Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Summer of Heroes

Advertisement released today.

Spider-Man swinging over Paradise Pier is easily the worst thing about this advertisement. I feel like I'm watching a commercial for Universal Studios.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
      Spider-Man swinging over Paradise Pier is easily the worst thing about this advertisement. I feel like I'm watching a commercial for Universal Studios.
      Spider man is all wrong, I agree. He's too close to the ground at the front gates to the park, because he'd nave nothing to be swinging off of at that point.

This is a fairly poor advertisement, because none of this stuff will be happening in the park, at all, at any time. There will be nobody diving off a rooftop in order to tumble over the trolly tracks. Rocket, if he turns out to be a costumed character in the future, will never end up being that short, nor will he be leading kids through backstage areas. The only Groot that is going to appear is going to be a stuffed one, or one dancing in a pot. Spider-Man won't be swinging from anything, anywhere in the park, because they didn't add him to the Pirates of the Caribbean section of the new Fantasmic! show. Captain America won't be throwing his shield anywhere on park grounds unless he accidentally tosses it while pointing out directions to some lost vacationer.

But, Disney did need a summer commercial to bring in crowds, and this is the best they can come up with, right now, due to Star Wars Land construction in the main park. No hint of a reopening of the Railroad, the Rivers of America, or Fantasmic!, at all, which might lend credence to their reopening being pushed back to mid to late summer, if not farther out than that. Also, no hint of a night parade at Disneyland, in this commercial, which might mean that either they view Paint the Night as old news, of that they are unsure at this time if Paint the Night is going to reappear for the summer, or if the Electric Light Parade is going to stick around.

Honestly, a fairly disappointing commercial.

Comment

I like the shot of Rocket Raccoon in this add. Mostly because you get a quick glimpse of how the boiler room is gonna look.

Comment

My whole thought of it: it look lame.

Comment

Have to say it but Baby Groot is adorable. That little guy will probably sell more units to pay for the overlay by the end of the year.

Comment

I think I would prefer a summer of churros.

Comment

Looks fine to me. People complain about anything and everything on here.

Comment

The Spiderman swinging over the park is very reminiscent of universal studios. I was in the park when they we're filming these ads, I'm surprised how much work went into some of these scenes as it wasn't even used for half a second.
                  Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

meh...who cares

Comment

Summer of zeroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Black05Hemi View Post
                        Looks fine to me. People complain about anything and everything on here.
                        They really do.

It looks fine to me. Is it preferred that it's essentially a marvel takeover of a CA-themed park? No. But it's an ad that serves its purpose.

Comment

Being able to meet Groot is gonna be exciting. People that don't even like Marvel seem to love Groot.

Comment

I like how when Spider-Man swings into the park it looks like tower of terror is still covered in tarps.

Comment

It's nice to see a campaign directed at DCA rather than DL, I guess. My problem is that Disney is not (yet) synonymous with Marvel. I guess it's a case of Cognitive Dissonance.
                              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X