New Film Idea at Sunset Showcase Theater.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoraFan1992
    Keyblade/Jedi Master
    • Sep 2015

New Film Idea at Sunset Showcase Theater.

I Know Some of You Get Tired of Movie Sneak Peaks in Sunset Showcase Theater, But I Think It's time to See the Theme Park Film Returns to this Theater.

What do You Want to See in This Theater?
    A. Cinemagic (aka Cinemagique from Disney Studio Paris),
    B. Magic Journeys
    C. Captain EO,
    D. A New Muppet*Vision Film
    E. Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival
    F. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience?

• Fctiger
    MiceChatter
    • Aug 2015

Just as long as its something new. I just got tired of getting old movies from WDW which they been doing at DLR since Honey I Shrunk the audience. Captain EO was an original film for that park but no I'm not suggesting to put that back in there either. It would have to be something new and original. Its no way they should bring back the old Muppet movie but I wouldn't mind a new one. But to be honest the Muppet popularity has probably wane too much at this point. The last film flopped and their show got cancelled after 1 season so I don't see that happening. There is no big push to bring the Muppets into the park.

And they should obviously take advantage of their really popular brands. I can easily see a new Pixar short going in. An 4D Inside Out adventure would be great. Obviously you can never go wrong with Toy Story. Of course a new short Marvel film made would keep people coming back. A ten minute film made exclusively for the resort would be cool. And let's be honest chances are that theater and most of that area is more than likely on burrowed time anyway and where Marvel land will most likely end up. So if they do make ML there but keep the theater then my vote is for a Marvel based film. If not, then a new Pixar film would be great. Funny ITTBAB is the only one they ever made and that film is 20 years old already.

Comment

• SoraFan1992
      Keyblade/Jedi Master
      • Sep 2015

Yeah, At Florida has their Muppet Popularity with the New Show and Everything.

Comment

• Donald1980
        Disney is home
        • Aug 2006

Good luck convincing them to stop using it for movie previews. The days of that theater being used for anything else is basically over. I love the Muppets, but it would need a new show, but I don't see that happening. The movie previews make Disneyland execs happy because the studios pay for the bill and the studios are happy because it's a great marketing opportunity that they take out of the marketing budget.

Comment

• Fctiger
          MiceChatter
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by SoraFan1992 View Post
          Yeah, At Florida has their Muppet Popularity with the New Show and Everything.
          I'm confused itsn't it just the same film from the 90s?

Comment

• Donald1980
            Disney is home
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Fctiger View Post

I'm confused itsn't it just the same film from the 90s?
            They have a new show that is an addition to the film.

https://youtu.be/qSi0W-kcRxM

Comment

• Fctiger
              MiceChatter
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post

OH I see thanks. But a show is different then producing another film. I don't think Disney has any interest to invest any real money in the Muppets at this point. Show looks cute though,

Comment

• PragmaticIdealist
                • Jun 2005

Ever since Jim Henson died, his successors have never been able to capture the tricky tone of the Muppets, but that fact does not mean that the characters and the franchise are not still extremely valuable. They just need someone who knows what he or she is doing.

Comment

• SoraFan1992
                  Keyblade/Jedi Master
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post

Good Idea.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X