Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Thor: Mission Breakout?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor: Mission Breakout?

So the new Thor Ragnorak trailer was released today. At about a minute in, you can see this in the background. Sure looks a lot like GotG MB. Pretty odd. Perhaps Marvel land will all be themed to this planet that Thor and the Hulk are on? If you look at the rest of the trailer, the color scheme of this planet is also very similar to that of the new Mission Breakout structure. Not sure why a far off planet is appropriate in CA or why the Guardians of the Galaxy are there if this is Thor's movie, but this doesn't come out until November and Marvel land hasn't even been announced so we still have to see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	17888162_1253840238047135_249473198_n.jpg?oh=a03dc1107ffc77d46eddc072e7a10dfc&oe=58EF4B84.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	8503734
    "The birds will poop in the food" - Walt Disney

Would also like to point how similar the Collector and Jeff Goldblum's characters look. Perhaps they're related and that's how it ties the new Thor movie and Guardians of the Galaxy together besides being in a Cinematic Universe.

Comment

It's already starting. Well done Chapek, well done. Advertise the living heck out of that attraction and upcoming land in any way you can. There is $$$ to be made and we are all walking wallets anyway right?
      KA CHOW

Comment

AMAZING........Advertising at it best........Bob Chapek RE-BrandingAttraction!

Marketing in your face......
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

A planet made out of butchered Tower Of Terror attractions. What a nightmare.
          No One Cares About Your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
            Would also like to point how similar the Collector and Jeff Goldblum's characters look. Perhaps they're related and that's how it ties the new Thor movie and Guardians of the Galaxy together besides being in a Cinematic Universe.
            You sir, are amazing. I think that snark deserves a round of applause.

Comment

Originally posted by RuneM View Post

You sir, are amazing. I think that snark deserves a round of applause.
              I'm not sure if it was meant to be snark or not, but they actually are related. They are both elders, some of the most ancient and powerful beings in the Marvel Universes.
              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
              -Walt Disney

Comment

Come on. That's clearly a beautifully constructed 1930s hotel. Right? Huh... Maybe it does work better as a sci-fi building, which IT ACTUALLY DOES LOOK LIKE IN REALITY!
                My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

yep that is def the ride lol

Last edited by BradleyC; 04-11-2017, 07:25 AM.
                  Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

This thread is a good, interesting find. Whatever trash planet this is obviously keeps within the Collector's personal theming of his warehouse.

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post

I'm not sure if it was meant to be snark or not, but they actually are related. They are both elders, some of the most ancient and powerful beings in the Marvel Universes.
                    I could see Disney attempting to have the Collector (Benicio del Toro) and the Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum) attend the opening of GOTG, or maybe stage the premiere of Thor 3 at the Hyperion Theater in the shadow of Mission Breakout.

I've been trying to reserve my judgment on the new GOTG ride, but it's honestly such a shame that the Marvel tie-in to the parks had to be such a terrible-looking overlay. I think people are going to go on this ride regardless, just because they want thrill rides and drops with pictures of their friends looking silly. I didn't think it would be smart to just add this tie-in for just GOTG or even to give those movies their own piece of Marvel Land. This trailer confirms the shameless promotionalism that supplanted what was already a great ride.

Comment

Yep as Uncle Bob said, Jeff Goldblum is the Grandmaster, an Elder of the Universe whose pursuit was being the best in all games/competitions. Benicio Del Toro is the Collector, pursuing being the best at collecting.

I believe there is also Champion (Master of all Fighting), Runner, Gardener, and some others. My recollections of them are from the old Marvel Super Heroes Role Playing Game, so I don't remember the others at this time.

I know they formed an alliance to attempt to kill Galactus, which would cause another Big Bang, and make them the gods of the new universe that was created.

Comment

Thank you, RPaul, for the great find. It really tells a story.

Comment

Pretty interesting find if they are in fact somehow connected.
                          -Brian - Find me on Facebook

Comment

It's like a Rorschach test. You people are seeing what you want to see to the fit the narrative of your dislike toward the ride. In fact, you're building on that narrative adding things you don't even know are true regarding the Collector and Grandmaster being related in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by chadwpalm View Post
                              It's like a Rorschach test. You people are seeing what you want to see to the fit the narrative of your dislike toward the ride. In fact, you're building on that narrative adding things you don't even know are true regarding the Collector and Grandmaster being related in any way.
                              This isn't even a negative post. It's also been mentioned in this thread that the Collector and the Grandmaster are both Elders in the comics.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X