Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think Space Mountain Will Ever Go BACKWARDS?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Think Space Mountain Will Ever Go BACKWARDS?

Well the only Disney Park I know that has made a roller coaster go backwards is the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril coaster in Disneyland Paris. I hope that one day Disneyland will do another Rock'n' Space Mountain stint during spring break or summer only this time the only change will be the ride goes backwards. Is the Space Mountain here capable of even going backwards?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Do You Think Space Mountain Will Ever Go BACKWARDS?

No it can't. It's gravity powered. That doesn't work going *up* hills.

Comment

The OP meant the trains are backwards, but that doesn't make it any more plausible.

Comment

Expedition Everest goes backwards.
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

^^ Yeah, but that's just a portion of the ride, and it was designed to do that.

Comment

No, I don't
            "It was worth it if you learned something."

Comment

I'd rather have Space Mountain get a loop before making it go backwards.

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
                I'd rather have Space Mountain get a loop before making it go backwards.

...Joe...
                Too bad the only Space Mountain to recieve a loop was the one in Paris but even Disney knows it would be WAY less costlier to make it go backwards then ever putting in a loop.
                "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

I really enjoy this ride as it is, It's fun to feel like you're flying through space instead of hurtling, if you get me drift. I don't mind going backwards if it's for a short time and part of the ride, but the whole ride would feel silly (don't know where I"m going, just where I've been).

Comment

Nope, I doubt it'll happen. It's designed to be a forwards-facing ride, and while there are precedents for such directionality changes, I don't think there are many successful precedents.

Comment

Originally posted by seasnake View Post
                      (don't know where I'm going, just where I've been).
                      Isn't that a Mater quote? )

Comment

Yup

Comment

It would be possible although it would probably require trains with head supports as well as testing and additional safety checks etc. Great idea, would be very very cool! Backwards rides are very very fun! It would be a fantastic feature but I highly doubt the park would pay for new trains/testing etc.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

That ride is so disorienting I swear I was going backwards at some points. The first time I rode it (old version) I thought we were going straight down at one point. But it was the braking track in the exit tunnel :lol: I was messed up. Space Mountain was also the VERY FIRST roller coaster I ever rode. What an introduction.

While I think it would be possible to put backward facing seats on that track, I'm not sure if it would add to the show. It's designed to be looked at frontwards.
                              Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                              DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X