Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    As far as predictions go, I think everyone has it pretty close to what it's going to be. Basically the same ride, but instead of feeling like you're actually in a haunted hotel, you'll be watching movie clips of the GOTG characters........which will feel like umm, watching movie clips of the GOTG characters.
    Yup. Which begs the question: "which clips?" It'll be interesting to see if Chapek and his marketing management team forced Joe to make the ride an in-your-face advertisement for the GotG movie sequel, or if WDI was allowed the <hack, koff> "creative freedom" to make it about the GotG franchise in general. (And for those who don't believe Chapek's consumer products marketing mindset would be capable of such hamhanded interference in the creative process, you should talk to the folks at DisneyToons who developed the first Tinkerbell movie. If you can find any of 'em still there, that is.)

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 04-20-2017, 10:11 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by GameNBurger View Post
      I like to think of myself on the hopeful side but I have no idea how you guys think an A A figure will fit in those tiny pre show rooms, let alone give them a safe distance so they can be a safe distance away from guests.

Strike that my SO just armchaired imagineersd something that answers that, maybe a rocket figure could peek it's head through a vent or hole in the roof of the preshow room,have interrupting a faux pre show, and talk to guests directly just like flick in the bugs life show???????

but a grounded animatronic figure wouldn't fit that's for sure...
      Definitely not an AA on the ground...I do think that the building could afford vertical space for a taller preshow room. The Taneleer AA could be on a "balcony" above and behind where the bookcases were before. That way he is more imposing...

Comment

My prediction... there will be an animatronic Howard The Duck in one of the collectors display cases.

Comment

I just recently noticed that they added a section with storyline, queue info and ride info on the Disneyland website for attractions. I don't know how long ago this was done because I don't really look at that frequently but it says

Meet Taneleer Tivan—a.k.a. The Collector, keeper of the largest assemblage of fauna, relics and species from across the cosmos.

His unique collection can normally be found on the mining planet known as Knowhere… but now, he’s bringing it all to Disney California Adventure Park for a special exhibition featuring his latest prize possessions: The Guardians of the Galaxy themselves!

The Collector’s Fortress Awaits
          As you make your way toward The Collector’s towering citadel, plants and trees from all over the known universe surround you, dubbed by Taneleer as the “Gardens of the Galaxy.” Before long, you’ll find yourself inside, in the presence of interstellar artifacts and creatures—including the Guardians of the Galaxy, held captive in glass cases high atop the fortress and dangling over an ominous abyss!

A “Big Thrill” Rescue Mission
          After commandeering a gantry lift, you’ll join Rocket—recently escaped from his case—on a harrowing mission to rescue his fellow Guardians… but not before unleashing intergalactic mayhem in the process, from the top of the fortress to the bottom, and all to the tune of one of Star-Lord’s awesome mixtape songs!

Showcasing all-new special effects, appearances by popular characters, music inspired by the soundtracks from the films, and “big thrill” drop sequences with a free-fall sensation that’ll have you screaming for more, this is one adventure you won’t want to miss.
          Based on this, odd foliage in the outside queue and surrounding areas, possible animatronic in the room previously the tv room or the lobby area just before it, artifacts in those areas as well as the boiler room area including the guardians of the galaxy, which will likely in the boiler room areas high up, lift/drop sequences will play out at random with different songs per ride with rocket being the "guide" to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post

Definitely not an AA on the ground...I do think that the building could afford vertical space for a taller preshow room. The Taneleer AA could be on a "balcony" above and behind where the bookcases were before. That way he is more imposing...
            That's an interesting solution, I'd say the only concern would be guests that would have to creak necks to look up if they're too close to under the balcony. He could peek out of a window or something as well... that would be interesting. I would like to see what they do with the pre show. It will probably just utilize the existing prenshow materials tho, and I wouldn't blame them for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post
              I'm glad the haters stayed off this thread...here is my prediction...

The old lobby becomes a new waiting area before entering the collectors exhibit spaces with previews of the wonders that you will see inside on large screens, perhaps presented by the collector himself.

The small preshow rooms will have an animatronic Taneleer Tivan boast that he now has the Guardians in his collection for your viewing pleasure. A loud explosion shakes the room and smoke enters, the lights flicker and go out momentarily, and then an animatronic Rocket sticks his head through a new hole in the ceiling and requests our help...I'll leave clues! PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!

The doors open and the old boiler room is now the main hall of The Collector. Rocket's mayhem is in full shtf mode. Some of the enclosures still contain their subjects, others are damaged and there subjects have escaped. This part of the que is interactive with scrawled graffiti on the walls from Rocket showing us clues, and Rockets voice and noises of him scrambling around breaking things come from all different directions. The Collectors assistants (CM's) assure us all is well while frantically hunting for Rocket. We encounter all sorts of strange and not so strange creatures in their clear enclosures as we move forward. The "collections" that escaped create some fun, and some scary encounters as the assistants try to round them up..."All is well!" They say even though they look terrified... Just before we board our "elevator" to move to a "safe" floor, we see the guardians directly over us in a clear enclosure. Fully animatronic, they bicker about how they got caught and who is to blame, and of course, "I am Groot".

We board the ride, and Rocket is directly over us with his final instructions. He quizzes a few guests, then says we're worthless...just hold on kids. The Breakout commences...no idea of what might happen from here...
              I wish they had done something as elaborate as that with the queue.
              Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Yup. Which begs the question: "which clips?" It'll be interesting to see if Chapek and his marketing management team forced Joe to make the ride an in-your-face advertisement for the GotG movie sequel, or if WDI was allowed the <hack, koff> "creative freedom" to make it about the GotG franchise in general. (And for those who don't believe Chapek's consumer products marketing mindset would be capable of such hamhanded interference in the creative process, you should talk to the folks at DisneyToons who developed the first Tinkerbell movie. If you can find any of 'em still there, that is.)

The ride is pretty separate from the sequel, with the obvious exception being Baby Groot.

I had a chance to talk to someone who said that Marvel didn't want WDI to use Baby Groot in the ride, because he isn't Baby Groot forever and they wanted the ride to stand on its own and not feel tied to the movie, but WDI really wanted to use Baby Groot. The intention is for the ride to stand on its own, separate from any one movie.

Comment

The official story for the ride is that Rocket has to cut the power to free the Guardians, but once he does, it frees all the creatures. It also messes with the gravity in the building, which is why the gantry lift is constantly rising and dropping.

I saw someone mention it, but I doubt The Collector will be one of the AAs in the queue. Benecio Del Toro filmed new scenes in costumes as The Collector, so they'll want to showcase him pretty prominently, probably through some form of pre-show video.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X