• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NOS "land" conspiracy revealed!

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
    Absolutely! :mob:

No, I'm kidding. ...

* The mere fact that New Orleans Square and Frontierland represent very different real-world physical locations is not enough to justify them being different lands--consider the various locales represented in Adventureland, for instance. The difference here, however, is that NOS maintains a completely different design philosophy than Frontierland itself, whereas Adventureland attempts to unify the various locales into one generalization.

* Whether or not NOS is its own land really has ZERO impact on 99.93885% of Disneyland's demographic. It's where you go to see Johnny Depp, right?

So perhaps we can all just agree on this: NOS is officially its own land at the moment, though it and Frontierland can be vaguely grouped together along with Critter Country under the western halfish-quadrantish part of Disneyland, which is a "cardinal realm" devoted to American history in its various incarnations.
    Ha! If you can get PI to compromise on this or any other topic I'll buy you a drink at the next MiceChat meet.

Comment

Ha! If you can get PI to compromise on this or any other topic I'll buy you a drink at the next MiceChat meet.
      :lol:

And how does critter country get to be the only Country, and is being a Country better than being a Realm?
      Only if the critters are cardinal...

Comment

What on earth happened to the time traveling Haunted Mansion fans and/or crab people? I honestly think this is the first thread to be derailed from BS to serious.

On that serious note, the Magic Kingdom concept just makes more sense with the four lands. I think that intent is quite evident with Disneyland Paris, which is predated by New Orleans Square, Liberty Square, Bear/Critter Country, and Mickey's ToonTown. (Mickey's ToonTown Fair doesn't even get a mention because it is that bad.)

All of the hardcore Disney theme police need to go to Disneyland Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
          What on earth happened to the time traveling Haunted Mansion fans and/or crab people? I honestly think this is the first thread to be derailed from BS to serious.

Swab asked us to be serious for awhile, so we were/are. Why, did you see the crab people lurking around again?
          Originally posted by SummerInFL
          Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
          Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

:lol: Strange, but true!

On that serious note, the Magic Kingdom concept just makes more sense with the four lands.
            I get where you're coming from. There's a nice simplicity to the idea of there just being four major lands; it appeals to part of me quite strongly. BUT--fewer lands means less thematic variety. NOS simply does not fit in with the original concept of Frontierland, yet no sane person would argue it doesn't belong in DL.

Comment

Originally posted by mousechild View Post
              Swab asked us to be serious for awhile, so we were/are. Why, did you see the crab people lurking around again?
              Why are we listening to him? It's my thread.

BUT--fewer lands means less thematic variety.
              The titles are very broad. The only added-land attraction that I can think of that feels misplaced in any land is Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom, and that is more a style/design issue.

NOS simply does not fit in with the original concept of Frontierland, yet no sane person would argue it doesn't belong in DL.
              I would only say if you take the Westernland approach to Frontierland. The American frontier was more than just places like Tombstone.

Comment

If you think New Orleans Square is it's own "land" then you're just a bad parent. Next thing you know you'll be pushing your Hummer sized stroller full of bratty kids in flashing necklaces into my ankles as you rudely cut in front of me at the churro cart. That's the kind of uncivilized behavior that this type of "land" redistribution leads to. After all, its not called "New Orleans Squareland" is it? Huh?
                Last edited by BigThunder; 11-14-2007, 07:55 PM. Reason: Thread needed to return to sillyness
                Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

It's terrible, isn't it? I was much enjoying the crap people discussion.

To get this back on topic, my inside sources (compromised entirely of my own imagination) have told me that HKDL, in an attempt to keep the nonconformity alive, is planning on building a crab-inspired HM to be located in Mickey's Toontown.

Comment

If you think New Orleans Square is it's own "land" then you're just a bad parent. Next thing you know you'll be pushing your Hummer sized stroller full of bratty kids in flashing necklaces into my ankles as you rudely cut in front of me at the churro cart. That's the kind of uncivilized behavior that this type of "land" redistribution leads to. After all, its not called "New Orleans Squareland" is it? Huh?
                    Right you are! ::repents::

Comment

Why are we listening to him? It's my thread.
                      Who else is gonna save you from the Crab People? CAdventurer?! Chad and Mousechild (I personally think they may Crab People themselves)?! Face it, I am your only hope.
                      Now, we're gonna need a lot of white wine sauce; and somebody better start boiling some water.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                        Who else is gonna save you from the Crab People? CAdventurer?! Chad and Mousechild (I personally think they may Crab People themselves)?! Face it, I am your only hope.
                        Now, we're gonna need a lot of white wine sauce; and somebody better start boiling some water.

Crabby yes! Crab person? Never!

Comment

This discussion is so much more worthwhile than most of the other threads on the board right now. )

Comment

This discussion is so much more worthwhile than most of the other threads on the board right now. )
                            Well this is really the only thread that is realistic. Prag ist trying to sell people burial plans in one thread, while in another a bunch of people are trying to blame Disney for America's weight problem. We on the other hand bask in our powerlessness in making any changes to how Disney is run, except for solving the crab people problem, which for some reason Disney corporate will not even acknowledge. I need a churro and a flashing necklace, and since I'm tired either a stroller of EV.
                            Originally posted by SummerInFL
                            Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                            Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                              Prag could argue them to death, saying they're actually lobster people instead...haha
                              There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                              -Dr. Strange

Comment

Well this is really the only thread that is realistic. Prag ist trying to sell people burial plans in one thread, while in another a bunch of people are trying to blame Disney for America's weight problem. We on the other hand bask in our powerlessness in making any changes to how Disney is run, except for solving the crab people problem, which for some reason Disney corporate will not even acknowledge. I need a churro and a flashing necklace, and since I'm tired either a stroller of EV.
                                Exactly! And then on top of that, there's that one guy who's so insanely obsessed that he's trying to experience the place in 3D on his computer, and he actually thinks other people care...what a moron...

Comment

Exactly! And then on top of that, there's that one guy who's so insanely obsessed that he's trying to experience the place in 3D on his computer, and he actually thinks other people care...what a moron...
                                  Real world 3d looks so grainy and distorted, why go to a fuzzy looking real disneyland when you can look at a state of the art 3d top line graphical computer generated disneyland!
                                  There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                                  -Dr. Strange

Comment

What's a crab person, and how did I get accused of being one?

Are we talking dungeness or the kind you get from hookers? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                                      What's a crab person, and how did I get accused of being one?
                                      http://content.answers.com/main/cont...ab_people2.jpg

I think they're sort of like frogs, but KNOW when they are in boiling water.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                                        Are we talking dungeness or the kind you get from hookers? :lol:
                                        And to link hookers back to the subject of New Orleans Square...there are 3 hookers up on the balcony of Club 33 in this Herb Ryman painting:

Comment

• Re: NOS "land" conspiracy revealed!

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                                          And to link hookers back to the subject of New Orleans Square...there are 3 hookers up on the balcony of Club 33 in this Herb Ryman painting:

There are also three crab people. And two nuns.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X