Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

The worst things about great and classic attractions

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst things about great and classic attractions

Just curious as to what people think are some of the worst aspects of some of the better rides in the parks. I don't mean general issues things like long lines, poor maintenance, or FP, but things specific to that ride. I'm talking about things in the design and/or execution of the ride that you feel are to its detriment. Hopefully people will offer up more than the ones that get repeated ad nauseam on here like Constance, Jack Sparrow, Matterhorn seats, and Disney characters in IASW (not that those aren't legitimate issues).
    For example:
    -The design of the giant snake in Indy. I've never liked it. It just looks too fake and reminds me of the old Jurassic Park stuffed dinosaurs. It looks like it belongs in BLAB more than Indy.
    -The non-animatronic IASW figures that look like they were made from materials bought at a craft store.
    -I love the HBG but hate the chime sound when the his head switches.
    "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

The ending to Peter Pan has always bothered me and i have always wished that we were high observers thru the entire attraction like we are in the beginning. the ending, , it is so sudden and anti-climactic and makes so little sense. I would keep with the tic toc theme of clocks or back to the children. The strange concept of my riding, is that I already know how we exit the attraction and consider the whole beauty of the story over when we leave the the cpt in trouble.

Comment

Jungle cruise, get away from the larger scenes and bring in more hangin foilage with birds, snakes, monkeys, more of a mystery. JC worked 40 years ago when TV showed the large animals in vast far away photography. but now have watched planet earth 2, with all the close up shots and small intricate details, my view of the rivers has changed. for example, have capybara eating along the river banks, more cats in trees,

Comment

I've redeveloped a real fondness for the FL dark rides but the painted plywood aesthetic, while it works like gangbusters, is a headscratcher. On the one hand, people will wait in lines to ride by it, but on the other hand, it's not terribly elaborate. Even Walt seemed to backpedal on the 50s attractions by making his 60s attractions more animatronic (especially PotC) but those original dark rides still bravely soldier on with their plywood thrills.

Comment

Nothing specific, but I feel that current administration won't be so protective of classic attractions. Like when I read that Mr. Toad may be leaving when Fantasyland gets its remodeling, I couldn't get my mind wrapped around the thinking of how glib the Disney administrators would just easily say that an opening day attraction would be gone. That thinking takes callousness.
          I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

The section of DLRR between Small World and the dioramas (or is that diorami??? Lol).
            Was it ever interesting? With that said, I'd take that stretch over not having the RR running.

I've always scratched my head that a tropical lagoon sat at the base of an alpine mountain. The veiw from the back of TL towards the west, even at a very young age, made me ask why. We all accept this now esp since it was a direct creation of Walt. But I still ponder the palm trees with snow in the background.

I know cascade peak was the forerunner/prototype of the Disney mt chain, but it never looked right to me. The peak was ok I suppose. A monolithic outcrop, fine, but the waterfalls were too square. The waterfall called Big Thunder was a near perfect sheet of water. I never warmed up to it. Maybe it would be very different for me if I had been on MTTNW and passed under it as opposed to passing by it on ROA. When I first went to DL, BTMRR was under construction and I was just forming my first memories of the world around me. So I grew up a couple decades removed from the orgin of Cascade Peak. I never saw it from any other point in the park. I felt zero for it in 1997 when it was removed. And I am ecstatic that a proper and more detailed version will be unveiled soon.
            As part of a Public Service Announcement...
            Guardians Of The Galaxy
            Mission: Breakout
            ...is abbreviated like this
            GOTG M:B
            The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
            That is all. 😉

Comment

Finding Nemo's claustrophobic submarine ride... do the walls and the screens REALLY need to be that close to the sub?

Comment

I love the Storybook Canal Boats! I hate the speaker system they use. I really wish they would get some kind of upgrade.... I would honestly just prefer to ride the boat in silence then listen to all the static. Now it has been a few years since I rode it so they might have had an upgrade I'm not aware of .

Comment

The original POTC had some flaws that weren't obvious at the time, but were improved with later updates. The soundtrack on the original audio system was almost impossible to understand. It sounded like, "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...something, something, something..." The modern sound system is much better.

The lagoon bombardment scene originally didn't have the mist/fog. Even in dim light, the proportions didn't seem right. I think the mist improves the look.

Comment

sorry for the double post
                    Last edited by Tomorrowland67; 04-21-2017, 06:19 PM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

Carousel of Progress '93 - Laserdisc is outdated.

Comment

Disneyland's Haunted Mansion - the outside switchback queue always seemed off. It could be turned into an extension of the garden with neat things to look at throughout.
                        Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

I wish snow whites ending wasn't so abrupt, and I also with that toad had more space for some more 3D sets.

Comment

Jungle Cruise...BoatTrip goes around the river to fast ,to relax and enjoy !
                            I wish, it was longer...............
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I second the SnowWhite ending and the hobbyist grade characters in IASW ( I would prefer they simply remove them. The rockets need to go back into there original spot.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X