Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

"Mission: BREAKOUT" is really coming along

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mission: BREAKOUT" is really coming along

Photos attached are credited to Andy Castro.

The attraction looks like it will be on time for this upcoming May!

I REALLY WANT ProActiv to sponsor this...

Comment

I know I am probably in the minority on this board, but as more is revealed, I am of the opinion that it actually looks pretty cool. And before I get called mentally ill or blind or any number of other insults that have been hurled at me, let me establish that I do not currently have a DSM V diagnosis and my vision is in fact 20/20 (okay with glasses, but still).

Comment

Can we restrict the snark and negativity to the other GotG threads please? It is really obnoxious to read the same disdain for this in every thread. Can we have at least one thread where those of us who are keeping an open mind and are looking forward to this new attraction can enjoy the progress? Enough already!

Comment

Originally posted by elle317 View Post
          I know I am probably in the minority on this board, but as more is revealed, I am of the opinion that it actually looks pretty cool. And before I get called mentally ill or blind or any number of other insults that have been hurled at me, let me establish that I do not currently have a DSM V diagnosis and my vision is in fact 20/20 (okay with glasses, but still).
          I am right there with you. Each week i like it more and more.

Comment

LOL I do love the hostile framing of the photos to maximize the theming clash agenda's perspective. Pretty amazing that an objective unaltered photograph can be so editorial.

The old tower blended in so well!
            https://twitter.com/WDWRAH/status/843474912610320386
            Attached Files
            Last edited by midvale; 03-19-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elle317 View Post
              I am right there with you. Each week i like it more and more.

Comment

I think I'm only sad they're not committing more. Fill in the tiny fake windows with dry wall atleast, I can't take a look at the new tower without thinking of the old.

Nitpicks aside, I like the color scheme atleast, better than the initial concept art.

For those questioning the blend argument, I've had mixed thoughts. The old tower was a literal dilapidated building, which didn't fit in to say paradise pier or shiny buena vista street, but it was a correct time period building, it believably looked like the style of 20's to 30's vibe that DCA 2.0 (including grisly air field) tried to put out, while colorful microprocessor building does not.

And yet everything I just said is misleading anyways since how do cars and bugs land fit into the 20's or 30's? I think in the end the only weird thing is that buena vista street was just built and committed to, so maybe the old timing feels weird given they just spent time making more of the park 20's or 30's, but again, cars land and bugs land.

Point is is I guess it comes down to preference. Atleast it's colorful!

Comment

REMINDER: I posted this in the other thread, as more photos come out of the new GOTG Ride, lets keep things civil, open minded and not personally attack someone just for the fact they have a different opinion.

Loving Disney Since 2006!
                  Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

Comment

Its still going to take me some time to get use to it I guess but its starting to look really interesting. And yes it looks like its coming along fine. We obviously have no idea what is going on inside but I have a feeling it won't be a problem being ready. The ride system is already in place, all they are really doing is reprogramming it and obviously redoing the interior but thats basically just props being installed.
                    Last edited by Fctiger; 03-20-2017, 02:46 AM.

Comment

They're rushing the rush job. I'm impressed too.
                      This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by midvale View Post
                        LOL I do love the hostile framing of the photos to maximize the theming clash agenda's perspective. Pretty amazing that an objective unaltered photograph can be so editorial.

The old tower blended in so well!
                        https://twitter.com/WDWRAH/status/843474912610320386
                        "The old tower blended in so well!"

Maybe I'm missing your point? Are you saying that the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror didn't blend well with the Carthay Circle Restaurant? I think a Golden Age of Hollywood movie theater building and The Hollywood Tower Hotel looked perfect together, but of course they were supposed to since they were the same coordinating theme. After they covered that same building in tubes, radar dishes, knick-knacks, pipes and gold paint you're saying that it now blends in better with Buena Vista Street/Carthay Circle Restaurant?

Comment

Rode the Monorail today and they still have the recording inviting guests to visit the Tower of Terror which I thought was a pretty amateurish error on Disney's part and I was surprised this late in the process they hadn't edited that segment out?

Comment

I think the building overlay is very distracting. :l

Comment

Originally posted by DLR92 View Post
                              I think the building overlay is very distracting. :l
                              As do I.

Eyesore.
                              "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X