Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Frozen Ride At Old Motor Boats

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] Frozen Ride At Old Motor Boats

    This is just an idea, my idea was to put a frozen ride where the old motor boats were and just use the same ride throught of the motor boats but make it into like the it a small world you load outside and you see the ride indoor. What do you guys things of my idea.

  • #2
    It wouldnt be my most ideal ride but yeah I think it would actually be a great area, especially next to the Matthehorn. That ride can finally feel in theme to something. I dont know how much room there really is in the boat area but I'm sure someone can tell us. But I think a boat ride would be great. I use to imagine A Little Mermaid in this area or the subs but thats over now. This might be the next best thing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe not a ride, but certainly re-theme that unused area into Frozen. The Frozen gang just doesn't belong in Hollywoodland. But would be a perfect fit over there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Maybe a walk through rides like the beauty and the beast at WDW MK. They could take groups of 20 and along the way, they are telling the story of frozen.

        Comment


        • #5
          Segregate the Motorboat lagoon from the rest of the water supply. Dig it out and put in a trackless ride in a structure based around, oh, I don't know, the castle or the troll garden or something. For bonus points, have exterior sections that can take advantage of a push to retheme that corner of FL into a more "alpine" feel with more pine trees and such.

          Or we can just dress the ducks up like Anna and Elsa and call it a day.
          Account abandoned due to trolls

          Comment


          • #6
            I think an eventual Frozen ride is a no-brainer, but, a quick Google Mapping shows that what was once the motorboat lagoon is now mostly gone (it's now just the water around the old dock). The only way that space could be used for an attraction at this point would be to reclaim land from Autopia and/or reconfigure the parade route.

            Comment


            • #7
              No more Frozen

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GreatAndoski View Post
                I think an eventual Frozen ride is a no-brainer, but, a quick Google Mapping shows that what was once the motorboat lagoon is now mostly gone (it's now just the water around the old dock). The only way that space could be used for an attraction at this point would be to reclaim land from Autopia and/or reconfigure the parade route.
                Dreaming here, but it'd be nice - for Frozen or anything else - if they could simply roof over the section of the Autopia there, set it up as a cave or other appropriate structure (it IS around the offroading section IIRC) and then utilize the newly available space for an attraction. Plus up the Autopia with a new themed set, get a new ride in a highly built out area of the park, win win.
                Account abandoned due to trolls

                Comment


                • #9
                  Maybe a highly themed Meet Anna and Elsa area including a short boat ride - similar to Pixie Hollow in Disneyland.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I always wished there would be more of a presence of Mary Poppins in the park, not necessarily in that spot, but some sort of ride.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BogLurch View Post

                      Dreaming here, but it'd be nice - for Frozen or anything else - if they could simply roof over the section of the Autopia there, set it up as a cave or other appropriate structure (it IS around the offroading section IIRC) and then utilize the newly available space for an attraction. Plus up the Autopia with a new themed set, get a new ride in a highly built out area of the park, win win.
                      Yeah, but you've got to deal with the monorail & peoplemover tracks overhead, plus the fact that the submarine show building is UNDER a huge chunk of the Autopia. Not a lot of "action" in that area, but lots of structures to contend with.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GreatAndoski View Post

                        Yeah, but you've got to deal with the monorail & peoplemover tracks overhead, plus the fact that the submarine show building is UNDER a huge chunk of the Autopia. Not a lot of "action" in that area, but lots of structures to contend with.
                        Yeah, it'd probably have to coincide with either a removal or rebuild of PM, and the "cave" would have to accommodate the Monorail (but that would look SO FREAKING COOL). I'm pretty sure the Subs don't extend that far over - I wouldn't think building it much past that loop of the old FL Autopia that extends further west would be a good call due to lagoon and so much other stuff. But hey, I'm dreaming. Call it a line up from the west side of the Matterhorn walkway the bulges out behind the Lagoon but not by enough to impinge on anything further.
                        Account abandoned due to trolls

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A lot of the old Motorboat area has been filled in with dirt and grass is now grown on it. Remember the motorboats actually weaved in and out of the Fantasyland Autopia ride (yes there used to be 2 Autopias) You can see one section in particular that used to go under one of the larger Autopia bridges is now just a rather large area of grass.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            frozen is terrible

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                              frozen is terrible
                              It's also (sadly) developed enough legs to carry it for a decent period of time, enough where a Frozen attraction somewhere on the West Coast is a likely eventual development.

                              I may not like the series and may have a standing death threat to anyone playing the soundtrack in my house, but I'll bow to popular will to allow things I don't like in the park.
                              Account abandoned due to trolls

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X