpass, because if you allowed people to wait in line in the queues, then that means less bodies walking around. Of course Disney does not want this, because they want guests to wander into shops instead. The Indiana Jones queue is the perfect example. It is one of the longest queues in the park, but a good amount of it isn't used.
                          See, I cannot attest to either formula. I just don't know. I do know DL has high capacity attractions that go down multiple times per day. I assumed that walkable space was key here since no one was on the ride or in the queue.
                          Guardians Of The Galaxy
                          That is all. 😉

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X