Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Attendance is declining again.

A little birdie told me attendance and gate revenues are slumping since the new year. Spring Break was gangbusters for about two weeks, but overall things are down across the board - single-day, multi-day, and APs.

I asked said birdie if he thought the execs would do anything about it. Probably not, because it's not unexpected. 60th crowd levels weren't expected to be sustained. Late 2018/Early 2019 the Star Wars marketing will start, and attendance should surge again for a while.

A great many people have simply been priced out.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

This is an interesting rumor. However, my last three visits don't jive with your assertion. Granted, one of them occurred during spring break. To me, the parks seem as busy as ever.

Obviously, three visits is laughable sample size. What have other regular goers experienced this year?

Comment

Don't they publish some rough numbers in the annual report for shareholders?

Comment

Could have fooled me with the billions of people each time I have gone this year sans the one time it rained in February. I mean the crowds could seem exaggerated with the train, river, multiple ride closures down for refurb, but Jesus H. man I could barely walk on most days with stepping on people's ankles. They have not been pleasant visits :/

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
            Don't they publish some rough numbers in the annual report for shareholders?
            Yes, they do.

Comment

Originally posted by armyknife View Post

Yes, they do.
              The financial reports show cumulative attendance trends, but don't include actual numbers and don't break them out by park. There are third-party analysts that release annual estimates, but I've been told (by people I assume would know) that their Disney numbers aren't that accurate.

Comment

There have definitely been some good slow days to be in the parks this year so far. I remember last summer had some slower days as well which was great.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

I'm going in 10 days. I've been watching my ride time app for the last 2 weeks. Only 1 day out of the last 2 weeks have I seen the ride times be decent. By that I mean popular rides be at about the half-hour wait level instead of an hours wait. So I don't think attendance is down at all. Fingers crossed for my trip!
                  My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

I have to wonder how much the train being down is affecting wait times. It's super hard to say without any real definitive attendance numbers. It's almost always crowded compared to what it was even 5 or 6 years ago (at least it seems so), but is it less crowded than last year? Maybe. Some could be priced out, some waiting for Star Wars to open before they return, some just even waiting for the train to come back. Who knows. I do know from personal experience that it's basically always crowded with rare days of light crowding and relatively light evening crowds.

Comment

I was there last week. DL on Thursday and DCA Friday. The usual bottleneck spots were congested but both parks felt less crowded in relation to October when I was there last. The usual wait times for toe popular rides were still there and PoTC was a little longer than usual (I'll call that the Johnny Depp effect) buy there was room to move and the pathways were fairly open.

Comment

I think attendance is more of the same. We're just not used to this new ticketing system but numbers show that days would have been normally slow have been packed. USH just had a great attendance jump as well,

Comment

Yep busy as ever. I remember 6 years ago going on Sunday evenings for a couple hours and a couple rides since I lived across the street from M&F and the park was very lite and could do about 5 or 6 rides in 2 hours. Now? No way..try one maybe 2 rides in the same time frame.

Comment

Attendance has most certainly declined from 2015-16 levels, as anticipated, due to the end of the 60th. Does that mean that we'll actually notice? Not really.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X