Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Local Scenery that Reminds you of Disneyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Local Scenery that Reminds you of Disneyland

Admit it.. there is somewhere nearby, wherever you live, that reminds you of Disneyland. I run into this scenario all the time in Phoenix, and started to wonder what else may be out there that follows in this spirit. I want to see pictures of your local area of things that remind you of the happiest place on earth. I'll start with two pictures i snapped yesterday and today:

1. This isn't a great pic, since the sun wasn't really out; but when it's bright, this mountain shows a lot of similarities to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Absolutely stunning. The first time I saw it I stared at it for a few minutes thinking about it.

2. This one..well, the collector might as well move here instead. But it definitely reminded me of Mission Breakout immediately, and I might as well share it!

KA CHOW

I live 15min. south of the park so the closest thing that reminds me of the park is the park itself. There is an outdoor shopping center called the Irvine Spectrum That I am close to that has a lit Ferris wheel and MerryGoRound that you can see from the freeway as you pass by and that often reminds me of the park
    Disneyland, the greatest escape made by man.

Comment

Many of the older buildings in Redlands have Disneyland's charming and diminutive proportions.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
            Many of the older buildings in Redlands have Disneyland's charming and diminutive proportions.
            I've never been to Redlands. Wow! Awesome!

Comment

I was driving from Anaheim towards Palmdale so this is on I-15 or HW-138 east of the mountains, most likely 138 just after exiting I-15.

I stopped on "Route 66". not quite a Cadillac fin, but close.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20140127_140126 c 50pc.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	8503599

Last edited by gary94080; 04-10-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

1LE McQueen: That first pic reminds me of the 7th St & Thunderbird area, near where I work

Comment

You know, now when ever I see a mountain, I think "Matterhorn".
                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Didn't snap any pics while I was there but was walking through the actual French Quarter area of New Orleans and my fist thought was "Wow, Disney did a great gob of captaining the essence of this place in New Orleans Square"

Comment

Originally posted by gary94080 View Post
                      I was driving from Anaheim towards Palmdale so this is on I-15 or HW-138 east of the mountains, most likely 138 just after exiting I-15.

Click image for larger version Name:	20140127_140126 c 50pc.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	8503599

I know the area well....they sure done a lot Filming and Picture's taken,there......
                      (many old western movie's and TV show's)
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Every time I pass this house, I automatically think it's haunted The architecture is also rare for my area. Btw I used Google maps to get this, that's why the roof looks like it split. Neat thread idea!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	hauntedmansionhouse.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	8503710

Last edited by Disney Boy; 04-11-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Those are some great pics! Immediately I think of Carthay Theatre and Mystic Manor! And Haunted Mansion(s) of course!

Originally posted by gary94080 View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	20140127_140126 c 50pc.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	8503599

I love this picture. Coolest thing ever.

Originally posted by Hank McCoy View Post
                          1LE McQueen: That first pic reminds me of the 7th St & Thunderbird area, near where I work
                          This is actually in Fountain Hills, I took this picture from the parking lot of Fry's market place right off of Shea near the Scottsdale border! Nicest view i've ever seen from a parking lot haha. The Mission breakout pic I took from the culinary festival in Scottsdale on Saturday! Nice to see other Arizonians on the board ^_^

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                          You know, now when ever I see a mountain, I think "Matterhorn".
                          Everytime I see snowtop on a mountain (which does happen here, sometimes..) i think matterhorn too. Matter of fact, I have this picture as my desktop screensaver

KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Boy View Post
                            Every time I pass this house, I automatically think it's haunted The architecture is also rare for my area. Btw I used Google maps to get this, that's why the roof looks like it split.
                            Neat thread idea!

Click image for larger version

Name:	hauntedmansionhouse.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	8503710

That is awesome! there is a place in Phoenix kinda like this too, but alot more clean, a bit older, and it looks breathtaking. I wish i remembered where it was so I could take a picture. It was stunning. Thanks for the compliment!
                            KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post
                              That is awesome! there is a place in Phoenix kinda like this too, but alot more clean, a bit older, and it looks breathtaking. I wish i remembered where it was so I could take a picture. It was stunning. Thanks for the compliment!
                              You're welcome I can see why you have that mountain pic as your desktop! That's the real Matterhorn, correct?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X