Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Disneyland June 15th and 16th

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland June 15th and 16th

My wife and I are finally returning after over 3 years. The problem is we are going June 15th and 16th (Thursday and Friday). I'm assuming this is during Grad night. What is the situation with that now? Will it be a horrible mess? We are pretty much locked in so there is no changing the date. Is Grad Night still both parks all day for grads? Is there a link to the refurbishment schedule? It doesn't seem to be on the weekly update.

According to mouseplanet, the Grad Nites are:
    • 2017 Grad Nites – May 5, 6, 10, 17, 19, 20, 24, 30, and 31; June 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, 14, 16, and 17.
    Thus you're good on the 15th but may want to check back later for what the Grad Nite expectations are for the 16th.

Comment

The 16th being a Friday will also make it more crowded.

The only way it won't be crowded is if we have a bad heatwave in LA that week. Last year from June 17-20, Disneyland hit 95, 100, 109 and 112 degrees respectively for 4 days straight and the park was a total ghost town Fri-Mon when it would have been normally mobbed by people. So here's hoping we get a heat wave that week.

Comment

don't forget thats the last week for MSEP

Comment

Ah, MSEP. I've not been posting in a while, have to get used to the acronyms. Main Street Electric Light Parade. Got it.

When is the train going to be working? Will Fantasmic be up by then? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
            Ah, MSEP. I've not been posting in a while, have to get used to the acronyms. Main Street Electric Light Parade. Got it.
            Close enough, but I'll still be *that guy* and say that it actually stands for Main Street Electrical Parade.

When is the train going to be working? Will Fantasmic be up by then? Thanks!
            Not likely. Recent rumors I've heard have the DLRR and RoA attractions opening in August or September. If true, that will piss me off (them not having it open for Fant's 25th).
            "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Last few years grad nites included tickets to both parks with the late night live music and dance parties at DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                My wife and I are finally returning after over 3 years. The problem is we are going June 15th and 16th (Thursday and Friday). I'm assuming this is during Grad night. What is the situation with that now? Will it be a horrible mess? We are pretty much locked in so there is no changing the date. Is Grad Night still both parks all day for grads? Is there a link to the refurbishment schedule? It doesn't seem to be on the weekly update.
                Rope drop is still your best bet for avoiding crowds for at least a little while. DL should open at 8 AM those days.

Comment

You "might" have some relief on the 16th because the Southern California and Southern California Select Annual Passes are blocked out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X