Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Free Wifi testing to begins April 24th??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Free Wifi testing to begins April 24th??

I just heard that free WiFi at DLR will be starting their testing on the 24th. Guests will likely not be able to connect to the WiFi at this time (unless it randomly shows up for guests) but it is coming. I knew I saw a WiFi access point in line at Pirates not long ago that looked brand new.

Disneyland should be creating a "walled garden" with the WiFi in order to prevent the Outside World from intruding into The Magic Kingdom more than is absolutely necessary.

Comment

As someone who has experienced the convenience of free WiFi at WDW, I hope this is true. While this might mean guests spend more time on their phones and less time enjoying what the park has to offer, that won't be the case with me! I just hope these people won't bump into me more than they already do because they aren't watching where they're going.

Comment

Disney...Free? What?
        There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
        -Dr. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
          As someone who has experienced the convenience of free WiFi at WDW, I hope this is true. While this might mean guests spend more time on their phones and less time enjoying what the park has to offer, that won't be the case with me! I just hope these people won't bump into me more than they already do because they aren't watching where they're going.
          They absolutely need to add it with MaxPass starting up soon. Isn't that starting the 27th? I cant remember. But with DLR taking the first step into digitalizing the FP system and probably more this had to be done. Great news!

Comment

Wow I hope this is true. Definitely will be a nice luxury.
            "The birds will poop in the food" - Walt Disney

Comment

for some it might mean spending less time on your phone. with Sprint and T-Mobile, I recall having to hunt around to get a decent signal and then waiting for a slower than normal data transfer.

will the WiFi be completely open or will it be tied to apps needed for fastpasses?
              Last edited by gary94080; 04-12-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Free WiFi at Disneyland?!? Yes please. Hopefully they get it working soon!

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if this is the reason for the upcharge for MaxPass. Perhaps it's not going to be 'free', but is going to be for MP users only.
                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I am excited about this! Even if its tied to MP I am still happy with it. I just hope if it is open that people don't spend all day on their phones and enjoy the parks.

Comment

This is just "whatever" to me. I don't spend a lot of time on my phone. I used to use the app but, I feel it's pointless.

Comment

I see good points and bad. People are going to be on their phones regardless of there being wifi or not. (I have 3 teenagers) I only go on my phone to take pictures and check wait times so I don't think it is going to effect me to much. But for my kid who is still playing Pokemon Go, he is going to love it.

Comment

Originally posted by gary94080 View Post

will the WiFi be completely open or will it be tied to apps needed for fastpasses?
                          No idea. We shall see. It's still not even an official Disney-confirmed thing but I'm pretty confident in my recent "heard it through the grapevine" rumors turned confirmations.

Comment

Wow this will be GREAT!!! I don't understand why they don't have free wifi now? Especially considering they have it in the hotels and Starbucks in DTD.

But yes I can imagine this will be a big benefit for people who doesn't have unlimited data but want to watch movies/shows while in line or just get online during down time. People do it already obviously and while people complain about people being on their phones it makes everything easier when you are standing in long lines. And especially calmer kids.

Anyway hope this is true!

Comment

More and more businesses will all be expected to provide WiFi to their guests it will be like bathrooms in the expected service dept. Disney would do wise by being ahead of this curve then behind.
                              Disneyland, the greatest escape made by man.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X