Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

New Projectors, Mist screens and Aladdin Confirmed Fantasmic!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Projectors, Mist screens and Aladdin Confirmed Fantasmic!

Twenty-five years ago, the Rivers of America at Disneyland park became the stage for the colorful tableau of Mickey Mouse’s imagination with the opening of the classic nighttime spectacular, “Fantasmic!” When it returns to Disneyland park this summer, “Fantasmic!” will still be the treasured Disneyland park experience guests have loved for 25 years – complete with its original fanfare and theme song – but all taken to brilliant new heights!

Upon its return, “Fantasmic!” will feature new magic, including new mist screens that will combine with innovative, state-of-the-art projection technology for brighter and more vibrant visuals than ever before. The show will also feature new scenes inspired by Disney animated classics such as “Aladdin”; one of the dazzling new scenes finds Aladdin and Jasmine floating over a bed of fog on their flying carpet during “A Whole New World.”

We’ll have more to share on this returning classic soon – including an opening date – so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog.

This should be interesting, I'm actually excited for this. I have always been a fan of World of Color over Fantasmic! However this looks to be pretty good, I guess they had to bring back that aladdin musical magic of the flying carpet
    Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Wow this is GREAT news! I always hoped they changed the show and bring in new elements. I think Alladin is a great addition. I assume the most popular parts of the show will stay the same but some of it could definitely be reworked. Its nice Disney is adding the extra magic wherever they could.

Comment

Looks like it going be a , NEW FANTASMIC !.........Show
      Glad they be keeping , original fanfare and theme song....I have always enjoy it .
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Nice can't wait to see what else they come up with. Every time they announce changes to F! I chuckle at all the people who tried to discredit mice chat for breaking this news last year ROFL!!!!! The biggest one which hasn't been announced is the POTC scene during the end instead of Peter Pan. Let's see if that one comes true as well.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

It sucks that they did not do a farewell to the old show. I'm sure they could have sold a lot of merch and exclusive stuff for it and give it a proper good bye.

Comment

That concept art is horrible. It's just lazily thrown together on photoshop.

Looking past that, though, Aladdin is a fine addition and the upgrades to the technology sound great.

Comment

I'm excited to see what Fantasmic has evolved into.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post

Looking past that, though, Aladdin is a fine addition and the upgrades to the technology sound great.
                You think it looks funky?
                I could really see that cool cloudy look under a Southern California summer sky. I really love what they're doing here.

Comment

TBH Fantasmic was long due for an upgrade, so I think that this is a welcome change. Can't wait to see it!

Comment

So far it sounds like they're adding Aladdin, Pirates will be replacing Peter Pan, Rapunzel and Flynn replacing Snow White, and Jungle Book replaced by Lion King. Did I miss anything?

Comment

Finally, a change that isn't disappointing! It'll be awesome to see them on the magic carpet once again since their time at the Hyperion. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post

Yeah, this is beyond unacceptable as preview art / rendering. Look at that moon. I think overall a mid-core fan with a few skills could have come up with something better.
                        As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                        Guardians Of The Galaxy
                        Mission: Breakout
                        ...is abbreviated like this
                        GOTG M:B
                        The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                        That is all. 😉

Comment

Oh man, the feeling when fantasmic is going on, haunted Mansion holiday is lit up and there is a train at the new Orleans station.. im getting goosebumps just thinking about it
                          KA CHOW

Comment

Looks like a positive update! Looking forward to it's return!

Comment

They are testing both boats now!! cannot be too much longer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bg5A0Qkqts

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X