Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Space Mountain's coming back!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand how the lighting (or lack there of) technique works and why its used. I do agree with the half *** projections, but the same also goes for Ghost Galaxy and not just HSM. Oh well, life goes on and I'll continue to ride it, but I will personally miss it,

Comment

The geosphere was eliminated? Dang
      Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
        I love both versions, but I'm a Star Wars geek at heart, and riding Space Mountain (set to the exact track I said for years would go really well w/ the ride) converted to the beginning of the Battle of Jakku, was awesome. My wife actually said it's her favorite version of the ride because of the added effects.
        I fall in this camp too (my girlfriend likes Hyperspace more too, and she's not even a Star Wars fan). We'll ride it one last time this month, and then we'll just have to wait until the Millennium Falcon ride opens.

Comment

Darn I was hoping to ride it at least once, we're going to be there on 31st, nothing on the calendar indicates space mountain is going to be closed so hopefully I can get a ride in. Can they change the overlay that fast overnight?

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
            I still dont understand why people want the original back? If your comparing both aspects of this ride (even if your not a Star Wars fan) the Hyperspace overlay is way more entertaining and puts in the midst of an actual space battle. Now as we all know the original verison of the ride has been gone for some time now, but I dont understand how riding around in the dark with just stars and a big orange moon or sun is a better experience?
            The original seemed polished and complete. While Hyperspace Mountain does have some flair, the screens feel tacked on and cheap. Space Mountain is like a classic film. It's classy, stylish, and works really well, even if it isn't as zippy as modern films are. Hyperspace Mountain is like a campy 80's B-movie. A blast with friends and full of color and gags, but not something that feels "good" or that you want to see constantly.
            Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

There's something to be said about the sparseness of the Original that allows you to fill in the gaps with your own imagination. It's nice to not have an explicit story given to you all the time and allow yourself more of a sensory experience. The Original is more about the experience of being in outer space, rather than being part of a specific story.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post

The original seemed polished and complete. While Hyperspace Mountain does have some flair, the screens feel tacked on and cheap. Space Mountain is like a classic film. It's classy, stylish, and works really well, even if it isn't as zippy as modern films are. Hyperspace Mountain is like a campy 80's B-movie. A blast with friends and full of color and gags, but not something that feels "good" or that you want to see constantly.
                Like with everything here... "to each their own"

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post

Would you prefer to watch the $1 million budgeted independent film with a fascinating storyline and interesting characters or the $100 million budgeted summer blockbuster where you don't know what's going on?

The original Space Mountain is a fantastic example of less is more. Yes, you're in the dark, but that's entirely the thrill. You don't know what's coming up next or where you're going. Everything is a surprise. And then there's the soundtrack which is wonderful. And, while I know it didn't go away with Hyperspace Mountain, the queue's detailing and theming is some of the best in the park, honestly.
                  Excellent post. The darkness is the best part of the regular version. In Hyperspace, we are moving to fast for me to even know what I am looking at and there really is no story in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

Like with everything here... "to each their own"
                    I would love an attraction like Hyperspace Mountain, but I'd want it designed to actually be that so the projections are better integrated and don't have odd stretch and squash moments and it to incorporate some set pieces as well. It's a cool new concept, but unfortunately Hyperspace is limited by the fact its a layover shoved in. People can feel the difference, which is why so many are wary over the new Mission Breakout attraction. Layovers are fun, but we don't want something that feels like a layover to be a permanent fixed product.
                    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post

In Hyperspace, we are moving to fast for me to even know what I am looking at and there really is no story in my opinion.
                      The story is that you're defending Jakku against Imperial forces. You're a rebel pilot in the middle of the dogfight. It's fast moving because that's what combat piloting is. It's not like Pirates where you're a third party bystander watching the show unfold before you. In Hyperspace Mountain you're a character in the story.
                      Last edited by Co Foo; 04-20-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I still have not rode it so I will have to give it a go when I go in May

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

The story is that you're defending Jakku against Imperial forces.
                          Wait, then why is Blue Squadron there? They all died in Rogue One.
                          "The birds will poop in the food" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post

This is what I'm expecting, but honestly, as long as I can ride classic Space Mountain, the Disneyland Railroad, and the Mark Twain all in one day this year, I'll be happy.
                            You guys! Something will make RPaul happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsman View Post

You guys! Something will make RPaul happy!
                              "The birds will poop in the food" - Walt Disney

Comment

This news just makes my freaking day/week/months/whatever! FINALLY! Thanks for posting!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X