Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember....Dreams Come True wraps up it's 07 run with a half show!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember....Dreams Come True wraps up it's 07 run with a half show!

Last night I was watching the fireworks in front of the opera house. When it got to the Tomorrowland part, the music stopped and the lights came back on. I think it was because not all the pyro around the hub wasn't going off except one.

Thats what I thought.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Re: Remember....Dreams Come True wraps up it's 07 run with a half show!

Hmm, well if it made it to the Tomorrowland segment, it must have been a three-quarters show.

Bye-bye R...DCT, see you next year!

Comment

It had to do with the winds. If you watched the fireworks and resulting smoke, they were being blown all over the place up there. Fireworks fall-out was littering the ground as well...
      sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kriskitty22 View Post
        It had to do with the winds. If you watched the fireworks and resulting smoke, they were being blown all over the place up there. Fireworks fall-out was littering the ground as well...
        That reminds me of our '87 trip. We stayed at the Station Inn (it was a Best Western at the time and my mom gets employee discounts). I don't know what it was called after it changed ownership, but it was on the now empty plot of land where Ball Rd crosses I-5 across from what's now TDA area. Everyone else may know this site as it was the site of the old Spaghetti Station. I remember seeing the fireworks from back there and the ash and stuff from the fireworks was falling on the hotel. It's like that South Park episode when the town had its giant 4th of July Snake since fireworks were banned. Once the snake was destroyed, it snowed ash on the town.

Comment

Out on the river we called it "Remember, Dreams Come Tr--"
          Midshows are always so fun.

Comment

So, when does Believe... In Holiday Magic start? And then when does Remember... Dreams Come True come back?

Wow. Disney sure love dots!

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
              So, when does Believe... In Holiday Magic start? And then when does Remember... Dreams Come True come back?
              Well, I know that B...IHM begins this Friday. R...DCT should return sometime early January.

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
              Wow. Disney sure love dots!
              Apparently so. They imply thoughtfulness, so I don't mind them.

Comment

That would be right.

I really wish they would go back to showing the fireworks in the summertime only anyway. Not only is summertime the least windy season in this area, limiting fireworks to this season only really made summertime special. And almost gave summer a distinct seasonal feel to it compared to Christmas and Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  limiting fireworks to this season only really made summertime special. And almost gave summer a distinct seasonal feel to it compared to Christmas and Halloween.
                  I can see this working if Disneyland continued to appeal mostly to the local crowd. However, with the push to make the Disneyland Resort a vacation destination, these major entertainment options are a necessity. I believe fireworks really complete a guest's visit. Especially if you've travelled from out of town.

Comment

yeah, the smoke was blowing a little to the left. I was at Small World and they pushed the crowd back and closed Small World Holiday. Fall out landed rigght in front of me!

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                    Hmm, well if it made it to the Tomorrowland segment, it must have been a three-quarters show.
                    Yeah, it was almost done!! it just finished the Matterhorn part, then it shut off and the lights turned on.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X