Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tron 2.O is greenlighted, based on the game and movie, could there be an attraction?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tron 2.O is greenlighted, based on the game and movie, could there be an attracti

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
    I nominate F'swab for best creative post of 2007!
    I second!
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Re: Tron 2.O is greenlighted, based on the game and movie, could there be an attracti

Originally posted by GothicManor View Post
      LMAO :-)
      Originally posted by chrisaustx View Post
      None of these links that you have posted provide primary source evidence that the Tron project has been approved and funded by Disney. If one of my students were to cite the Hollywood Reporter without a primary source cited, it would not count as a source. Journalists can write a story with a source, which can be the janitor at a studio or maybe the vending truck guy as someone credible, but without an authority cited, such as an official at Disney or the director saying the project has been funded and allowed to go into preproduction, then it is not credible. If a writer is telling a story about themselves in a blog, then it can be cited as primary source evidence, otherwise it can't be cited as a primary source. If a Wikipedia article is created by someone who is involved with an event and is writing about something they witnessed or worked on, then it can be a primary source. If a Wikipedia article contains a photo, it can be used as primary source evidence. If a Wikipedia article makes claims, asserts facts and describes a process without primary source documents, then it can't be used as primary source evidence. If Tron is greenlighted, the story will appear in the LA Times and other large newspapers, this movie only brought in $30 million in 1982 dollars, basically half of what Disney had hoped, its remake will be savaged by the media and rightly so. In comparison, E.T. made $30 million in 1982 dollars the first three days of its release and grossed a total well over $300 million during its initial theatrical run, Tron was a major Hollywood flop.

*yawn*
      Ryborg

Comment

Originally posted by InnerSpace View Post

And since when has Disney ever made an attraction based on a sequel?

Buzz, Pirates update...
        It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by InnerSpace View Post

And since when has Disney ever made an attraction based on a sequel?

Buzz lightyear astro blaster us based on a sequel.

As for a 2.0 attraction, there is always the possibility.

Comment

I nominate F'swab for best creative post of 2007!
            Originally posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
            I second!

"YES"

Comment

I meant, chances of it not being made are greater than chances of the movie actually being made.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManator View Post
                I meant, chances of it not being made are greater than chances of the movie actually being made.
                I understand; 'Bit' just has an irrepressible sense of humor.

Comment

This is not true, this rumor surfaced on the internet in 2003 and Lisberger has not worked in Hollywood since the 1980's (with good reason). Please post a link where you found that this Tron movie has been greenlighted by Disney. The first Tron movie blew and Disney lost a significant amount of money, funny how there is no Tron Disney 2-Disc Disney DVD Special Edition, the 20th anniversary edition is presently selling on Amazon for $7.95, what a collectors item! Disney would be foolish to ever bring this movie to the big screen again, let alone release it on DVD a second time. The Hollywood Reporter (rumor magazine) stated they heard, no sources cited, that Disney was in final negotiations to sign on the script, but no decision had been made. Once again, Disney would be crazy to make this movie, I wonder what John Lassetter thinks about this prospect.

Actually Gothic Manor is right, the go ahead has been by given by Burbank to go with a Tron 2.0 .

How do i know? I heard it from within.
                  Last edited by Baloo; 11-12-2007, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I think that TRON 2.0 be great if they did it right. I would love to see a Tomorrowland attraction too. It really needs to be top of the line though. The old TRON section of the people mover was really underwhelming.

Comment

This means nothing, there are no sources cited nor an official statement from Disney that the film has been approved. Hopefully this idea will not be approved and will die a just death. A Hollywood Reporter article with no sources cited is just rumor and nothing more, its just a glorified Wikipedia article.

Just out of curioisty, in what way shape or form does it hurt you or your pockets if Disney did approve and went ahead with a sequel for Tron?

From your above statement you make ity sound like it would be the end of the world. If you do not like the idea of a sequel than just stay away when its released.

Comment

None of these links that you have posted provide primary source evidence that the Tron project has been approved and funded by Disney. If one of my students were to cite the Hollywood Reporter without a primary source cited, it would not count as a source.
                        please drop the professor mentality #1 and #2 I specifically stated that the information was based on the Hollywood article, and therefore it stakes the majority of this on the reputation of that website. I did not claim that any of the links provided were quoted from a primary source. I also did not claim that this is either fact or rumor. I purposely did not weigh in an opinion to allow others to form their own opinions. I also did not find any information disputing this claim as a rumor.

