Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get a Disneyland Professional Salary job?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a Disneyland Professional Salary job?

Re: How to get a Disneyland Professional Salary job?

I just wanted to say good luck and say how it is going.
    ~Heather~

You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious. :blush:

I am everyone's friend.

Comment

Thank you its kind of struggle trying to get noticed.

Comment

The research indicates that across all industries 66% to 75% of professionals get their jobs because they know someone. The more important that contact is situated, the more likely it is to ease you through the process. On the reverse... less than 20% of professional jobs get their positions by walking in the door and filling out an application without knowing someone inside.

The areas that are not in alignment with those numbers are in entry-level professional-class Government jobs, and applicants in the private sector with extensive resumes and are already known in the profession. (People like Steve Jobs)

Cultivate the contacts and Network Network Network. That gives you the greatest chance. In the professional world, it's not just what you know - it's who you know.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Comment

"All you have to do is sign a little ol' piece of paper..."

Comment

I just want to be a professional MiceChater.
              All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

get Paid to be MiceChater sounds good to me !

Comment

Unfortunately when it comes to Disney, being a CM first is probably the best bet when it comes to networking... and being a Jungle Skip really helps in that area.
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

A manager I used to work for is now at the Travel Co... there are transfer opportunities for internal CMs for that department, as well as for new hires. It will be difficult to come in as a salaried CM in a management role, unless you're super amazing and have a skill they desperately need. Best be for a salaried role would be something in TDA...through "professional staffing".

I recommend doing a little budget tightening and coming in and working your way up... Travel Co, I believe, starts at around $11... but in 6 months, something in TDA (or elsewhere) might open up....

Comment

I would love to take a part time job as a cm but that would almost not be an option. My wife and I are having our first child later in the month and I am supporting my family. I am going to keep knocking and see what comes up. That would be so amazing if being a Jungle Skip would pay all the bills, I would say sign me up today. Or may be a pirates life is for me

Comment

Originally posted by doctortea View Post
                        I would love to take a part time job as a cm but that would almost not be an option. My wife and I are having our first child later in the month and I am supporting my family. I am going to keep knocking and see what comes up. That would be so amazing if being a Jungle Skip would pay all the bills, I would say sign me up today. Or may be a pirates life is for me
                        You could also get your foot in the door by working a as an "SS" status CM (Saturday/Sunday only).

Comment

From your comments, I am assuming you are looking for an entry-level salaried job. If you post your academic and basic work experience (no need to provide confidential info) for instance, "BS in Economics and two years as business analyst", that can help us give you direction.

Basically, if you want a salaried role in a function, apply with their corporate staffing group with a resume. Very few of these types of jobs come from "networking" - they come from your background aligning with the current needs of a specific position. Becoming an hourly front-line worker does not have a relevance to getting a corporate salaried role - people come in from the outside every day in these types of jobs through retained and contingency recruiters so being from the inside is not needed. Your directly related experience and background is the most important factor.

Comment

get Paid to be MiceChater sounds good to me !
                            Someone please inform me when that position opens....
                            -Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                              Unfortunately when it comes to Disney, being a CM first is probably the best bet when it comes to networking... and being a Jungle Skip really helps in that area.
                              I've known some amazing jungle skips with great people skills who made it to a certain point and then finally left due to the politics that emerge after awhile....(as in any company.)

That being said, I have to wonder if the two or three folks that were at our campus last week were full time from human resources. They really pulled out the stops this year with full sized banners at two or three locations across the campus, table placards in the Campus Carls Jr, and a booth right in the middle of the quad area. You couldn't turn around without seeing that Disney was recruiting. Networking is a great idea, but I think the other part of it will be patience. If that door doesn't open up right away, are you willing to hang around working at that hourly rate until it does?

Comment

Once after completing grad school and working in the computer field I applied at the Disney office in Burbank, Ca. After several interviews I was offered a position in the company. I actually didn't take the position because of financial reasons. Bottom line was the salary being offered was sort of low. I'm all for Disney but I needed to pay off some school loans and then some. I think Disney figures there's 100 other applicants willing to accept their salary, but I wasn't one of them. good luck!

Comment

Trust me, I am right there in line waiting to work in professional salary ranks within Disney. I am so devoted, I hope one day I will end up in a position other than just park CM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCACM View Post
                                    A manager I used to work for is now at the Travel Co... there are transfer opportunities for internal CMs for that department, as well as for new hires. It will be difficult to come in as a salaried CM in a management role, unless you're super amazing and have a skill they desperately need. Best be for a salaried role would be something in TDA...through "professional staffing".

I recommend doing a little budget tightening and coming in and working your way up... Travel Co, I believe, starts at around $11... but in 6 months, something in TDA (or elsewhere) might open up....
                                    this is your best bet. Unless you have an amazing resume that fits the exact need, you're not likely to get a management position. The job market is very tough and you need to be patient as Disney is a company many people want to get involved with careerwise, myself included.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X