Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

"Mission: BREAKOUT" is really coming along

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Disney Adventure View Post

Whoa, hold on a minute there, The Twilight Zone might just be the greatest show in the history of television. If it's not it's absolutely in the conversation. Rod Serling was a genius and he made a television program that IS genius. Watch them. Or at least read the words of the many, many, many people who have praised the show for what it is: absolutely brilliant.
    Geee ,The Twilight Zone,I still watch the show on . ME-TV !
    Last edited by Eagleman; 03-20-2017, 08:22 PM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Geee ,I still watch the show on the ME-TV !
      AAAND sci-fi Saturday is cool, cuz well, Wonder Woman is on at 8pm PT (my avatar).
      As part of a Public Service Announcement...
      Guardians Of The Galaxy
      Mission: Breakout
      ...is abbreviated like this
      GOTG M:B
      The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
      That is all. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by JayRomy View Post

AAAND sci-fi Saturday is cool, cuz well, Wonder Woman is on at 8pm PT (my avatar).
        Laughing ...YES.....what else to watch on Saturday night ......sci-fi Saturday
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Laughing ...YES.....what else to watch on Saturday night ......sci-fi Saturday
          Star Trek is the cut off for me. After that, my old butt goes to bed.
          is that when they play TZ??? I have my own marathon 2x a yr using Netflix. Glad to hear that TZ is still on tv.
          As part of a Public Service Announcement...
          Guardians Of The Galaxy
          Mission: Breakout
          ...is abbreviated like this
          GOTG M:B
          The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
          That is all. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Adventure View Post

Lame, right? Losing the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror was extremely annoying to me because it was my favorite attraction at the Disneyland Resort. But in fact I really like Marvel and I would have liked to see a brand new E-ticket that was worthy of Marvel in the parks. Not quick. Not easy. Not this.
            I get you. I didn't catch that you were a big fan of the Twilight Zone show before, makes sense you're so passionate about the retheme.

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post
              I still feel it will be "MARVEL STUDIOS" not Marvel land or Guardians Town or something. Marvel Studios lets them have some hollywood theming and some comic book characters.

Cheap? Probably, but there are lots of places I would spend money on the parks before theming and decor. Infrastructure, seats, training, cast member raises.
              So...1940's Hollywood has a modern movie studio that lets you ride on the giant sets that movies don't really use anymore? So we're not helping the Guardians escape, we're just visiting a fictional movie studio??
              Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Unrelated to MB, The Twilight Zone was a great show and will always be a TV classic. It had great writing, good acting and talented directors; plus the show still holds up today for the most part. 95% of shows on tv now days severely lack any of those qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post

So...1940's Hollywood has a modern movie studio that lets you ride on the giant sets that movies don't really use anymore? So we're not helping the Guardians escape, we're just visiting a fictional movie studio??
                  No. Here's a 1940's themed movie set, here is a meet and greet with characters from Marvel movies, here are rides fearuring stories from Marvel movies. Marvel Studios.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post

That doesn't really make sense in the context of a theme park. Would you say 'So, we're not really <doing whatever we're doing in some period-appropriate ride>, we're just visiting a fictional representation of classic Hollywood? If the GoTG ride will exist within a Marvel Studious (I have no idea if that's what it will end up being) land, then it should fit in fine. If Hollywoodland ends up being replaced with such a Marvel Studios land, I think it will be a shame that they went so far to start properly theming and fleshing-out the land, just to make a 90 degree turn and waste all of that effort. But I also think that if they are going to add several Marvel IP-based rides to that area of the park, it would be better for them to exist in a land in which they thematically fit.
                    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

I just fear their idea of the Marvel area is all the same colors they are choosing for the tower. As other have pointed out lets call it TL98 Marvel mashup! I guess someone in Burbank realized their TL98 paint stash was about to expire in 2018 so they needed to use the rest of it.
                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                      My company had a special night at the park
                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                      NYE 2011 trip report
                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                      Leap year 24 hour report
                      New DCA trip report
                      NYE 2012
                      HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

That doesn't really make sense in the context of a theme park.
                        Correct. The environment for Mission: Breakout is going to be an "authentic" fortress of the Collector.

There is no indication that the attraction will express a movie set aesthetic. Whether it be a time period or Marvel studio.
                        "Disneyland is a national treasure, and every student of themed design,
                        or history, or urban planing, or entertainment art needs to see it, and
                        absorb it, and experience it fully" - FoxxFur

Comment

Originally posted by GameNBurger View Post

See what I mean, erases a lot of the flaws. Who really does remember mr. Dingle the Strong. Also, everyone loves maple street, but is rod seriously implying everyone murders eachother if the power goes out? It's great but it has its moments like any show.
                          That still doesn't make any sense. It's not like people are only remembering it from when they first saw it on television in the early 1960's. It has been on TV continuously for over half a century, then available to watch on VHS thirty years ago, then available to watch on disc, and now in our modern world it's available for digital streaming whenever you want. I just watched the entire run again last year, it's very fresh in my mind and it's still as brilliant as ever. It might be even more brilliant now because with The Twilight Zone having been around for over 50 years you can really see how much influence it's had on TV/movies/pop-culture in that time.

Anyway, back to the look of this new attraction:

I love The Twilight Zone and I love things that are Haunted themed, so I loved The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. But if the exterior for TZToT would have had this new look on it originally.........I would have thought it was completely and totally ugly and disappointing.

Will the attraction be as much of a letdown as this exterior? We will soon find out.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

That doesn't really make sense in the context of a theme park. Would you say 'So, we're not really <doing whatever we're doing in some period-appropriate ride>, we're just visiting a fictional representation of classic Hollywood? If the GoTG ride will exist within a Marvel Studious (I have no idea if that's what it will end up being) land, then it should fit in fine. If Hollywoodland ends up being replaced with such a Marvel Studios land, I think it will be a shame that they went so far to start properly theming and fleshing-out the land, just to make a 90 degree turn and waste all of that effort. But I also think that if they are going to add several Marvel IP-based rides to that area of the park, it would be better for them to exist in a land in which they thematically fit.
                            I think so too. Would it be my ideal choice? No, but it lets them have the area make some sort of sense in a less expensive way during the time they are spending billions on Star Wars and Avatar Lands. Honestly Disneyland Resort needs much more in terms of infrastructure like a parking garage for employees, bigger walkways and venues for performances that don't stop foot traffic. Clearly they have tons of demand and visitors right now, so it is time to build out the bones of the parks and not as much with the rides, especially after Star Wars land.

Comment

Originally posted by ivjr View Post

Correct. The environment for Mission: Breakout is going to be an "authentic" fortress of the Collector.

There is no indication that the attraction will express a movie set aesthetic. Whether it be a time period or Marvel studio.
                              It is a ride based on Movie Characters which lets it fit into a Marvel Studios area. "Here ride this from a Marvel movie, here meet Spiderman and Captain America and Black Widow, here learn to draw the Marvel Character of your choice. Marvel Studios.

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post

No. Here's a 1940's themed movie set, here is a meet and greet with characters from Marvel movies, here are rides fearuring stories from Marvel movies. Marvel Studios.
                                So, just a hodgepodge of themes? A movie studio theme where any ride based upon a film or genre works?
                                Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X