This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney College Program/ Attraction Host

Greetings. So I'm offically signed-up to do the Disney College Program at the Disneyland Resort Spring 2008. I wanted to wait to post about this until later like in February. I know the pros and cons to doing this January/February-September program. I even know a couple people that tried it, didn't like it, and/or quit before the program was complete. But I want to do it.

Anyways, I got my first job choice of "attractions". However, I know it's probably the most popular job to get at the resort. And I made my 1st day/ Welcome Session appointment on the last weekend of January. Anyone's first day can actually be the 1st/2nd week of January. However, I have a (rather pointless) Upper Writing Exam required for college graduation to do on January 19th. So I decided I should do the Welcome session AFTER the exam so as to not have my Disney days conflict with the Exam.

Now here's my questions: Will the more popular attraction host positions be filled by the end of January? And is The Main Street Opera House and Tour Guide Hosts considered attraction hosts? The last question I'm not sure I really want to do, because I rather have a position on a ride like Pirates or Mansion (which is I'm sure not unheard of ). And I noticed during parades, fireworks, and maybe Fantasmic, costumed CMs from other lands usually have crowd control positions. I'm okay with doing that, so are CMs randomly choosen to do that or sign up for it?

THANKS!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: Disney College Program/ Attraction Host

I am in the same exact boat as you! I was accepted into the program as an Attractions Cast Member. My arrival appointment is in early January. I will be moving from the college I am currently enrolled in to a local college closer to home. At the same time, I will be partcipating in the program. I am interested to see where it leads and what type of experience it will be.

Comment

^ Are you doing the Lecture or Leadership class sessions? I signed up for Lectures. Because, well, they're more Disney-orientated.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
      -Jurassic Park

Comment

Hi guys! I'm signed up for the College Program Spring 2008 too!... But I'm doing Guest Relations

I have a friend who is currently in the program who is doing attractions - ironically, he was cross-trained on both Mansion and Pirates, the two which seem to be the more popular attractions.

He said that, in the beginning, you're trained in guest control (parades/fireworks) because you will have some shifts that do that. But you will also receive your attractions training soon after

I signed up for the Lecture series too. I know that "Marketing Me" is really popular, but I'd rather hear from the heads of each department to see what they have to say...

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
        Flying through the stars just like
        Peter Pan
        I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
        Disneyland...
        -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Comment

^ I just got the message about cross-training after a month or too. Didn't hear the part about doing crowd-control first. But all attractions have to work that. I'm okay with that.

-Jurassic Park

Comment

You don't end up with much Guest Control due to the fact that College Program (at least now) gets a year of seniority in GEMS when you start to help you get attractions shifts.
            You'll be assigned to a specific area (Tomorrowland, FantasyToon, AdvFront, NOCC, Paridise Golden, Hollywood) and can only work the attractions in there. Tomorrowland, Fantasy, AdvFront all have parades, NOCC has Fantasmic!.

Yes, Opera House is part of attractions, it's in AdvFront.

Have fun! And let's move this to the Break Room.

Comment

To answer part of your question:

Main Street Opera House is part of Adventureland attractions, I think.

Tour Guide is actually Guest Relations, not Attractions.

All Attractions CMs work Guest Control, some have a dedicated shift to work it, while for others, they will work half their shift at their location and then go over to Guest Control, ill show up on your schedule.

Comment

Thanks for the informative responses

-Jurassic Park

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X