Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Most Vivid Memory From First Visit

What is your most vivid memory from your first visit to Disneyland? Mine was from October 1968 when I was four and a half. Mom, Dad, and I were driving from Arizona to Northern California. I had never been to a theme park (any any amusement park, for that matter). I remember walking through the castle and being assailed by a riot of color, music, and kenetics of pre-1983 Fantasyland. Mom says that my eyes were as big as suacers. I also remember being afraid of Adventure Thru Inner Space and had nightmares about it for years.

Screaming like a terrified toddler when my father convinced me we were ACTUALLY being shrunk on Inner Space. In my defense, I was an actual terrified toddler. And my dad was (and likely still is) a massive jerk.
    Account abandoned due to trolls

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
      Screaming like a terrified toddler when my father convinced me we were ACTUALLY being shrunk on Inner Space. In my defense, I was an actual terrified toddler. And my dad was (and likely still is) a massive jerk.
      I'm wondering how many of us dating back into the seventies are going to have "TERRIFIED OF THAT DAMN INNERSPACE RIDE" as the most vivid memory.
      Account abandoned due to trolls

Comment

I was a baby my first visit was sooner then I can recall. Although possibly the 2nd or 3rd I can recall as my memory of the park still as a toddler sitting in the Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland and barely being able to see over the sides at the animals as my Mom or Dad were holding me.

Comment

Being burned by someone with a cigarette while watching fireworks. He wasn't looking for little kids, I was 8 and he swung his arm and hit me with the cigarette.
          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Sitting and watching a night time parade and some talking tree came over and scared the poop out of me. This was in the early 80s.

Comment

Being on the Rocket to the Moon 1959...(being only 5year old )

and scar ,that we would not be able, get back to earth ! !
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Being completely overwhelmed by the Haunted Mansion. I don't remember ATIS every scaring me. It always seemed kind of fake (though I loved it).

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                  my first memory is the same thing! ATIS scared the you now what out of me the first time I was watching the omnimovers go through the microscope. I can still see it in my mind! I ended up loving the attraction though LOL
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Age 7, the Rocket to the Moon -- experiencing the "G-forces" at liftoff and being 100% convinced it was real.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                      Age 7, the Rocket to the Moon -- experiencing the "G-forces" at liftoff and being 100% convinced it was real.
                      That part that scar me.....it felt so real !
                      Forget the Moon ,I wanted get back to Earth..........
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

3 years ago was my first visit - I'm a newbie haha - I remember being a 29 year old man shedding a few well hidden tears during the fireworks. it was intense to finally get to Disneyland

Comment

for sure rocket to the moon......100% convinced....but my most vivid and first E ticket was the Mine train thru Natures wonderland....sitting on the bench, looking over the side at all those animals I had seen on TV, so real...they were real, going over the trestle, thru the mine colors....it was all so real......always the first E ticket......because as an 8 year old I was alone in the park and had no family to dictate the values of my ticket book.....then looking for wrist watches to ask what time it was so I could catch the bus back to Lafereny Road

Comment

Snow White. The Evil Queen and Maleficent were big hits in my family. I don't get it that it's too scary for some little kids. Totally loved it.
                            Rocket to the Moon is a really vivid memory, too. Funny how it's the one for a lot of us.

Comment

Originally posted by laferney Road kid View Post
                              First E ticket was the Mine train thru Natures wonderland....sitting on the bench, looking over the side at all those animals

Mine Train thru Natures Wonderland
                              Always one my "E" ticket Favor,with all rocks ,waterfalls from the cascade , animals
                              It was like trip to a National Park!
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X