Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Grand Californian Re-imagining

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Grand Californian Re-imagining

    Extensive refurbishment and complete guest room redesign will elevate the premium hotel and convention experience

  • #2
    When I first saw this story the other day the first thing I thought was it will no doubt also elevate the price per night.

    Comment


    • #3
      as a lover of the craftsman/arts&crafts style, this makes me very sad

      Comment


      • #4
        Grand needed a refresh, it was looking dated compared to the 2009 renovation of the Disneyland Hotel.

        Yes this will increase prices for a bit, reading that article looks like Coronado Springs is going to be much larger convention center for Walt Disney World.

        Loving Disney Since 2006!
        Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

        Comment


        • #5
          Was hoping they'd tear it down to properly expand DCA.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RPaul View Post
            Was hoping they'd tear it down to properly expand DCA.
            Yeah, don't hold your breath on that one.
            "Have I gone mad?"
            "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by skoolpsyk View Post
              as a lover of the craftsman/arts&crafts style, this makes me very sad
              It's just a different set of A&C designs.
              From what I know, the rooms need the refresh. The style of the hotel and its rooms won't suffer.
              As part of a Public Service Announcement...
              Guardians Of The Galaxy
              Mission: Breakout
              ...is abbreviated like this
              GOTG M:B
              The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
              That is all. 😉

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JayRomy View Post

                It's just a different set of A&C designs.
                From what I know, the rooms need the refresh. The style of the hotel and its rooms won't suffer.
                I agree. It's A&C done in a lighter colour palette, with lighter woods and simpler furnishings. I like it. I love the Grand, I loved the 'old' rooms but they were very dark. These rooms look bright and cheery.

                But I hate to think of the price bump!
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Glad to see this. The lobby of the Grand is so beautiful but the rooms are dull, dark and just not at all in line with the beautiful lobby. Glad to see they will be brighter. I wonder what firm is in charge of this change? I know a friend of mines firm was in competition for the design of the new hotel (is that even happeneing anymore?) and that same firm did one (or part) of the Shanghai Disneyland hotels, I think. They probably don't announce the firm associated, right?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RPaul View Post
                    Was hoping they'd tear it down to properly expand DCA.
                    Not going to happen.......In fact ,I can see Disney take part of DCA to expand the Hotel !
                    Last edited by Eagleman; 04-11-2017, 02:14 PM.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was there a month ago and got an old room. Will be back in a month and hope for a new room.
                      My wife is the rebel spy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Elevate the price per night........When a Person /Family staying a Disney Hotels ...you paying for the name!
                        And there is many Hotels in the area, with bigger room with more amenities , better service at a cheaper rate ...
                        To Each there own,in what they want ........But for me the worth not there.
                        ( Again ,I just live 9 miles south of Disneyland)
                        Last edited by Eagleman; 04-11-2017, 02:23 PM.
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Darth Scottie View Post
                          I was there a month ago and got an old room. Will be back in a month and hope for a new room.
                          Take (and post) LOTS of pictures. I mean LOTS! DS and I were hoping for a new room but no luck. We saw the swatches collages they have posted around the corner from the elevators and I really liked them.

                          I know it'll be after you're there, but I can't wait to see the 'new' lobby. It looks like they're going to try to lighten the palette there, also.
                          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stormy View Post

                            Take (and post) LOTS of pictures. I mean LOTS! DS and I were hoping for a new room but no luck. We saw the swatches collages they have posted around the corner from the elevators and I really liked them.

                            I know it'll be after you're there, but I can't wait to see the 'new' lobby. It looks like they're going to try to lighten the palette there, also.
                            Well, the lobby was the same a month ago. They tried to give us a pool view room but that's where all the construction was going on so I opted for a quiet room. That one was the same old decor. Heading back to the land 5/10-11. Will let you know.
                            My wife is the rebel spy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think the new look is fresh and inviting....and doesn't veer too far off the A&C course. So glad this beauty is getting some work done.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I wonder what's going on with that new luxury hotel they're planning across the street from Disneyland. Havent heard anything new about it since they first announced it.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                                  Elevate the price per night........When a Person /Family staying a Disney Hotels ...you paying for the name!
                                  And there is many Hotels in the area, with bigger room with more amenities , better service at a cheaper rate ...
                                  To Each there own,in what they want ........But for me the worth not there.
                                  ( Again ,I just live 9 miles south of Disneyland)
                                  I totally agree. Although I've never stayed at any hotel in the area cause I live 15 min away. But just walking through all the Disney hotels I don't see how it would be worth it. Admittedly I like relaxing in the GCH lobby but that can't be something that sways someone to stay there. The big advantages are the EMH's and the special entrance for GCH guests. I could see the EMH being worth it with there only being 3 hotels on property although I've heard some saying it wasn't they thought it'd be.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by socalfan2708 View Post

                                    I totally agree. Although I've never stayed at any hotel in the area cause I live 15 min away. But just walking through all the Disney hotels I don't see how it would be worth it. Admittedly I like relaxing in the GCH lobby but that can't be something that sways someone to stay there. The big advantages are the EMH's and the special entrance for GCH guests. I could see the EMH being worth it with there only being 3 hotels on property although I've heard some saying it wasn't they thought it'd be.
                                    Disney Hotels ...you paying for the name!

                                    We know,because we live near the area......
                                    But many have this concept in names....like Disney
                                    and WORTH is not there....IMO
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      What does "modern approach to the Arts & Crafts design style" mean? Less Yosemite dark wood and more light stains & polished granite?

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        it nice, but too basic looking....they could have at least offered stone for shower walls?
                                        Are they redoing the lobby as well?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X