Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Tell me about August

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about August

Hi everyone,
    It's been a while, but I'm finally planning my next potential trip after 2 years away (last trip was June 2015). We're thinking about heading down this August. I'm just wondering... what will the parks be like? We've been in late August before, so we have a general idea of crowds- that's not what we're worried about. I have two main questions:
    a) what will be closed? Will the monorail be down (thinking about staying in the DLH, so that has a huge impact). Will the Rivers of America attractions be back? Fantasmic?
    b) what is new since June 2015?
    c) what will the nighttime entertainment be like? I know that the last day of MSEP will be August 20th. Will Paint the Night be back after that? Any word on what fireworks will be running? World of Colour?
    Sorry if this is very general, just trying to get a broad idea of what we can expect from the parks!
    Disneyland '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '04, '06, '09, '12 x2, '14 x2, '15
    WDW '07, '11, '13

Personally, I steer clear of the unblocking dates in August. I learned a lesson with crowding. So if I were to go during that month, it'd be closer to the first week rather than the last week.

Some of the questions you are asking... we'd love to know too!! Esp the monorail question. I've been looking and I haven't seen even a rumor of its closing date.

I hope others will give some insight.
    As part of a Public Service Announcement...
    Guardians Of The Galaxy
    Mission: Breakout
    ...is abbreviated like this
    GOTG M:B
    The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
    That is all. 😉

Comment

Hello! Hopefully I can answer a few of your questions.

a. By the time you visit, the ROA, Railroad etc should be reopened (barring any issues). Fantasmic SHOULD be back but there is no official word, last I heard was sometime mid-July. I heard something about a month long monorail closure but I don't recall when, I believe it's before your visit.

b. New since 2015: Luigis Rollickin Roadsters, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, Soarin over the World, Peter Pan updates, Spiderman, Groot and other Marvel meets, Hatbox Ghost (though I think he was in May), Star Wars Launch Bay with meet and greets, new Star Tours destinations, Frozen Hyperion show, Red Rose Tavern (if it's still there) and though not an attraction.... likely MaxPass.

c. As far as fireworks, looks like Remember is playing in June so there's a good possibility that will last through August. No one seems to know what is going on with Paint the Night. I hope it's back by then. WOC will probably be running.

Comment

The summer is the new off season at the resort thanks to blockout dates, plus out of town visitors are too afraid to bother. Only Signature and Deluxe passes are allowed. Weekends are the best because only Signature passes are allowed. But starting August 21st the floodgates will open.

Comment

I bet ..it will be HOT......My Birthday is in August and always HOT at Disneyland with out fail!
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I actually went last year the 3rd week of August from the 17th to 19th (Wed - Fri) and there were no crowds at all. Take in mind most schools in southern California go back that week so the parks tend to be a lot less crowded the last 2 weeks of August thru all of September. Going the last week of August can also work in your favor if there happens to be a bad heatwave, which is not unusual that time of year. Nothing scares crowds away from DL faster than lots of rain or extreme heat. Everytime I have visited when it's hotter than 95, the crowds are light. If it's near 100 the park can be a ghost town.

Comment

7The Monorail closure is from the middle of May to the middle of June, so you should be okay. Rumors are still flying around about when the DLRR, ROA and Fantasmic are coming back. I've heard mid-July for the railroad and river and possibly late August or early September for Fantasmic.
              Last edited by DarthBrett78; 04-22-2017, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Many school districts will have started by mid August. I'm not sure whether local school districts will start at that time too. Crowds could be down during the weekdays. And the heat will be a factor as usual. Plan accordingly.
                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Hi. Not much has changed in the last couple years. Expect more crowds. It happens. Its hot and doesn't cool off. My best weapon is still the ride time app. Usually good to 10 minutes.
                  My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post
                    7The Monorail closure is from the middle of May to the middle of June, so you should be okay. Rumors are still flying around about when the DLRR, ROA and Fantasmic are coming back. I've heard mid-July for the railroad and river and possibly late August or early September for Fantasmic.

I do not think the river, is going be up running to late summer..just a lot work being done ...
                    The Railroad maybe July......But would not be surprise, if that get push back as well !
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                      The summer is the new off season at the resort thanks to blockout dates, plus out of town visitors are too afraid to bother. Only Signature and Deluxe passes are allowed. Weekends are the best because only Signature passes are allowed. But starting August 21st the floodgates will open.
                      I second this... Early August is great, Summer Saturdays are surprisingly enjoyable, even Sunday mornings are fairly light. The best part is that when only Signature passes are open, the crowds tend to be somewhat manageable (christmas and NYE excluded)

Comment

I'm planning to go the week of the 14th. It's the last week of the summer that passes are blocked and hopefully late enough where kids are starting to go back to school and vacationing is winding down. This is what I did two years ago and the crowds were pretty tame. I think everything will be running by then....railroad, river, etc. Summer of Heroes will probably still be going too if you're into that. The only hit and miss at that time is whether Haunted Mansion will be open. They usually take it down late August to start the HMH layover, but the week of the 14th might still be okay. Just keep in mind it is usually pretty hot during August, so stay hydrated!

Comment

Avoid when the blockouts start get lifted. Even with schools starting, it's not the time to be at the parks. This is usually the only chance these passes get to experience some of the Summer offerings and hours.

Also, visit this thread for the best info on closed/refurb attractions https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...ated-as-needed

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X