Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

What would You do to ToonTown Station and the Fantasyland Theatre?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] What would You do to ToonTown Station and the Fantasyland Theatre?

    Disclaimer: this is NOT a thread about ToonTown. This is to discuss ToonTown Station and the area around it.
    Now I begin. Personally, I think that the little corner with the Theatre and the railroad station is very poorly themed and out of place. For one, ToonTown Station is not at all inside ToonTown and doesn't even have views of it. Secondly, the theatre causes theming issues not only in the immediate vicinity but also from the other lands.
    Although I have no objections to a showplace or a railroad station, but simply with the location. I would propose removal of the railroad station as a whole, placing an entirely new train stop inside of Frontierland and directly above the east gateway to SWL. Also, I would remove the theatre and possibly build a new one on the north side of the tracks between IASW and the DLRR roundhouse. Both of these decisions would open up the area for future development (whatever that might be).

  • #2
    1: I agree that the theme may seem out of place, but I think re theming the TT station is all that is needed.
    2: You can't put a theater between IASW and DLRR because of the Parade Route.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bulldoze ToonTown, rename TT station back to Fantasyland station, Bulldoze the theater, use former TT area and theater area for fantasyland expansion.
      "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MSmoovepi27 View Post
        1: I agree that the theme may seem out of place, but I think re theming the TT station is all that is needed.
        2: You can't put a theater between IASW and DLRR because of the Parade Route.
        I agree with your first statement, but if you're going blue-sky, dream big! Secondly, I specifically stated "the north side of the tracks", thus referencing on the opposite side of the tracks from the parade route.

        Comment


        • #5
          I would convert it back to Fantasyland Station and rebuild the theater to encorporate a stage that backed to the rivers and have Fantasia be done in that section so NOS would not be ruined on show evenings and those wishing to enjoy the show could do so without the desperation of finding a spot to see the show.

          Comment


          • #6
            I would have taken advantage of the huge construction zone for Star Wars land and moved the station. I would have built a new station somewhere between the new Star Wars fantasyland entrance and the existing station. This new station would have been returned to frontierland station. Seems odd that a land where the steam train fits the best doesn't have a station.

            once that was done I would have built a more suitable enclosed theater outside the Berm. If space was needed I would remove part of the western side of toontown which would be Donald's boat, chip and dales treehouse and the gadget go coaster. I have other plans for the small coaster. The entrance to the new theater would have been inside the Berm with a long tunnel going under the elevated tracks that would also serve as queue.
            next demolish the old theater and add a fantasyland extension that would also have a connecting path to frontierland finally removing another dead end to the park.
            perfect place for the Beauty and the beast expansion people have been talking about because the transition to frontierland could have been themed to a highly landscaped forest.

            Last edited by Baloo; 04-10-2017, 07:45 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Blackness View Post
              I would convert it back to Fantasyland Station and rebuild the theater to encorporate a stage that backed to the rivers and have Fantasia be done in that section so NOS would not be ruined on show evenings and those wishing to enjoy the show could do so without the desperation of finding a spot to see the show.
              I would love a new Fantasyland Station. That idea is completely impossible. Look it up on Google maps, it just doesn't work that way.

              Comment


              • #8
                Change the name back to FL station. Retheme the station and theater to a more medieval look that matches the castle with bricks and turrets and what not.
                In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                  I would have taken advantage of the huge construction zone for Star Wars land and moved the station. I would have built a new station somewhere between the new Star Wars fantasyland entrance and the existing station. This new station would have been returned to frontierland station. Seems odd that a land where the steam train fits the best doesn't have a station.

                  once that was done I would have built a more suitable enclosed theater outside the Berm. If space was needed I would remove part of the western side of toontown which would be Donald's boat, chip and dales treehouse and the gadget go coaster. I have other plans for the small coaster. The entrance to the new theater would have been inside the Berm with a long tunnel going under the elevated tracks that would also serve as queue.
                  next demolish the old theater and add a fantasyland extension that would also have a connecting path to frontierland finally removing another dead end to the park.
                  perfect place for the Beauty and the beast expansion people have been talking about because the transition to frontierland could have been themed to a highly landscaped forest.
                  Well, there IS a station which is claimed by Frontierland. Click image for larger version

Name:	NOS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	8503604
                  Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Convert it to Fantasyland, no question about it. Paris' Fantasyland station is beautiful, I wouldn't mind them recreating that here. Or, if the Frozen expansion rumors are true, a Norwegian inspired station could be nice.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A few new Fantasyland dark rides could fit in the footprint of the theater if done multilevel. Retheme the train station to match the new rides.
                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        To ask what to do with the station without changing toontown...is pointless

                        In my Ideal version of what they do with Toontown

                        1) Roger Rabbit moves to Hollywoodland or gets a little rethemed to fit Fantasyland
                        2) Build a New Theater in Toontown
                        3) Build Beasts Caste and the Ugly Duckingling there with some new shops and little experiences too (maybe like a tangled walk through attraction like Sleeping beauty castle)

                        Then in the the old Motor boat Cruise area/the Autoipa side build a new water front that has a small resturant on the water and a Frozen ride

                        Finally the Station I'd use a similar style as the new frozen section and call it the Fantasyland section

                        Here are some pictures of what style for the Frozen/train station I'd like
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	CDqaW9ZWAAAvO-7.png
Views:	1
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	8503621
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	frozen-ever-after.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	8503622
                        Happy Halloween!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I would change it to Fantasyland Station, retheme the station to match Fantasyland. That theatre would be torn out for one good restaurant (Fantasyland desperately needs more food choices) and one decent sized attraction ala Mine Train style? I'm not really sure but I think Fantasyland needs a thrill ride that doesn't destroy backs and knees.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If ToonTown does get scrapped, I would like Disney to reroute the train once again to go around what is ToonTown now so you can use all that space as one place vs having to have split into two spaces.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by D&M Imagineering View Post

                              I would love a new Fantasyland Station. That idea is completely impossible. Look it up on Google maps, it just doesn't work that way.
                              I think you misunderstood me. When I said convert I didn't mean to move it back to where FL depot was I simply meant re-theming it back to FL as it is more in FL then it is TT.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X