This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Layover For Sleeping Beauty Castle

With the current winter layover nearing completion, if not already so, on Sleeping Beauty Castle it got me to thinking about Halloween and how some have expressed their disappointment with how little Halloween themeing gets done around the park.

My question to all of you out there in MiceChatland is would you like to see Sleeping Beauty Castle get a Halloween layover for the month of October?

If so, what I am proposing is to have the water under the boat dyed into a boggish, dark, dirty green complete with fog and bubbles. There would be some spooky looking trees installed off to the side. The castle could also get lit up with eerie oranges, yellows, reds, and dark, spooky colors.

Also, a new Halloween fireworks spectacular would be created called, "Frightmares In The Sky." These "frightmares" would include audio clips of the Haunted Mansion, portions of the Chernabog scene in Fantasia, and many other haunting Disney characters and moments.

There could be more done, but this is just to get the spiderweb started.

What do you all think?

...Joe...
    Yes! I'd love to see the Castle all spooky!
    73.85%
    No! Leave the Castle alone! Enough layovers!
    16.92%
    Unsure/I don't know.
    1.54%
    No opinion/I don't care one way or the other.
    3.08%
    Other (Please explain below).
    4.62%

Re: Halloween Layover For Sleeping Beauty Castle

I say why not! If they can put snow on it, I'm sure they could get it looking creepy with all the Main Street pumpkins and other fall decorations.

BRing it on!

Comment

I think it should be decorated by Maleficent using all the powers of hell!
      Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
      : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Special Nightime lighting on the Castle would be neat,
        and more displays in the Hub area are needed.

As for daytime decorations on the castle, for Halloween,
        not really that big a deal for me.
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Isn't DL getting HalloWishes fireworks next year?

Anyway, I'm all for Halloween layover for the castle. Nothing extravagant, though. Maybe a few decorations here and there. Orange lights on the castle and maybe strobe lights that flicker every once in a while on some of the turrets at night.
          Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I think the castle should be covered in black thorns to make it look like Maleficent is trying to stop Prince Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
              I think the castle should be covered in black thorns to make it look like Maleficent is trying to stop Prince Phillip

Black thorns! Now you're talkin'!

Comment

Could be cool...

The only real problem I'm seeing so far with that specific plan is the water. While I get your intent with the dirty bubblishness, I don't think it'd work too well. Remember, Walt was really big on the park being clean--even when it came to the Haunted Mansion, he wanted the creepiness to be conveyed in a way that didn't involve the illusion (or reality) of uncleanliness.

Comment

I think there should be jack o'lanterns impaled on the thorns...or is that too gruesome?

Datameister, what about some "unhealthy" color like purple for the water?

Duckland
                  : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Originally posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
                    I think it should be decorated by Maleficent using all the powers of hell!

lol. that would be perfect.

Comment

fake black thorns like ivy seeping up the castle walls, maybe a giant Maleficent dragon on top of the castle

Comment

Datameister, what about some "unhealthy" color like purple for the water?
                        Mmmm, maybe.

The big problem you run into with stuff like this--as evidenced by current work-in-progress on Sleeping Beauty--is that it'll be seen during the daylight hours for at least half the time it's seen by guests. This would probably look fantastic at night, but during the day...? I'm not so sure. It's hard to build stuff and make it look nice during the day without it actually looking nice, you know?

Comment

at night just have it illuminated in GREEN flames or lights

Comment

I wonder...I wonder...fog machines ON the castle, seeping a foul mist down over the thorns, might help during the day. Disguise them a little.

at night just have it illuminated in GREEN flames or lights
                            Green & purple: the colors of evil.

Duckland

Comment

Green & purple: the colors of evil.
                              Or the colors of plants and royalty. Just depends who you ask. )

Comment

well Maleficent the villain of Sleeping Beauty used green magic her flames, firecracker spinner thing, etc

Comment

Hmm maybe some lights IN the water to light up the water purple IDK just my opinion.
                                  And maybe some Jack'o'lanterns impaled by the flag poles on the spires like in The Nightmare Before Xmas oooh and maybe a big Magic Mirror to narrate the Firework show!!

Comment

Have a Maleficent meet and greet at the castle?

Comment

Anybody think that the Ice Queen from Narnia could get involved in this somehow?

...Joe...

Btw, I'm liking the ideas about the thorns around the castle!

Comment

Have a Maleficent meet and greet at the castle?
                                        I would be so there.

Duckland

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X