Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Grand Californian Re-imagining

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Grand Californian Re-imagining

Extensive refurbishment and complete guest room redesign will elevate the premium hotel and convention experience

When I first saw this story the other day the first thing I thought was it will no doubt also elevate the price per night.

Comment

as a lover of the craftsman/arts&crafts style, this makes me very sad

Comment

Grand needed a refresh, it was looking dated compared to the 2009 renovation of the Disneyland Hotel.

Yes this will increase prices for a bit, reading that article looks like Coronado Springs is going to be much larger convention center for Walt Disney World.

Loving Disney Since 2006!
        Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

Comment

Was hoping they'd tear it down to properly expand DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
            Yeah, don't hold your breath on that one.
            "Have I gone mad?"
            "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by skoolpsyk View Post
              as a lover of the craftsman/arts&crafts style, this makes me very sad
              It's just a different set of A&C designs.
              From what I know, the rooms need the refresh. The style of the hotel and its rooms won't suffer.
              As part of a Public Service Announcement...
              Guardians Of The Galaxy
              Mission: Breakout
              ...is abbreviated like this
              GOTG M:B
              The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
              That is all. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by JayRomy View Post

It's just a different set of A&C designs.
                From what I know, the rooms need the refresh. The style of the hotel and its rooms won't suffer.
                I agree. It's A&C done in a lighter colour palette, with lighter woods and simpler furnishings. I like it. I love the Grand, I loved the 'old' rooms but they were very dark. These rooms look bright and cheery.

But I hate to think of the price bump!
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Glad to see this. The lobby of the Grand is so beautiful but the rooms are dull, dark and just not at all in line with the beautiful lobby. Glad to see they will be brighter. I wonder what firm is in charge of this change? I know a friend of mines firm was in competition for the design of the new hotel (is that even happeneing anymore?) and that same firm did one (or part) of the Shanghai Disneyland hotels, I think. They probably don't announce the firm associated, right?

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
                    Not going to happen.......In fact ,I can see Disney take part of DCA to expand the Hotel !
                    Last edited by Eagleman; 04-11-2017, 03:14 PM.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I was there a month ago and got an old room. Will be back in a month and hope for a new room.
                      My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Elevate the price per night........When a Person /Family staying a Disney Hotels ...you paying for the name!
                        And there is many Hotels in the area, with bigger room with more amenities , better service at a cheaper rate ...
                        To Each there own,in what they want ........But for me the worth not there.
                        ( Again ,I just live 9 miles south of Disneyland)
                        Last edited by Eagleman; 04-11-2017, 03:23 PM.
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Scottie View Post
                          I was there a month ago and got an old room. Will be back in a month and hope for a new room.
                          Take (and post) LOTS of pictures. I mean LOTS! DS and I were hoping for a new room but no luck. We saw the swatches collages they have posted around the corner from the elevators and I really liked them.

I know it'll be after you're there, but I can't wait to see the 'new' lobby. It looks like they're going to try to lighten the palette there, also.
                          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

Take (and post) LOTS of pictures. I mean LOTS! DS and I were hoping for a new room but no luck. We saw the swatches collages they have posted around the corner from the elevators and I really liked them.

I know it'll be after you're there, but I can't wait to see the 'new' lobby. It looks like they're going to try to lighten the palette there, also.
                            Well, the lobby was the same a month ago. They tried to give us a pool view room but that's where all the construction was going on so I opted for a quiet room. That one was the same old decor. Heading back to the land 5/10-11. Will let you know.
                            My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

I think the new look is fresh and inviting....and doesn't veer too far off the A&C course. So glad this beauty is getting some work done.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X