Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Water presence in Star Wars Land...

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Water presence in Star Wars Land...

I think a water presence with any attraction adds a pleasant feature to it, whether it's a part of the attraction or if it's decorative. It'll be close to ROA but I don't know if that will count. Anyone heard about a waterfall or fountain in SWL?
    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Unfortunately I haven't really noticed anything in any of the art work, but water is usually a huge part of Disney lands, so I very much agree and hope that there is some water features. I remember Jim Hench talking about how important water features were to the Disney park experience and it's something that most of the Imagineers try to follow still today.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Comment

As long as they stay away from Jar Jar Binks some type of water feature would be nice.

Comment

Star War Land having it own water presence,such as a fall, fountain, pond,ect.
        I be OK with .....
        But ,reject of Mixing Theme with Frontierland and River of America!
        imo
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I'm really holding out for trip down the garbage chute to a trash compactor/sewer scene in the Battle Escape attraction!
          "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Water shown here? No? I ask because my sister was in the park and said she saw what looked like a huge excavated and formed area that looked to her like a giant water feature. ('m looking at it again and I think she's just seeing the back of Rivers of America.)
            In April, we celebrated the official groundbreaking of Star Wars-themed lands coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, and beginning today, Disneyland park guests can get a glimpse of this exciting and immersive experience. A new image has
            Last edited by Pips; 04-22-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
              Water shown here? No? I ask because my sister was in the park and said she saw what looked like a huge excavated and formed area that looked to her like a giant water feature. ('m looking at it again and I think she's just seeing the back of Rivers of America.)
              If River of America is part of Star War Land.....I Not going be Happy !!! we see
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

If River of America is part of Star War Land.....I Not going be Happy !!! we see

Yes...to me that looks like it might the case. But look at it this way...we knew ROA was "shortened." If they took that cut off part and put it in SWL, it's better than not having it at all. My worst fear is that SWL will be hot, dry and barren. My sister told me that from what she could see, it looked like it will be lush. (She can be too optimistic sometimes and I don't know where she was looking from. She was kind of "scouting around.") I hope there is water and lots of greenery!

Comment

Yes...to me that looks like it might the case. But look at it this way...we knew ROA was "shortened." If they took that cut off part and put it in SWL, it's better than not having it at all. My worst fear is that SWL will be hot, dry and barren. My sister told me that from what she could see, it looked like it will be lush. (She can be too optimistic sometimes and I don't know where she was looking from. She was kind of "scouting around.") I hope there is water and lots of greenery!

In a short time, we all will know.......lest with the concept ,of the River~~~~~~~I hoping on the best
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

TBH with the historic drought we've just been through I wouldn't be surprised if water is a minimal feature in SWL. I think the necessity of 'zero-scaping' during the drought and the cost and amount of water needed to fill a major feature would have affected the plans AND possibly planning permissions.
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

If Star Wars land were set on Tatooine I'd say there's no chance of a water feature. But since the setting is a new forested planet then I'll guess there will be some water somewhere. If not then it will be the only land in Disneyland since Main Street to be without a water feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                        TBH with the historic drought we've just been through I wouldn't be surprised if water is a minimal feature in SWL. I think the necessity of 'zero-scaping' during the drought and the cost and amount of water needed to fill a major feature would have affected the plans AND possibly planning permissions.
                        I think you are probably right.

Can't wait to see how this all turns out. I'm not a SW person, but my sister is HUGE fan and she is who I usually go to the park with, so her excitement is infectious. Crossing my fingers for at least a tiny pond!

Comment

I think you are probably right.

Can't wait to see how this all turns out. I'm not a SW person, but my sister is HUGE fan and she is who I usually go to the park with, so her excitement is infectious. Crossing my fingers for at least a tiny pond!
                          My son's the same way, he's really excited. I've been pretty 'meh' about SWL as it's just not something I'm 'into', but you're right, the excitement is a bit infectious. But for me I think it's the idea of seeing HIS reaction.

Of course, he's real excited over GotG, too.
                          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Last edited by Pips; 04-23-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Woodsman; 04-23-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X