X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Tron light cycle ride might be coming to Disneyland in Tomorrowland

How cool would THIS be?

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/04/rumor-...ld-disneyland/

I'd love for the Tron lightcycle to come to Disneyland, or for Tomorrowland to follow a Tron theme. Given that Disney is rebooting Tron with Jared Leto, it's coming back at some point. Since Star Wars is getting its own land, it doesn't make sense to theme Tomorrowland to that franchise anymore. Marvel is going to DCA, so that doesn't belong in Tomorrowland either.

Tron is a popular, futuristic, and viable option.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I hardly think that the Innoventions building is big enough to house the entire ride. Maybe they'll finally use at least some, if not all, of the PeopleMover tracks for this? I don't know, I'm just making a guess.
      My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
      2. Pirates of the Caribbean
      3. Splash Mountain
      4. Mad Tea Party
      5. Peter Pan's Flight
      6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
        I hardly think that the Innoventions building is big enough to house the entire ride. Maybe they'll finally use at least some, if not all, of the PeopleMover tracks for this? I don't know, I'm just making a guess.
        That would make the most sense. It wouldn't necessarily have to be as grand as the one in Shanghai, either. I'm sure adjustments could be made to fit whatever space is available to them.

Comment

I'm thinking they would take out Autopia and Inventions to accommodate the new coaster.
          sigpic
          "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Reeder View Post

I'm thinking they would take out Autopia and Inventions to accommodate the new coaster.
            Or they go the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey route, where the track is smaller and shorter, but when mixed with 3D and 4D elements, seems much grander. It is possible to do something more like that in the Innoventions building.

Comment

I'm calling my shot now... this is going to end up being the Marvel coaster in DCA. The budget-wise option is the one chosen more often than not.

Nothing new in Tomorrowland until they finish a "Once and For All" mass renovation in another 10ish years.

Comment

It will be a part of Phase 2 for Marvel Land. Same ride concept different theme

Comment

Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post
                  I'm calling my shot now... this is going to end up being the Marvel coaster in DCA. The budget-wise option is the one chosen more often than not.

Nothing new in Tomorrowland until they finish a "Once and For All" mass renovation in another 10ish years.
                  Out of curiosity, wouldn't the launch coaster be the budget-wise option considering its an off the shelf ride?

Comment

Originally posted by Reeder View Post

I wouldn't be heartbroken if Autopia's size was reduced, or if it was axed altogether. I don't think Disney has the guts to do it, though.

Comment

I'm all for it - I'm all for just about anything "futuristic" coming to Tomorrowland. This could be the ride that Rocket Rods was supposed to be.

Hopefully it comes with a major overhaul to Tomorrowland. If they could do everything at once the ride could be integrated better into the land - bulldoze it all (except for Space Mountain).

Comment

I could see them using some of the PM track area for this and putting the Tron tracks above the existing PM tracks and then using the PM tracks as the OSHA mandated escape path along the track line. You wouldn't really notice it during the ride and looking up from below or in the distance it would simply appear as if the ride was hovering over the PM tracks. They could build the additional support into and around the PM tracks so the issue of stress on the concrete that RR caused would be avoided.

Remove Star Tours and a portion and queue could be built into that area and invention could be used for a more elaborate ride section where it makes some high speed turns etc. If you had a Tomorrowland with a Tron coaster, SM, Buzz, Autopia and the Subs plus the Rockets it really does paint a pretty ride packed land with very little wasted pace which is the primary issue now. It's so crowded but the structures are seemingly under used. ( And they really do need to get the rocket back up above and remove the worst bottle neck in the park having then where they are now. )

That being said this will probably end up in DCA as a Captain America Cycle ride and Star Tours will be cannibalized into an Iron Man attraction for DCA Marvelland around GotG. Then TL will lay half vacant as they pull out all the SW attractions and let it stew while all the other parks get upgrades and they learn to deal with the new found crowds that SWL will bring. TL will become even more the orphan.

Comment

Originally posted by thedustycoyote View Post
                          I'm all for it - I'm all for just about anything "futuristic" coming to Tomorrowland. This could be the ride that Rocket Rods was supposed to be.
                          Agree 100%

Comment

The problem with that is the track is not ADA compliant, which is why the I think Disney has been reluctant to put anything up there. That coupled with the fact that the Observatron structure is not structurally resistant to a large Earthquake, but I can see where the Tron ride uses part of the indoor track that's existing.
                            "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                            "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

My question is, would you all be surprised if they used the innoventions AND space mountain building for this? As in, no more space mountain? Though the idea of a Tron coaster sounds great and got me excited! I can't help but feel something will have to suffer because of it. Would be a fantastic idea to mix it in innoventions, and the rocket rods track, like they should've done years ago!
                              KA CHOW

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X