Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Balloon sellers; love or hate?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balloon sellers; love or hate?

Every day at the parks, right from rope drop to last ride, the Disneyland street vendors are out in droves. I've always disliked their not-themed at all and rather intrusive (not to mention the whole adding to the crowding bit) carts, and the CM's at the carts often seem rather grumpy. I'd be grumpy if I was a street vendor. What do you think? Are the merch carts amazing and atmospheric or just downright annoying? Have at it guys and gals.

P.S. Just to clarify, I'm not here to rant about the atrocious street vendors. Just giving my opinion. All in fun as they say.
    Last edited by D&M Imagineering; 03-21-2017, 03:33 PM.

Love em on Main street!
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

I don't mind them. I think it create a proper amusement park festive like.

Comment

I hardly even notice them if I'm not interested in buying anything from them.

Comment

I'd probably be annoyed too if every two minutes some teen girl asked to hold the balloons to take a fun one for instagram. I honestly can't believe they're still doing it for people.

Comment

I'll never buy a balloon but I love seeing them on Main Street because to me it adds to the atmosphere. I just wish they would go back to the basic Mickey Mouse head shaped balloons.

Comment

I really like the balloon sellers. It's quite pretty when you look up at the mass of balloons against the sky. It's like a constantly moving & changing sculpture up in the air. On our next trip to Disneyland, I want to buy one and ask the CM to spread some magic around and give it to a child. The balloons are pretty well made...they last for DAYS!

Comment

I love them. I always got a mickey shaped one as a kid every DL visit. I always feel bad when I go on Pirates or IASW and see one way up on the ceiling lol I agree they add to the atmosphere of Main Street and for me, Disneyland wouldn't be quite the same without them.

I think Disneyland is all about providing joy for kids and adults. And kids tend to get a lot of joy out of balloons.

Comment

I love the balloon sellers, but I think the cart vendors (the ones with the spinny, light up toys) look cheap. The carts make me feel like I'm at my sleazy hometown carnival.

Comment

I don't feel the balloons are out of place (the balloons are charming), but I do get frustrated at the crowds around them in the middle of walkway (especially those seeking to simply take a picture "holding" all of the balloons. It is nice that CMs are so gracious about it and the pics are probably cute). Static-like ODVs like the popcorn and churro carts are made to fit the land (and bring so much happiness), but the more mobile carts with the lights are distracting and people bring that distraction on the rides. When I bring any beverage or snack in line, the CM nicely asks me to finish before I get in the ride. I wish they ask that of the people with the light up toys

ShadyTremaine. I love your name.

Comment

I love seeing the balloon sellers, with their massive bundles of balloons. When I think Disneyland I definitely pictures them walking around.
                      Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

I've never really thought much about the balloons. I do find those Mickey-shaped bubble blowers mildly annoying, though.

Comment

I think balloons are a waste of money so I wouldn't buy one, but I love seeing the bouquet of balloons because they're adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyTremaine View Post
                            I love the balloon sellers, but I think the cart vendors (the ones with the spinny, light up toys) look cheap. The carts make me feel like I'm at my sleazy hometown carnival.
                            That is more along the lines of my meaning. I totally agree!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X