Thank you for taking the time to back up the flop comment with a reputible source. Disney generally denies it is negotiating, or producing a project until the last minute.
                        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I'm going to start saying 'greenlighted' at stoplights.

Comment

Even though I thought the movie was boring as all get out (I'm in the minority on this, I know), I still think a ride based on it would be cool. I still remember the little appearance it made when PeopleMover was still around. I loved it!

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
                              I think that TRON 2.0 be great if they did it right. I would love to see a Tomorrowland attraction too. It really needs to be top of the line though. The old TRON section of the people mover was really underwhelming.
                              YOu mean something better than the painted plywood cuttouts so popular these days like in Buzz lightears? lol

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

sigpic

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                                Just out of curioisty, in what way shape or form does it hurt you or your pockets if Disney did approve and went ahead with a sequel for Tron?

From your above statement you make ity sound like it would be the end of the world. If you do not like the idea of a sequel than just stay away when its released.
                                I am a investor in (DIS) if Wall Street devalues the stock because another "Tron" movie is made, like they did in 1982, the value of the stock will take weeks or months to recover. Wall Street expects Disney to produce films that will gross hundreds of millions of dollars and not produce flops like "Tron." If another "Tron" film is produced Wall Street may punish Disney by changing their stock advice from hold to sell, if the stock prices devalue because of "Tron", tens of thousands of working class cast members who own stock will also lose money. For this reason, if I were Disney, I would try to sell off this asset to another studio and let them make it and just keep the licensing fee.
                                http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com

Comment

I think that's a fantasic idea.
                                  Everyone who has handled TRON in the past 10 years isn't directly Disney. I would love the idea of licensining it to another company.

Comment

I am a investor in (DIS) if Wall Street devalues the stock because another "Tron" movie is made, like they did in 1982, the value of the stock will take weeks or months to recover. Wall Street expects Disney to produce films that will gross hundreds of millions of dollars and not produce flops like "Tron." If another "Tron" film is produced Wall Street may punish Disney by changing their stock advice from hold to sell, if the stock prices devalue because of "Tron", tens of thousands of working class cast members who own stock will also lose money. For this reason, if I were Disney, I would try to sell off this asset to another studio and let them make it and just keep the licensing fee.
                                    The comparison isn't quite the same.. the timeframe of the original TRON is when Disney's Movie production was in the toliet and underperforming across the board. It was a huge sore spot and part of the weakness everyone saw in the company. It was the movie portion in part why they brought in Eisner (from another studio) to help correct the ship.. and why in the early days most of his efforts were in that area.

It's not really in the full context to point at the single movie as torpedoing the stock. The stock was very weak already and here was a catalyst.
                                    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                                    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                                    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

I heard Tron 2.0 is going to open next spring at the Gershwin on Broadway!
                                      Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

The comparison isn't quite the same.. the timeframe of the original TRON is when Disney's Movie production was in the toliet and underperforming across the board. It was a huge sore spot and part of the weakness everyone saw in the company. It was the movie portion in part why they brought in Eisner (from another studio) to help correct the ship.. and why in the early days most of his efforts were in that area.

It's not really in the full context to point at the single movie as torpedoing the stock. The stock was very weak already and here was a catalyst.
                                        In agreement with Flynnie here: apples to oranges. An under-performing movie is certainly not going to send stock prices in a tailspin today (Herbie: Fully Loaded, anyone?). TRON happened to be the straw that broke the financial camel's back in the early eighties after years of flops. Hardly the same situation now.

Comment

Hold on... let me think... Herbie Fully Loaded, Haunted Mansion, Country Bear Jamboree, Freaky Friday, I can keep going if you wish I haven't even made it to the direct to DVD... my point is before they picked up Pixar the studios WERE in the toilet. So much so that when they came out with the performance the theme parks was a main source of income and the movie side of the house was losing money. Of course no one these days remember this because it was pre-pirates and pre-Pixar when Pixar was mad at us!
                                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X