Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Fantasmic! Re-opening Pushed to July

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Fantasmic! Re-opening Pushed to July

I'm not sure if this has been reported or not already, but if so, feel free to ignore. My cousin is a cast member and mentioned to me that Fantasmic's re-opening had to be pushed back from June to July of this year. This delay is a direct result of some problems encountered with the technical aspects of the updated Fantasmic show, so it shouldn't affect the Rivers of America or the Disneyland Railroad, although those have their own timeline. Right now I'm qualifying this as a rumor because I can't give any concrete evidence, but I'm certain enough given what I know about my cousin's position at the company.

If only it was pushed back to July 2117 ensuring I would never have to traverse the chaotic crowds it causes while visiting NOS at night.

Comment

I have heard similar, something about the technical stuff related to the Pirate segment or something. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't return until even August. Technical issues for Disney tend to take FOREVER to fix (looking at you Rivers of Light).

Comment

Originally posted by StickyFrenchToast View Post
        I have heard similar, something about the technical stuff related to the Pirate segment or something. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't return until even August. Technical issues for Disney tend to take FOREVER to fix (looking at you Rivers of Light).
        I wouldn't be surprised. Based on the rumor of the Columbia "transforming" into the Black Pearl and such via projection mapping (of which projection equipment has been installed on Tom Sawyer's Island), it seems like the technical department made some rather large advances and I wouldn't be shocked if they ran into issues trying to get such a complex system to work. Remember, the new dragon Murphy lived up to the law of it's namesake and failed quite a lot when it first debuted but in the end it looked so much better than its predecessor.
        "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
        "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

June was never on the table for Fantasmic considering most of the programming cannot begin until the 2 ships are able to complete full circles around the river..

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
            June was never on the table for Fantasmic considering most of the programming cannot begin until the 2 ships are able to complete full circles around the river..
            The two ship are currently able to run through the stage portions of the river right now with no only a slight slow down once the exit to stage right. Both boats can dock at their normal docks on the island and can run all the way to Splash before stopping. Both Dams are just beyond each of these points...Well the Mark Twain can, the Columbia's hall is being welded each night...
            Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
            http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post

The two ship are currently able to run through the stage portions of the river right now with no only a slight slow down once the exit to stage right. Both boats can dock at their normal docks on the island and can run all the way to Splash before stopping. Both Dams are just beyond each of these points...Well the Mark Twain can, the Columbia's hall is being welded each night...
              I was just going to ask how they can program and then rehearse Fantasmic! without a full usable ROA, but this answers that.

However, how would they deal with all the other craft in the show, that will ultimately be storage in the new Fantasmic! storage, which they will need full river access to get to?

Comment

Yes but that doesn't mean anything, they're able to only test certain effects in the current river. Actual show programming cannot start until the ships do full circles. That's how the timing is determined of the ENTIRE SHOW. Remember, this is not the same river that was used in old Fantasmic after all.. Regardless, the rumor is not true and Im actually hearing June is still happening.
                Last edited by k_peek_2000; 04-15-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Yes but that doesn't mean anything, they're able to only test certain effects in the current river. Actual show programming cannot start until the ships do full circles. That's how the timing is determined of the ENTIRE SHOW. Remember, this is not the same river that was used in old Fantasmic after all.. Regardless, the rumor is not true and Im actually hearing June is still happening.
                  Thank you K Peek for a positive statement about the reopening. It would make me SO happy to hear Fantasmic! opens in June! Oh please, please make this happen!

Comment

While the original plan mentioned separate timetables, I still think the river construction going slow affected this(The new Fantasmic!! Storage isn't ready). They also need to finish the new boats' and train' tracks AND fill in the river/remove the dams AND test the new trestle for the trains( Remember it's a no go without OSHA's approval), AND the Boats and their tracks need to be finished AND test the new rockwork Waterfalls before Fantasmic!! be even be ready for the normal rehearsals.
                    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 04-17-2017, 01:53 AM. Reason: Forgot an AND

Comment

The Engineers at the New Orleans Train Station "feel" the railroad won't be up and running until August. I'm not sure if this will relate to Fantasmic and the river.

Comment

has there been any discussion on whether or not the train would be running during Fantasmic! shows?

before the reroute, there was distance and landscaping to screen the view, now the train will be running right along the "backstage" of the Fantasmic! show.

Comment

I'm interested in hearing more about how you know the show is still on track for June. I certainly hope you're right, but I'm not sure given the conflicting information I've received. My cousin has done some work for the show so I asked her for specifics. She said an assistant technical director overpromised on what sort of effects/action the new show could handle using Tom Sawyer Island's current infrastructure. Because the island was not equipped to handle it (especially with how muddy it is), they had to scrap some of these pieces. The assistant technical director was fired, but that's what caused the delay.

I would love for them to be back on track after this setback, though. It's certainly a possibility if they're working on it as much as they can.

Comment

Mark twain can not dock at its normal show dock right now. Its normal backstage show dock is right down from the fort where the damn is on big thunder side

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post

I was just going to ask how they can program and then rehearse Fantasmic! without a full usable ROA, but this answers that.

However, how would they deal with all the other craft in the show, that will ultimately be storage in the new Fantasmic! storage, which they will need full river access to get to?
                              Those watercraft are already in and have been in for a while if you go over by big thunder mountain and look at the river towards the fort you will see them covered in camo tarp. I believe Mouseinfo has pictures in one of their updated, maybe even micechat does too. There were even some plans to run Fantasmic with the river the way it is now and not close it down for construction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X