This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowds on 11/23?

Hey guys! It's been a while since my boyfriend and I have been able to head out to Disneyland together, being college students and all...but we naturally have the day after Thanksgiving off. I've heard that the park gets pretty crowded during Thanksgiving week, but just how bad would I expect it to be on Friday? I've never experienced it for myself, so I have no idea.

Any personal acccounts or thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Crowds on 11/23?

Just as crazy!

Comment

One of the busiest days of the year.
      I only did it once, years ago.

Comment

They dont call the day after Thanksgiving Black Friday for nothing

Comment

We've enjoyed the Resort for the Thanksgiving holiday the past five years now. We arrive on the wed before, and leave on the wed after.

The friday and saturday after T-Day are INSANELY crowded. In fact, the gates will probably close a few times, just as in the past.

We have grown wiser with age, so we pass on DL for friday and saturday and enjoy the Park on sun through wed.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
            We've enjoyed the Resort for the Thanksgiving holiday the past five years now. We arrive on the wed before, and leave on the wed after.

The friday and saturday after T-Day are INSANELY crowded. In fact, the gates will probably close a few times, just as in the past.

We have grown wiser with age, so we pass on DL for friday and saturday and enjoy the Park on sun through wed.

Good luck!
            We were just talking about it and were thinking Sunday would be a better day, so that's probably what we'll do.

Thanks so much for all of your help guys!

Comment

Day after Thanksgiving, as has been said, is generally one of the busier days of the year.

Comment

Sunday is a great idea!

One thing my family does when we go during crowded times - we "psych" ourselves out for the crowds. Just expect that it'll be crowded and make your game plan for what rides you want to do in which order. Usually the rides in the back of the park are good to start with, like HM, Splash, BT, etc and get in at rope drop, of course. That way you'll at least get a jump on the day and won't be so shocked at the amount of people in the park. If it doesn't end up as crowded as you thought, you'll be pleasantly surprised and it'll make the whole day a good one.

We've had a great time even on crazy crowded days. It just takes the right attitude. (I have to say though, that January 2nd and 3rd were the worst days I've ever visited the park in my whole life. Even worse than a Saturday in July! We ended up going to, dare I say, DCA!! It STILL wasn't crowded there.)

Have fun!

Comment

How busy will the park be the few days BEFORE Thanksgiving? Say Sun., Mon., Tues.?

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                    We were just talking about it and were thinking Sunday would be a better day, so that's probably what we'll do.

Yeah, Sunday will start out busy, but lighten up as the day goes on.

By Sunday evening, most rides should be walk-on.

We'll be hanging out in the TT, catching the final evening of the SandBox Band.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Beaumandy View Post
                      How busy will the park be the few days BEFORE Thanksgiving? Say Sun., Mon., Tues.?

Figure like weekend crowds.

Getting worse as Wednesday approaches.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
                        They dont call the day after Thanksgiving Black Friday for nothing
                        Yeah well they also called the day DL opened Black Sunday and look where we are now.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X