Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] New Pathway Shortcuts?

This is just a fun thread to suggest any potential pathway changes you would like to see. Sometimes, because of how buildings or access roads are placed, we have to follow some extremely inconvenient pathways to get where we want to go. Obviously this is a small complaint, but I just thought it would be fun if we tossed around some ideas. The sky is the limit!

Below is a drawing on a map of a corridor I would like to see in DCA:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	8501620
    The red outline is the pathway we have to take to get to Pacific Wharf from Cars Land. The yellow outline is the pathway I would like to take.

How about you?

So you want to connect Cars Land to the Pier via the Wharf, or behind the Wharf?

Comment

I find DCA's pathways wide enough. DL's bottlenecks are what needs widening.
      My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Great suggestion imo. I've never been a big fan of that turn right there and that would fix my issues. The only one I can think of for Disneyland would be from Critter Country to Star Wars land but I think we're getting that. Maybe Toon Town to Star Wars land. For DCA, this doesn't really work now that it's Mission Breakout, but a pathway from Hollywood Blvd straight to Tower of Terror would really make it easier to access the ride as well as build it up as you get closer and create an ambience.

Name:	17690595_407142516322518_1046980417_n.png?oh=5859607c808fa88074deaff647b09214&oe=58E00DED.png
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	8501625

Comment

it's a good idea, but it couldn't be a just a pathway. it would have to be an elevated walkway that comes down to grade level. the existing pier walkway is raised there to let the coaster run underneath.

Comment

I think you mean 'The red outline is the pathway we have to take to get to Paradise Peer from Cars Land.' The path in red cuts straight through Pacific Wharf. I've also thought that there should be a shortcut where you suggest, but the problem is that it cuts through critical backstage area.
            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
              I think you mean The red outline is the pathway we have to take to get to Paradise Peer from Cars Land.' The path in red cuts straight through Pacific Wharf. I've also thought that there should be a shortcut where you suggest, but the problem is that it cuts through critical backstage area.
              How critical really is that backstage? If I'm not mistaken, isn't that giant building just for parade floats?

Comment

Great thread, and I know this is all just for fun and most thinking comes from wishful thinking vs it could happen, but sometimes backstage roads and areas are a necessity and cannot always be taken out. Of course, never say never because before Star Wars land, it was unthinkable to remove all of the backstage that was taken out for the new land.

For me, I have always wished for a way to connect the area near Space Mountain to Town Sq. I always hated knowing how much quicker and easier it was to cut backstage from that point to get back to the exit. Again, I know it's wishful thinking and I can think of every reason why this can't happen, but it's nice to dream.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	mainstreet.jpg Views:	1 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	8501634
                Last edited by Donald1980; 03-30-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
                  Great suggestion imo. I've never been a big fan of that turn right there and that would fix my issues. The only one I can think of for Disneyland would be from Critter Country to Star Wars land but I think we're getting that. Maybe Toon Town to Star Wars land. For DCA, this doesn't really work now that it's Mission Breakout, but a pathway from Hollywood Blvd straight to Tower of Terror would really make it easier to access the ride as well as build it up as you get closer and create an ambience.

Name:	17690595_407142516322518_1046980417_n.png?oh=5859607c808fa88074deaff647b09214&oe=58E00DED.png
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	8501625
                  The path from Critter Country to Star Wars land is not only confirmed but there have been numerous videos journaling the progress of it's construction. It will run between the Hungry Bear restaurant and the newly oriented Rivers of America.
                  Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post
                    So you want to connect Cars Land to the Pier via the Wharf, or behind the Wharf?
                    Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
                    I think you mean The red outline is the pathway we have to take to get to Paradise Peer from Cars Land.' The path in red cuts straight through Pacific Wharf. I've also thought that there should be a shortcut where you suggest, but the problem is that it cuts through critical backstage area.
                    Yes, my mistake. I meant to say this is the path I take to get from Paradise Pier through Pacific Wharf to Cars Land.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	17690595_407142516322518_1046980417_n.png?oh=5859607c808fa88074deaff647b09214&oe=58E00DED.png Views:	1 Size:	122.3 KB ID:	8501625
                      I see what you're saying. I'm not sure if you've had the chance to visit (or just see pictures of) Disney Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World, but ToT looms over the boulevard and I think it looks great. See an old photo below:

Name:	Sunset%20Boulevard%20photo%28c%29Disney.jpg
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	8501640

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                        Great thread, and I know this is all just for fun and most thinking comes from wishful thinking vs it could happen, but sometimes backstage roads and areas are a necessity and cannot always be taken out. Of course, never say never because before Star Wars land, it was unthinkable to remove all of the backstage that was taken out for the new land.

For me, I have always wished for a way to connect the area near Space Mountain to Town Sq. I always hated knowing how much quicker and easier it was to cut backstage from that point to get back to the exit. Again, I know it's wishful thinking and I can think of every reason why this can't happen, but it's nice to dream.
                        Click image for larger version Name:	mainstreet.jpg Views:	1 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	8501634
                        This would be a gift from the Gods to people who are trying to avoid any kind of parade or firework traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

I see what you're saying. I'm not sure if you've had the chance to visit (or just see pictures of) Disney Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World, but ToT looms over the boulevard and I think it looks great. See an old photo below:

Name:	Sunset%20Boulevard%20photo%28c%29Disney.jpg
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	8501640
                          Exactly what I was thinking of. It'd only be half the length, which would be unfortunate, but it'd still do the overall same job.

Comment

Originally posted by Nettenutt03 View Post

This would be a gift from the Gods to people who are trying to avoid any kind of parade or firework traffic.
                            Indeed. The irony is that it would take you straight through the parade storage area! Haha

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X