Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Space Mountain's coming back!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so exciting.
    If I had to rank the most recent versions, it would be 2005 Space Mountain > Ghost Galaxy > Hyperspace Mountain
    While I enjoyed Hyperspace Mountain overall, it felt off to me. The "jump to hyper space" felt gimmicky, and it was hard to have any suspension of disbelief when you came out of hyperspace to a turn / into another slow lift hill. Haha. In addition, it was hard (for me anyway) to hear or understand exactly what was happening in the story. I also agree with many others that it added too much light to the experience. This all being said - still a fun overall... just... "off".
    2005 Space Mountain doesn't need a story that guides you the whole way. The story is that you are going into space.. and that's all it needs. It's dark, some times unnerving, feels like a thrill. I love it.

Comment

This is wonderful news. Just enjoying that amazing Michael Giacchino score again. I enjoy the 2005 Space Mountain the best. So many good memories!

Comment

Gotta think Hyperspace will come back fairly quick as it was a crowd favorite and the movie coming out in december

Comment

Can we please get the iconic Dick Dale soundtrack again?
          "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
            I still dont understand why people want the original back? If your comparing both aspects of this ride (even if your not a Star Wars fan) the Hyperspace overlay is way more entertaining and puts in the midst of an actual space battle. Now as we all know the original verison of the ride has been gone for some time now, but I dont understand how riding around in the dark with just stars and a big orange moon or sun is a better experience?
            I really like the lasers. Star Wars, not so much. It may sound ridiculous, but not all of us like Star Wars

Comment

Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post
              I'd say that would be awesome to see. While this is probably a nightmare to install on 2005 computer systems, wouldn't it be awesome (although maybe confusing to newer guests like myself) if there was like a small 1/20 chance of the soundtrack overlay being the dick sale rather than the standard?

I wish more rides had slightly random Easter egg elements, like the small chance to hit jar jar in star tours...

Comment

While I don't like the Dick Dale version as much as the Space '05 version, it would be nice to hear it again for novelty sake.

All I ask is plz don't ever bring back the Rockin Space Mountain soundtrack nor its rainbow of lights and projections. That was my least fave version, hands down.
                As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                Guardians Of The Galaxy
                Mission: Breakout
                ...is abbreviated like this
                GOTG M:B
                The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                That is all. 😉

Comment

Saw one poster say they just like the variety and I agree. Hyperspace has been used for too long now besides the brief stint of GG in October. Like that other poster suggested have half the year be Original, half Hyperspace and a couple months of GG. Keeps it fresh, especially for those of us who are locals.

Comment

The Dick Dale soundtrack is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by socalfan2708 View Post
                      Saw one poster say they just like the variety and I agree. Hyperspace has been used for too long now besides the brief stint of GG in October. Like that other poster suggested have half the year be Original, half Hyperspace and a couple months of GG. Keeps it fresh, especially for those of us who are locals.
                      I like the variety, but I'd change the proportions. 8 months original, 2 months hyperspace, 2 months ghost galaxy.

Comment

I think having 3 different versions of the ride is just too much to rotate between. It makes it seem like the ride has an identity crisis. I think there should be 2 versions max. So we need to get rid of either Ghost Galaxy or Hyperspace, and if I had the choice, I'd choose to get rid of Hyperspace.

Comment

Yyyyaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!
                          KA CHOW

Comment

I think this ride needs the most variety to keep itself fresh. While I'd like to see wait times slowly tick down, I think a ride that's essentially offers the view of literally nothing other than disco balls, variety of the show is very welcome. That's not a knock on the ride btw, it's just the simple reality it faces. It's why I prefer the Disneyland version to Disney world (although I've had just one experience with that version so maybe I'm blowing smoke). Disneyland keeps it fresh.

Is ghost galaxy really that good? I haven't been yet, I've always thought the idea of a ghost in space was hokey... I'm probably wrong tho. Can anyone give me the pointers of what makes ghost galaxy a good show?

Comment

Originally posted by GameNBurger View Post
                              I

Is ghost galaxy really that good? I haven't been yet, I've always thought the idea of a ghost in space was hokey... I'm probably wrong tho. Can anyone give me the pointers of what makes ghost galaxy a good show?
                              I'm in that super weird minority that actually likes Ghost Galaxy best. I think maybe it's because it's not typical Disney with the pixie dust and when you wish upon a star. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that but something about the weird ghost around the Halloween holiday is fun for me. I feel it works better than Hyperspace because while the projections are used, it's not as bright. You are still in darkness and not seeing coaster track due to laser beams and such. I think it's just a fun, different experience and (this probably makes me a bad person so I'm apologize) I love when the kids get freaked out by the roaring on the outside of the mountain or come into the station freaked out. It's not really scary but for kids it can go both way; be super thrilling as something scary or just something to avoid because it scares them. This probably sounds stupid I know but just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by StickyFrenchToast View Post

I'm in that super weird minority that actually likes Ghost Galaxy best. I think maybe it's because it's not typical Disney with the pixie dust and when you wish upon a star. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that but something about the weird ghost around the Halloween holiday is fun for me. I feel it works better than Hyperspace because while the projections are used, it's not as bright. You are still in darkness and not seeing coaster track due to laser beams and such. I think it's just a fun, different experience and (this probably makes me a bad person so I'm apologize) I love when the kids get freaked out by the roaring on the outside of the mountain or come into the station freaked out. It's not really scary but for kids it can go both way; be super thrilling as something scary or just something to avoid because it scares them. This probably sounds stupid I know but just my opinion.
                                Interesting, so a sort of gloomy alternate world space mountain that's more foreboding than smiles... I can see the angle now. Let me ask it this way, would you still enjoy it if it switched over to ghost galaxy for a year?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X