Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Why not just get rid of A Bug's Land to put in Marvel Land instead?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no road. I remember always having to walk on stage at that point to get to the Cast cafeteria when I walked back stage.

Comment

I have said this a lot of times but I agree with you. My plan involved removing the bumper cars attraction to open up a bigger walkway to the Marvel area. I would retheme all the kiddie attractions to different Marvel properties but leave them in place. Behind ToT you place a new E ticket and marvel area as well with a D ticket too.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

ABL was a response to the lack of attractions for the smaller ones. What would replace that? Ariel and the Jellyfish? Not sufficient.

I don't think ABL needs to be replaced because it serves its purpose. Marvel doesn't need to take it over.

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
          Because it would make too much sense.
          Hahaha right though
          KA CHOW

Comment

How about get rid of Bugs Land (because its lame) and leave the Marvel crap to Universal Studios :-)
            Im sorry...I can never relate Marvel with Disney (and Im so burned out on all this Super Hero crap)

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post

The only way I see "A Bug's land" leave is via the same way the Tower left. Just glue a new sign to each attraction and say it's from Marvel.
              I remember when everyone was pretty adamant not that long ago TOT was not leaving for GOTG. It was just a silly internet rumor...until it wasn't.

But obviously though I'm not saying ABL is leaving or its on the chopping block. There is no word to anything about it. And said in my OP I don't actually think this would happen. As said its just an idea obviously. That said though its not to say it will never happen. DCA has probably been the most unpredictable theme park development in its time. I never thought TOT would ever leave. It seem as iconic to me as Splash, SM, POTC, Soain, etc is and now thats gone.I don't think a few acres of a kiddy land based on a film no one talks about anymore is sacred land. It may never be touched or it could be bulldozed in a year. We just don't know what the long term thinking is.

But I suspect either way they didn't plop down this huge Marvel eye sore without some major plans. Hoping at the very least the backlot behind it will get used or it will just look very out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Fctiger View Post

I remember when everyone was pretty adamant not that long ago TOT was not leaving for GOTG. It was just a silly internet rumor...until it wasn't.

But obviously though I'm not saying ABL is leaving or its on the chopping block. There is no word to anything about it. And said in my OP I don't actually think this would happen. As said its just an idea obviously. That said though its not to say it will never happen. DCA has probably been the most unpredictable theme park development in its time. I never thought TOT would ever leave. It seem as iconic to me as Splash, SM, POTC, Soain, etc is and now thats gone.I don't think a few acres of a kiddy land based on a film no one talks about anymore is sacred land. It may never be touched or it could be bulldozed in a year. We just don't know what the long term thinking is.

But I suspect either way they didn't plop down this huge Marvel eye sore without some major plans. Hoping at the very least the backlot behind it will get used or it will just look very out of place.
                I didn't say it couldn't happen, however Disney knows they would need to replace what was taken away, a place for that age group, before they were to remove it. That's why I truly believe that place has a better chance of becoming a place for "Ant Man" than it does of getting removed entirely. Which is the reason I said the following quote:

The only way I see "A Bug's land" leave is via the same way the Tower left. Just glue a new sign to each attraction and say it's from Marvel.

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
                  How about get rid of Bugs Land (because its lame) and leave the Marvel crap to Universal Studios :-)
                  Im sorry...I can never relate Marvel with Disney (and Im so burned out on all this Super Hero crap)
                  Marvel is a Disney company, has made $10 billion in revenue just by the movie box office alone in the last 7 years and they are currently putting in an attraction based off a hit film series that both opens in two months. Its not going anywhere. In a decade there will probably be just as many Marvel attractions in Disney parks as there are Pixar.

I really don't mind it personally as long as they find a proper theme or area to put it in. I'm not overly excited about GOTG but I have a feeling its going to be a strong attraction.

Comment

Agreed with others that have stated the need for young kid type rides. It is very easy to look at anything from only your perspective. Of course I would love to have a park full of e ticket rides but as a dad with kids who have visited and only rode things that others hate(Pooh, gadget go coaster, redwood creek, etc.)I have always appreciated the variety of things offered even though they may not be very amusing to a large demographic. i think disney properties would be so much better if all unused or unnecessary space was built up before things got demolished.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                      I would turn all the yellow area (see photo) into Marvel Land. The shed/garage for the Red Car Trolley can be moved to the east of GOTG. That way it can stay in the Hollywood-themed area next to the Hyperion.
                      The majority of the year that parking lot is unused. And those small structures to the south are just trailers which really don't serve a purpose either and can be moved. Imagineering is located in one of them, but I'm sure they prefer to have a nice office in one of the white structures to the east.
                      I like this idea. While I have someone in my house who would be very sad to not have Monsters, Inc. to ride anymore, I think that's the best use of that area. Bug's Land is a nice actual play place with family bathrooms and immersive theming. It's just plain fun. Marvel should definitely have more room and if they are not going to start with a whole new park it should be easier to raze and do construction work on that edge of DCA. Plus, maybe the Monorail could run through a ride building or something. That would be very cool!

Comment

Bugs is just too cute...

a pity "Tomorrow Land" doesn't have the same style and wit
                        or the area around Monsters... I've hope someday that theme-less area would earn a theme... preferably Monstropolis

Comment

Getting rid of Bugsland for Marvel is a bad idea. Bugsland serves a valuable purpose. As a parent, I really appreciate Bugsland because it offers younger guests some fun attractions for them to enjoy during the years that you wait for them to be tall enough to go on the E ticket rides. Also, some guests are just not really into Marvel super heroes. Other guests...some adults, even...want to go on some attractions, but maybe they can't handle stuff like the Mad Tea Party. So a "boring" ride in Bugsland like Heimlich's Chew Chew Train is right up their alley.

I do think that the "It's Tough To Be A Bug" theater should be replaced with something else. But they should keep the rest of Bugsland as is.

The Hollywood back lot is sadly in need of attractions. That would be a good place for Marvel stuff.

Comment

I can't tell you the last time my family actually went to Bugs Land (and we had a 2 year old with us on our last trip). It just has no appeal (unlike ToonTown, which I actually love). I hope Bugs Land's days are numbered, as it is a huge waste of precious real estate. Marvel "land" could easily be developed in such a way as to appeal to all ages (besides the Guardians ride and this alleged roller coaster). It's not like little kids don't love super heros. In fact my 5yo granddaughter and her similarly aged cousins, all are very familiar with and love Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man, etc., but have probably never seen Bugs (though I admit I actually really like that movie).
                            Last edited by elle317; 03-21-2017, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Amazing timing on this article. It mentions the Marvel Land and the potential casualty of "A Bug's Land", http://micechat.com/155827-david-koe...-off-tomorrow/

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                                Amazing timing on this article. It mentions the Marvel Land and the potential casualty of "A Bug's Land", http://micechat.com/155827-david-koe...-off-tomorrow/
                                Good article and thank you for sharing it. I am surprised it has not gotten more reaction. I would imagine the modern tech rehab of Fantasyland and what they could mean would be a big deal. It could be a good thing or it could mean more video displays that many seem to strongly dislike.

I would hope bugs land stays, it is cute and lil kiddies love it and that always come first for me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X