Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

How is MaxpAss supposed to work for little kids (no phone)?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How is MaxpAss supposed to work for little kids (no phone)?

Preparing for a trip with the family at beginning of May and I am not sure that MaxPass will be in effect by then. However does anyone have any idea how MaxPass will connect with a child's AP who doesn't have a cell phone? Currently My kids AP is listed on my Disney account, but not sure if that will connect with the MaxPass system.

I believe there is already functionality where you can add other people to "your family", within the site and the app. So presumably, you'll have the child's ticket associated with your account and in your phone then you manage all applicable tickets there. If other adults or teens have their own phone, they can do it in their phone. Something like that.

Comment

We don't really have enough info on it yet to know how it works. I would expect a press release fairly soon announcing details and dates though since just about every fastpass ride has them installed already

Comment

Agreed it should be announced more soon I noticed yesterday when I went you could see the covered MaxPass Pillars on almost every major attraction. Made me wonder if we see MaxPass on none FP rides? I.E. there is not FP for peterman but would they install a MaxPass entrance to the right of the queue?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo123 View Post
          We don't really have enough info on it yet to know how it works. I would expect a press release fairly soon announcing details and dates though since just about every fastpass ride has them installed already
          Yeah that's my concern is they seem to have the kiosks installed already which means they are close to putting them in play. I'd just hate to be at such a disadvantage in getting an FP and having to wait stand-by on everything.

Comment

Disney had said it was coming later in the year. So if you are going in May I don't think you have anything to worry about. Yet when it starts I can imagine they will let you have it all linked under one phone with the app as long as you have everyone's tickets/aps listed in it and the option for Maxpass paid for on each person's ticket. They also had stated paper FP would still be around as well. So you will have options for FP still either way. As was said though it is still early and the info for questions like this still haven't been given out. So its all a guessing game. I am sure once Disney has it all worked out the details will be on their official blog and the news as well.
            A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

I think it'll be similar to MDE at WDW, where you 'associate' all the tickets and one person in the group 'manages' them. When DH and I went I was the 'manager' and when I chose a FP+ for a ride I was able to select or 'deselect' DH.

So you'll be able to book a MaxPass for all, but if there is someone who wants to do something else, you 'deselect' them and then they (or you) can book a separate MP for them for another ride. We did this for Star Tours as I get motion sickness. I had a FP+ for TSMM.

It really worked well at WDW, I hope MP works as well at DL.
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I have to claim ignorance. Could someone explain MaxPass please? Thanks.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                  I have to claim ignorance. Could someone explain MaxPass please? Thanks.
                  It was announced in the Disney Parks Blog back in January, but I can't seem to find the link to it.. Here an LA Times article about it --> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...111-story.html.

Here's what we kind of know so far:
                  1. Disneyland is NOT doing away with paper FP.

2. Max Pass will cost an "introductory price" of $10/person per day.

3. You do NOT need to buy Max Pass in order to get FP. You can still go up to the regular FP kiosks to get your FP just like before.

4. If you have purchased Max Pass for the day, you CANNOT also get a paper FP. It's 1 or the other.

5. You have to have activated/used your park ticket or AP that day to get into the park in order to use Max Pass.

6. You also have to be physically IN Disneyland or DCA in order to use Max Pass to get a FP. So you won't be able to get a FP for a ride while you are in DTD or still in the parking lot/parking structure.

7. Max Pass also includes Photo Pass pictures for that day.

8. Max Pass will be included with certain APs but they haven't announced which ones.

9. Disneyland has not announced how long the 'introductory' price of $10/day will last.

10. Disneyland has not announced when Max Pass will go live other than "later this year."

11. Disney has installed FP machines at Toy Story in DCA.

12. Disney has also "connected" the Buzz Lightyear FP machines to the rest of the FP system.

13. Disney has also been installing new FP machines at existing FP rides, so a lot of people are speculating that it's in preparation for Max Pass.

14. If you purchase Max Pass, it gets linked to your ticket or AP for that day and you use the Disneyland app on your smart phone in order to get a FP.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                    I think it'll be similar to MDE at WDW, where you 'associate' all the tickets and one person in the group 'manages' them. When DH and I went I was the 'manager' and when I chose a FP+ for a ride I was able to select or 'deselect' DH.

So you'll be able to book a MaxPass for all, but if there is someone who wants to do something else, you 'deselect' them and then they (or you) can book a separate MP for them for another ride. We did this for Star Tours as I get motion sickness. I had a FP+ for TSMM.

It really worked well at WDW, I hope MP works as well at DL.
                    I agree. I'll also add to this. Maxpass will most likely require a Disney account and be logged in to the app (just as you do now to view dining reservations, use photopass, and link APs or purchase tickets to be scanned at the gate) to use, just as you said for MDE at WDW. You will then "link" your party's tickets to the account and manage that way. So one person can manage a party's tickets, or each party member can have their own account and manage tickets and maxpasses on their own. Also, since I think it will be managed through park tickets, even if one person is managing the party and booking passes through their app, you'll still be able to scan your park tickets at the rides instead of it all being done on the phone screen. (The alternative to MagicBands).

Comment

It sounds as though they won't be ready with MaxPass when I go at end of April/start of May. In any event, it will be helpful if one does use MaxPass to have them linked to a single person in a group. It may cause problems for friends that have separate APs/Tix but meet at the park and want to ride together.

Comment

So, with Maxpass, you'll still have to select certain attractions at certain times? Or will you have unlimited attractions at certain times? Or will it be unlimited attractions at any time?
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

So, with Maxpass, you'll still have to select certain attractions at certain times? Or will you have unlimited attractions at certain times? Or will it be unlimited attractions at any time?
                          I am not sure they will let you select a time or just have it flow as the machines do now. This is something that hasn't been said. What was said it is it will work like FP does not, where you can not hold more then one. You can only get a new one once you have used the one or the 2 hour time frame has passed. I am thinking that if its suppose to be like FP still that when picking them off the app it could be similar to just walking to the machine and getting whatever time is showing by the machines. You just instead won't be walking to the machines and would be paying per person to use the Maxpass option.
                          A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

IIRC they've said it'll be exactly like FP, but instead of walking over to a machine and getting a paper pass you'll open an app wherever you are standing, select a ride, and see a MP to click on. You'll be able to select ONE ride for a MP, just like now, with a pre-set return time, just like now, then you'll be 'locked out' of the system until your window opens/two hours.

If you've ever looked at the wait times on the Disneyland app or another 'wait time app' I think it'll look similar with the additional option of 'select this ride'.

So no multiple MPs, no selecting a particular time, no advance reservations like MDE at WDW.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I have on question. And bear with me, it may be really dumb, but I honestly do not know. Is the $10 for one MP or essentially one FP or does the $10 give you the ability to get passes all day long, one at a time of course until the other one expires? I might try it out if it is only $10 a day. For some reason, I thought it was $10 per pass/attraction use.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X